PDA

View Full Version : Conquest Potentially in trouble

millencolin
31st March 2008, 05:20
I use the word 'Potentailly' because its my specualtion...

But Opes Prime group, who's owner (whos name has disappeared in my hungover state of mind), is a partner of Conquest racing, has gone into receivership here in Australia. Its collasped big time. Over $1billion owed! So with that you would think a partnership with a race team would be terminated so they can try to save their arse.

Opes Prime was involved in stockbroking and Asset management, both of which have hit VERY hard times in recent times.

But what now for Conquest, this team was never really on secure ground after Mi-Jack left, what are they're chances of landing a sponsor in this new unified series?

millencolin
31st March 2008, 05:21
oh and here are some links

http://www.opesprime.com.au/

and this ones goes more into detail about the bust

http://www.businessspectator.com.au/bs.nsf/Article/Billion-dollar-bust-D64HQ?OpenDocument&gclid=CL6gm5i-tpICFRImawodzl6FQg

V12
31st March 2008, 12:18
That's a real shame - I rate both Perera and Bernoldi and I was pleased for Conquest that they SEEMED to have gotten a good sponsor on board. I know Bernoldi has his sponsorship (Sangari?) although whether they'd be able (or willing?) to fund his ride completely I don't know. Did Perera (i.e. Conquest) get to cash the Atlantics cheque he inherited? Or has that gone out the window with CC's bankruptcy?

MAX_THRUST
31st March 2008, 12:32
Dont think Perera inherited any money, as CCWS went Bust as well!!!

I think conquest have more chance of getting a sponsor in the merged IRL than they would have had in either series if we were still split.

I hope the team does good and gets through this.

Henry Cutts
31st March 2008, 12:33
That's a real shame - I rate both Perera and Bernoldi and I was pleased for Conquest that they SEEMED to have gotten a good sponsor on board. I know Bernoldi has his sponsorship (Sangari?) although whether they'd be able (or willing?) to fund his ride completely I don't know. Did Perera (i.e. Conquest) get to cash the Atlantics cheque he inherited? Or has that gone out the window with CC's bankruptcy?

Nobody got the Atlantic’s cheque.

Dr. Krogshöj
31st March 2008, 17:21
Pay By Touch, Medi|Zone and now Opes Prime. It doesn't (didn't) seem to be a good omen to sponsor Champ Car teams.

cartpix
31st March 2008, 17:53
Hopefully the team got the check, upfront, & cashed it before Opis went belly up. Otherwise...

Jeff