PDA

View Full Version : Big :up: for the mods!

ioan
30th March 2008, 19:46
I just wanted to congratulate the mods for pulling the NOTW thread! :up:

IMHO, respect for someones private life should be in the constitution of every civilized country.

markabilly
30th March 2008, 19:50
:up:

Magnus
30th March 2008, 19:50
Absolutely. But IMHO the discusson was very polite and most of the people seemed to feel sorry for him since he got into the NOTW in such a way.
I actually do not understand the deletion at all. The ones that crossed the lines were NOTW. We were discussing the consecuences of the tabloids money-desire, and if he had actually done something wrong. He is after all head of an important motorsport organisation, and the leadership of this organisation is of great interest to most of us.
As I said: IMHO.

Big Ben
30th March 2008, 19:56
what are you talking about? what is notw?

Magnus
30th March 2008, 19:58
Google it and close your eyes

BDunnell
30th March 2008, 20:03
I disagree with the decision, and go along absolutely with what Magnus says above. The story is in the public domain and we were having a sensible discussion about the merits or otherwise of such stories. We can't ignore that these things happen.

Woodeye
30th March 2008, 20:05
He is after all head of an important motorsport organisation, and the leadership of this organisation is of great interest to most of us.

He was at least...

I never had the chance to see the original thread, but I don't understand why it was removed. IMHO we should be able to discuss about anything, but in a polite manner.

Juppe
30th March 2008, 20:07
Big thumbs down is more likely in order here!

First of all, there were no unpleasant wars between forum members as it was. All the conversation was good natured and no obscene language was used.

Secondly, this is a huge thing that will affect F1 tremendously. This should be discussed here and all of its consequences to the sport!

This is in the media already, don't be babies - put the thread back!

Zico
30th March 2008, 20:26
Big thumbs down is more likely in order here!

First of all, there were no unpleasant wars between forum members as it was. All the conversation was good natured and no obscene language was used.

Secondly, this is a huge thing that will affect F1 tremendously. This should be discussed here and all of its consequences to the sport!

This is in the media already, don't be babies - put the thread back!

Thanks Juppe.. As origonal poster of the said thread, I brought up the subject to be discussed as how it would affect F1 and the FIA.. I didnt go into any lurid details and was hoping we could discuss its implications on the sport 1st and foremost.

To Ioan and Markabilly.. Would you prefer to be kept in the dark as to scandals in the higher circles of F1 that could bring about changes in its personel?.. I think not..

ICKE
30th March 2008, 20:29
I suppose some people want to censor and protect the powers that be.

This discussion was started in the public domain and we should be free to continue it in good taste. Mosley commands authority and has certain responsibilities.

There needs to be transparency in the society. In the past our leaders could do anything they wanted (read : abuse their power and shut people up via intimidation) and it seems to be hard for some of these old farts to get used to a new world where we have all this information available.

Media has a responsibility to report news like these when it is provided to them. When something like this happens with a politician there are always people complaining how it's just a part of their private life. But it's not, it's a showcase to their personality and tells us how they use their judgment.

Not a good move from the mods IMO.

Tazio
30th March 2008, 20:33
I just wanted to congratulate the mods for pulling the NOTW thread! :up:

IMHO, respect for someones private life should be in the constitution of every civilized country.A total No-Brainer good work guys

Roamy
30th March 2008, 20:37
Well first you need to verify it is in fact mosely - one this is done its fair game. He certified Stewart in public as a half wit so tit for tat whatever tat is.
most assume mosely is a sicko. Christ, Kimi had a table dance and it made the press for months.