PDA

View Full Version : Did PG set a new record?

Lousada
31st March 2008, 13:10
7 out of 21 stages completed, and still scoring points? Do you think Petter sees the humour in this?

PuddleJumper
31st March 2008, 13:37
I'm betting he doesn't, and rightly so.

Glee
31st March 2008, 13:44
7 out of 21 stages completed, and still scoring points? Do you think Petter sees the humour in this?

If Petter could have used Superrally for the last three stages, he would be just one place from a podium, and Subaru would just lost one manu point…

Lousada
31st March 2008, 14:03
If Petter could have used Superrally for the last three stages, he would be just one place from a podium, and Subaru would just lost one manu point…

Isn't that insane? (rhetorical question). This just shows how random these rules work. In theory you could score manu points with just the 3 last stages completed, of which one is a ssssss.

Kaps
31st March 2008, 14:06
I've already complained against this some time ago, but didn't quite get much support.

With this system, it's theoretically possible to finish in last 2 positions, covering about quarter of the distance, and still take maximum points.

Not exactly what this sport should be about, IMO!

Tomi
31st March 2008, 14:11
The whole superrally rule is crap, rally is partly a endurance sport, retirement should mean retairment.

kernel_gdi
31st March 2008, 14:22
hmmm... i'm just a little bit lost... why P Solberg couldn't do SUperRally on Sunday? It is not possible to do Superrally on 3rd leg?

Tomi
31st March 2008, 14:29
hmmm... i'm just a little bit lost... why P Solberg couldn't do SUperRally on Sunday? It is not possible to do Superrally on 3rd leg?

not if you retire on sunday.

Brother John
31st March 2008, 14:44
The whole superrally rule is crap, rally is partly a endurance sport, retirement should mean retairment.

I agree Tomi, no superrally and more service, then we see the real rally drivers again.

GigiGalliNo1
31st March 2008, 14:47
I agree Tomi, no superrally and more service, then we see the real rally drivers again.

amen!

Tomi
31st March 2008, 14:51

agree, it does not rise the cost much if they should be allowed small services between stages, even cheaper if the drivers would have to do the service them self.

pettersolberg29
31st March 2008, 17:16
I love Petter but although a Superrally would have got him points, there should be no Superrally rule at all as it lets people like Mikko get points despite crashing really early :s .
A service should be allowed I think, as it is also a good spectacle for fans.

That said, if there is a Superrally rule, it should also be allowed on the final day, otherwise it simply isn't fair.

Tomi
31st March 2008, 17:28
I love Petter but although a Superrally would have got him points, there should be no Superrally rule at all as it lets people like Mikko get points despite crashing really early :s .
A service should be allowed I think, as it is also a good spectacle for fans.

That said, if there is a Superrally rule, it should also be allowed on the final day, otherwise it simply isn't fair.

Yes it's a very unfair rule, you get different treatment depending what stage you retire, best would be to skipp the rule or change it so, that teams can use the rally as an extra test for the retired driver if they want, but no points.

raybak
31st March 2008, 21:15
I recall at Rally NZ 2005, we actually were running as high as 3rd in the NZ championship results due to Super Rally and we had only completed 4 stages. We were getting Loeb's times plus 5 minutes as there were only 3 cars in class A6.

Ray

White Sauron
1st April 2008, 15:51
people like Mikko get points despite crashing really early :s .

People like Mikko? Hm... He's one of the most consistent drivers, and his retirement on Friday had nothing to do with his own mistake also - just a misfortune hitting a stone on the driving line.

Tomi
1st April 2008, 16:02
Does anyone of the statistic guys have any info about who driver has benefitted most of the "super rally rule", in other words collected most points after retirement.

kernel_gdi
1st April 2008, 23:56
Does anyone of the statistic guys have any info about who driver has benefitted most of the "super rally rule", in other words collected most points after retirement.

Wilson should worship SuperRally rule, I guess :D

jso1985
2nd April 2008, 03:36
:s I'm pretty sure super-rally could be also used on sunday stages on previous seasons(I recall H.Solberg getting an engine failure at the last SSS in Greece I think and still getting points)

so I wonder why they took out that rule :s

N.O.T
2nd April 2008, 03:42
a more fair way to do superally would be the retired driver to take the penalty for every stage of the day no matter in which stage he retired.....

cosmicpanda
2nd April 2008, 06:54
a more fair way to do it would be to allow the cars to run, be included in the stage times but not classified in the overall results.

Perhaps they could also run in front of the classified cars and thus remove the controversy of being the first classified car on the road.

Tomi
2nd April 2008, 08:17
a more fair way to do it would be to allow the cars to run, be included in the stage times but not classified in the overall results.

Perhaps they could also run in front of the classified cars and thus remove the controversy of being the first classified car on the road.

For who would it be more fair, for the drivers still competing or for the retired who drive without pressure to finish?

AndyRAC
2nd April 2008, 09:55

Can you imagine still having the Safari Rally, with SupeRally.....??? :confused:

pantealex
2nd April 2008, 16:48
Loeb, Monte-Carlo couple years ago, I think.

Luckin
2nd April 2008, 18:21
Yep, Monte 2006, Loeb came 2nd with SupeRally used on the very last stage of day 1

Shifter
2nd April 2008, 20:41
Well, I'm thinking SupeRally hopefully is a bridge to keep the sport active until Suzuki and hopefully someone else become major forces in the championship. When the field again has depth, then that's when SupeRally should be removed.

Right now, the only real contenders are 2 Finns in Fords, and 1 French driver in a Citroen. 'Course I'm sure Subaru will again rise to glory next season. That's why I'm not saying don't can SupeRally just yet.