PDA

View Full Version : After todays N.O.T.W. headlines..Goodbye to Max?

Pages : [1] 2

Zico
30th March 2008, 17:21
After the rather shocking headlines in the news of the world today.. (also available online) ;) I'll refrain from posting the link due to its nature..

What does this mean for Max ? .. and F1?

Malbec
30th March 2008, 17:31
Thats what happens when you take on Rupert Murdoch.

Max is finding out the hard way how little influence he has in the real world and how he shouldn't really make enemies of people a lot more powerful than he is.

Does he value his marriage more than the pain of being criticised (mildly) by Brundle?

Simmi
30th March 2008, 17:35
In actual fact it seems like Max enjoys a bit of pain!

Zico
30th March 2008, 17:38

Max is finding out the hard way how little influence he has in the real world and how he shouldn't really make enemies of people a lot more powerful than he is.

Does he value his marriage more than the pain of being criticised (mildly) by Brundle?

You obviously have an idea what this is all about then.. Your saying he made himself an enemy of Murdoch by rising to criticism from Brundle?

Go on, spill the beans....

Nikki Katz
30th March 2008, 17:41
Haha! I wonder if there's any truth in that story. News Of The World isn't exactly the most reliable (or scrupulous) tabloid.

BDunnell
30th March 2008, 17:42

As deeply unpleasant as the story is — not being a morally censorious person, I generally have no problem with what people get up to in their sex lives, but the alleged 'Nazi' element to this does make it somewhat unpalatable — I do worry about the influence of the Murdoch press and the way his newspapers pursue people. Leaving aside proper investigative reporting, which should always be encouraged, much tabloid muck-raking isn't healthy, especially when one considers the less-than-squeaky-clean lifestyles of many of the journalists who write the stories about the private proclivities of others.

BDunnell
30th March 2008, 17:43
You obviously have an idea what this is all about then.. Your saying he made himself an enemy of Murdoch by rising to criticism from Brundle?

This sort of thing is hardly unusual. Prominent person enters into a battle of some sort with a newspaper — prominent person finds themselves a target of that newspaper and its publisher.

Magnus
30th March 2008, 17:44
Well, there is some gossip... :s
On the other hand it doesn´t seem that he actually have done something wrong or illegal. He has had his sexual life brought forward by a "quality newspaper". I think anyone of us would be ashamed if that was to happen to us...
Since we live in a world of political correctnes and importance to have a clean facade i guess Mosley is finished. I certainly do not know if he deserves it. maybe. Maybe not. I doubt though that NOTW have helpt building a better world with this "news"...

Zico
30th March 2008, 17:48
As deeply unpleasant as the story is — not being a morally censorious person, I generally have no problem with what people get up to in their sex lives, but the alleged 'Nazi' element to this does make it somewhat unpalatable — I do worry about the influence of the Murdoch press and the way his newspapers pursue people. Leaving aside proper investigative reporting, which should always be encouraged, much tabloid muck-raking isn't healthy, especially when one considers the less-than-squeaky-clean lifestyles of many of the journalists who write the stories about the private proclivities of others.

Indeed..

Im just wondering how Bernie will choose to deal with this..

BDunnell
30th March 2008, 17:48
Since we live in a world of political correctnes and importance to have a clean facade i guess Mosley is finished.

It is funny that you mention 'political correctness'. The News of the World and its sister paper The Sun employ various columnists, such as Jeremy Clarkson for one, who moan on and on about 'political correctness' invading our lives, yet they regularly climb on their moral high horses about what prominent people get up to in their sex lives. It's just one indication of the hypocrisy of the tabloid press.

BeansBeansBeans
30th March 2008, 17:50
As deeply unpleasant as the story is — not being a morally censorious person, I generally have no problem with what people get up to in their sex lives, but the alleged 'Nazi' element to this does make it somewhat unpalatable

I've read the article, and talk of a nazi element is a bit misleading. They've obviously compared the dominant behaviour of the prostitutes to that of Nazi guards, because of Mosley's family history.

BeansBeansBeans
30th March 2008, 17:51
Im just wondering how Bernie will choose to deal with this..

How do you mean? What power does Bernie Ecclestone have over Max Mosely in this context?

BDunnell
30th March 2008, 17:52
I've read the article, and talk of a nazi element is a bit misleading. They've obviously compared the dominant behaviour of the prostitutes to that of Nazi guards, because of Mosley's family history.

Indeed, but there are some rather unpleasant 'overtones', if that part of the story is to be believed.

I find the whole thing far more amusing than it is shocking.

Juppe
30th March 2008, 17:57
I guess I feel sorry for max - if this turns out to be true, I think it will most likely to be the end of his career.

I am not truly sorry to see him go for various of reasons, but they all have to with F1 and not with his personal life.

It is unfortunate that this video has leaked out and it somewhat puzzles me, if Max has allowed this kind of video shooting. Then again, he may not have known about the taping?

As it comes to his sexual preferences - I don't care. It seems he has done nothing illegal and the consequences should be between him and his wife, who may not be a happy camper after this.

But you have to hand it to Max - he seems a very virile man for his age! :D

BDunnell
30th March 2008, 17:59
It is unfortunate that this video has leaked out and it somewhat puzzles me, if Max has allowed this kind of video shooting. Then again, he may not have known about the taping?

Maybe it was being filmed by ITV for one of their pre-race 'behind the scenes' segments?

BeansBeansBeans
30th March 2008, 18:01
Maybe it was being filmed by ITV for one of their pre-race 'behind the scenes' segments?

Classic :up:

Malbec
30th March 2008, 18:03

You know what happened, he sued the Sunday Times for slander over Brundle's articles.

The Sunday Times reacted by letting Brundle carry on as before and published a few extra articles written by other journos too with headlines like "Time for Max to resign" which showed that Murdoch wasn't going to back down.

If you look at the NOTW article which is clearly a sting the timing suggests it was done in reaction to the slander action. Several months of following Max around over the winter to find out anything that could be used against him and setting up a sting to get a good set of photos of him 'in action'.

To those suggesting that the NOTW isn't a reliable source, usually I'd agree. However given the nature of the material the NOTW would not be publishing it unless they were 100% certain they would be clear in a court of law. The damages from losing such a case would be unbelievably high given the personal attack on Mosley's public persona.

The Bild has also taken up the story now. Whilst they're also gutter press they clearly see that the story is solid enough to run with to risk being sued for.

BDunnell
30th March 2008, 18:08
To those suggesting that the NOTW isn't a reliable source, usually I'd agree. However given the nature of the material the NOTW would not be publishing it unless they were 100% certain they would be clear in a court of law. The damages from losing such a case would be unbelievably high given the personal attack on Mosley's public persona.

The Bild has also taken up the story now. Whilst they're also gutter press they clearly see that the story is solid enough to run with to risk being sued for.

I think the truth of these things is that newspapers tend to print enough which is true to make legal action unlikely, rather than every aspect of the story actually being 100 per cent accurate.

ICKE
30th March 2008, 18:10
I cant believe anyone is defending Mosley for his actions which are a disgrace. Buying a hooker is nothing but taking an advantage of a person who is in a lower position than you, I have no respect for such individuals.

Mosley is in a position where he has certain responsibility. Off with him I say.

NOTW was the same newspaper that released the C.Ronaldo "mansion incident" some time ago. I doubt they made this up, probably they have been following Mosley for quite some time and kept this as a bargaining chip. Max is learning about realities of life and how little power he really has in the great scheme of things.

BeansBeansBeans
30th March 2008, 18:11
I cant believe anyone is defending Mosley for his actions which are a disgrace. Buying a hooker is nothing but taking an advantage of a person who is in a lower position than you, I have no respect for such individuals.

To be fair, the hookers looked to have the upper hand.

BDunnell
30th March 2008, 18:13
To be fair, the hookers looked to have the upper hand.

Yes, and they were obviously angry with him about the use of turbos in the FIA's new regulations for the Super 2000 world rally cars.

Malbec
30th March 2008, 18:14
I think the truth of these things is that newspapers tend to print enough which is true to make legal action unlikely, rather than every aspect of the story actually being 100 per cent accurate.

Thats true, but I clearly don't have quite the same level of interest in the small details of what happened as you do ;)

ICKE
30th March 2008, 18:17
To be fair, the hookers looked to have the upper hand.I laughed. :p

But to be honest, I doubt any of the girls really enjoy getting it on with a 67 year old man. Besides, individual prostitutes are not the problem but all the other things that go on in the "business".

Mosley was a respected individual who was supposed to set some standards to his followers and had responsibilites as a public figure. Oh well, he doesn't have to worry about that for too long.

Malbec
30th March 2008, 18:22
I laughed. :p

But to be honest, I doubt any of the girls really enjoy getting it on with a 67 year old man. Besides, individual prostitutes are not the problem but all the other things that go on in the "business".

Mosley was a respected individual who was supposed to set some standards to his followers and had responsibilites as a public figure. Oh well, he doesn't have to worry about that for too long.

To be fair none of whats in the NOTW article affects his ability to perform as FIA president, although if I was Spanish I might be more than a bit miffed about being lectured on stamping racism out by someone who supposedly enjoys acting out Nazi concentration camp scenes.

Zico
30th March 2008, 18:30
How do you mean? What power does Bernie Ecclestone have over Max Mosely in this context?

Excuse my ignorance.. but doesnt Bernie have a major say in whether Max stays or goes?

You know what happened, he sued the Sunday Times for slander over Brundle's articles.

The Sunday Times reacted by letting Brundle carry on as before and published a few extra articles written by other journos too with headlines like "Time for Max to resign" which showed that Murdoch wasn't going to back down.

If you look at the NOTW article which is clearly a sting the timing suggests it was done in reaction to the slander action. Several months of following Max around over the winter to find out anything that could be used against him and setting up a sting to get a good set of photos of him 'in action'.

Ah, I see, Thanx, I remember it vaguely, hadnt really followed the story.
He was quite probably partially set-up with regards to the Nazi connection too.
Im not particularly a fan of Max, always thought he was a bit wired, this story might add a bit of credance to that opinion but I must admit to feeling sympathy for him. Sordid or not, I think that this type of journalism is far worse than whatever a persons sexual needs might be. Unfortunately muck sticks..

ICKE
30th March 2008, 18:30
To be fair none of whats in the NOTW article affects his ability to perform as FIA president,Some people might question his ability to exercise discretion and judgment in his "day to day affairs".

Media has the responsibility to report this sort of material when someone provides it. Transparency is important when we talk about individuals who are in important positions like Mosley.

ICKE
30th March 2008, 18:36
Anyway, Jean Todt is a perfect candidate for the job. :)

BDunnell
30th March 2008, 18:37
Some people might question his ability to exercise discretion and judgment in his "day to day affairs".

I don't think he exercises suitable discretion and judgment anyway, without this.

This really isn't the problem in these instances, either. Much worse is the question of whether the person involved remains credible. Does the FIA want someone at its helm who has become an object of ridicule in this way?

Magnus
30th March 2008, 18:41
You are right Icke. If the girls felt that Mosley exploited them, and not the other way around, then Mosley should definately have his punishment. Which, BTW, he maybe will like ;)
But we do not know the girls, we can only guess. And since he probably will get **** for this anyway, we might just aswell play it soft; as it appears, as I mentioned, he doesn´t seem to have done anything illegal.
People have dark sides. Everyone. it is just that we normally do not se them, and manage to keep our own nasty details for ourselves. it is surprising though that Mosley took this risk. It is maybe a part of the thrill.

BDunnell
30th March 2008, 18:42
People have dark sides. Everyone. it is just that we normally do not se them, and manage to keep our own nasty details for ourselves. it is surprising though that Mosley took this risk. It is maybe a part of the thrill.

:up:

Very wise words.

gloomyDAY
30th March 2008, 18:48
If this incident gets Max abdicated from his throne, then so be it!

FIA needs a better leader at the helm.

trumperZ06
30th March 2008, 18:59
:p : Hhmmm.... Wonder if it's fair to say...

Behavior like this brings the Sport into...

DISREPUT !!!

;) A fine of $ 100 milliion or so... seems about right.

:rolleyes: In other words,

Good Ole Mad Max was caught being...

A CERTIFIED HALF-WIT !!!

:s mokin: Trumper

Yesman
30th March 2008, 19:06
At least it sounds like everyone enjoyed themselves.

By the look of it, looks like max is gonna be getting the same treatment today from his missus! :s mash:

pino
30th March 2008, 22:04
Thread reopened but please no video-link and let's discuss the future of FIA presidency only...thank you :)

ICKE
30th March 2008, 22:14
Assuming Mosley gets the boot, it would be very nice to see Jean Todt in charge. He is not a politician but a pure sportsman who commands respect and knows what's best for F1 instead of just the businessmen.

markabilly
30th March 2008, 22:17
So what?
First this is a trash rag and much like national enquirer, trash is trash
Second, not anyone's business
what one does in private should stay there

Zico
30th March 2008, 22:20
Anyway, Jean Todt is a perfect candidate for the job. :)

Yeah, I cant think of anyone more suitable.. :)

ICKE
30th March 2008, 22:27
what one does in private should stay thereThe fabric of society is very complicated. For some reason the public expects that certain people, like Queen Elizabeth, acts differently in her personal life when compared to your average hobo. It's all very superficial of course. ;)

Zico
30th March 2008, 22:27
So what?
First this is a trash rag and much like national enquirer, trash is trash
Second, not anyone's business
what one does in private should stay there

I agree to an extent.. but lets not bury our heads in the sand, its not private any longer thanks to this gutterpress trashrag.
Broadly speaking.. what Max did is irrelevant but the fact that this has come out, has damaged his credability which affects the FIA, F1 etc and so makes it a valid topic for discussion.

Tazio
30th March 2008, 22:30
Just like everyone else in a free society Max has the right to flip his pancake in any fashion he sees fit.
As long as he doesn't infringe on someone elses right to flip theirs
Puritanism can be, and in the past has been, a very ugly entity!

markabilly
30th March 2008, 22:31

If it is going to be based on absence of any alleged sex antics with girls, then we better do some intense scrutinizing here, big time spying and so forth. Call those rag mag now to verify Todt's references.

After all who knows what goes on with Todt in his private life?? At one point i saw where he had some young love interest or whatever, only because it was stuffed into my face while reading some article.

Then there was a story about some less than brainy chick from Italy that discovered Kimi was married becuase she saw him on TV or whatever.

And if we started some serious scrapping away of privacy and free use of the spy video, well, we would probably see all sorts of stuff with some folks, including a number of the drivers and Flavio and such.

What is private should remain private--big deal. The worst thing is that I find myself appearing to defend MaX of all peiople, but I ain't.

if maX goes it should be because of his job performance, not because some alleged video.

pino
30th March 2008, 22:48
if maX goes it should be because of his job performance, not because some alleged video.

ICKE
30th March 2008, 22:52
It's part of his job to exercise caution in his day to day affairs. He is not working for McDonalds and flipping burgers for a living. He's a public figure and representing FIA - an internationally respected organization. You might not feel it's important to keep a certain image in those circles but unfortunately it is and as a result Mosley will most likely walk.

Just like any politician who is involved with prostitutes and gets caught.

BDunnell
30th March 2008, 23:00
Now that this thread is back online, I will go :up: to the mods! Good decision.

Zico
30th March 2008, 23:01

I actually agree with pretty much everything you say, I didnt post this to judge what Mosely is alleged to have done.. unfortunately we live in a politicaly correct society which judges what is acceptable behaviour of people placed in positions of high responsibility. If Max is found wanting in this regard and ends up being judged to have brought the sport into disrepute theres only gonna be one consequence, Max will most likely have to go..

I think thats all we can say about the situation.. To delete the thread would be like denying that theres trouble brewing at the top and therefore inapropriate imo, but to lock the thread and leave it for people to see and be aware of the possible implications... Im cool with that.

ioan
30th March 2008, 23:02
Now that the thread has been reopened, I'll post what I first thought about this so called "news".

It's disgusting! It's disgusting that some people make money selling other peoples private lives, destroying maybe these people's lives.
Mass media is generally disgusting in our days. Their incapability to produce anything noteworthy has brought this kind of $h!t in our lives.

The fact that this kind of trash sells very well, in fact it sells best of all the news, it's an indicator of the global level of non-culture of the human society.
And with the money of all those who pay for this, some people get richer, more powerful and will continue to do so because they hold the key to information, to real information. These people are the more powerful ones in the world, they control what the "average Joe" reads and how he reacts to it, they only give us the news they want us to have in order to help them more.

I'm simply disgusted!

If Max is to go than he should go because he made bad decisions to help fill Bernie's pockets, but not because of his personal life. And those who would dare to condemn him for his personal life should think about how many times they thought they would do another women than their beloved one. ;)

PS: For those who are interested try to see this movie: "Free Rainer" (English title : "Reclaim your brain", it might not be the best ever but it might help some understand how some stuff work! :)

BDunnell
30th March 2008, 23:02
Just like any politician who is involved with prostitutes and gets caught.

I only tend to care in those circumstances if the politician has been a hypocrite — i.e. if they have tried to make something out of their being happily married, or if they have gone on about family values for years. Other than that, it either amuses or doesn't bother me, or both.

BDunnell
30th March 2008, 23:07
Now that the thread has been reopened, I'll post what I first thought about this so called "news".

It's disgusting! It's disgusting that some people make money selling other peoples private lives, destroying maybe these people's lives.
Mass media is generally disgusting in our days. Their incapability to produce anything noteworthy has brought this kind of $h!t in our lives.

The fact that this kind of trash sells very well, in fact it sells best of all the news, it's an indicator of the global level of non-culture of the human society.
And with the money of all those who pay for this, some people get richer, more powerful and will continue to do so because they hold the key to information, to real information. These people are the more powerful ones in the world, they control what the "average Joe" reads and how he reacts to it, they only give us the news they want us to have in order to help them more.

I'm simply disgusted!

I agree in part with what you say, especially in relation to the way in which people actually buy papers to read this stuff, but I wonder where you would draw the line. Surely you can see that there are some circumstances in which an aspect of a person's private life is worth bringing up in public — imagine a politician, for instance, who has spoken out against homosexuality being found to have had homosexual affairs. I think that sort of hypocrisy deserves to be exposed.

Of course, I don't think there is much, or indeed any, public interest associated with Mosley's exposure in the papers today, although his adoption of a high moral tone in relation to certain recent matters is now even harder to take as a result. But I still think there is an important debating point here.

ICKE
30th March 2008, 23:08
A person who cheats his wife with another woman, I could care less. If this is what Mosley had done, I would have no problem with it.

However a person who uses prostitutes, it's low and he is part of the problem.

ioanFreedom of speech and free press, those are great things to have. Total transparency in a society is essential to a working democracy. Censorship hardly leads to anything positive.

A person is entitled to more privacy if he/she is not a public figure. Politicians and other such individuals have made their choice and they have to live with it. These things come with the bigger paycheck.

BDunnell
30th March 2008, 23:12
A person who cheats his wife with another woman, I could care less. If this is what Mosley had done, I would have no problem with it.

However a person who uses prostitutes is basically scum in my eyes. He is part of the problem.

Hounding Max Mosley or any other public figure who uses prostitutes out of their job is hardly going to make anyone think twice about using a prostitute, or help cure the problem.

Tazio
30th March 2008, 23:12

However a person who uses prostitutes is basically scum in my eyes. He is part of the problem.You my friend are very naive!

Jag_Warrior
30th March 2008, 23:15
As deeply unpleasant as the story is — not being a morally censorious person, I generally have no problem with what people get up to in their sex lives, but the alleged 'Nazi' element to this does make it somewhat unpalatable...<snip>

I agree. So Max appears to be something of a sex freak. That's between him, his wife and the farmer whose sheep he visits. But if the head of the world body of motorsport is a closet Nazi, that is an issue, IMO.

jso1985
30th March 2008, 23:17

I'd rather choose someone without any connection to any current team

However a person who uses prostitutes is basically scum in my eyes. He is part of the problem.

That's your view and I respect it, but Mosley hasn't done anything illegal.

As same with politicians or other public figures I feel sad when their private lifes go public just so a newspaper can sell a bit more :down:

ioan
30th March 2008, 23:17

Come back and state this when you'll be very old ans still clean.

I for one IF I say that I will never cheat on my beloved ( not with prostitutes (and I have nothing against them, I just don't like to pay for what comes for free ;) ) but with another women that I might find very attractive ) than I would be a hypocrite. I'm just a man, not a robot.

ICKE
30th March 2008, 23:20
Well I have seen enough what goes on in those circles and anyone who thinks there's nothing wrong with prostitution needs a reality check.

BDunnell
30th March 2008, 23:22
Well I have seen enough what goes on in those circles and anyone who thinks there's nothing wrong with prostitution needs a reality check.

Is anyone here actually saying prostitution is a good thing? Not that I can see. We are all aware of what goes on in the 'background' of the sex industry.

ioan
30th March 2008, 23:25

Let's just say that there are many different views on the matter, and as long as Max didn't infringe any laws, he is clean from my POV and this shouldn't be in the news.

ICKE
30th March 2008, 23:25
Anyway, I've said what I think about this whole incident.

Hopefully Jean Todt receives the call! :)

ioan
30th March 2008, 23:30
Hopefully Jean Todt receives the call! :)

I'm afraid that if that happens it would spawn a thread that will be way less civilized than this one! ;)

BDunnell
30th March 2008, 23:33
I'm afraid that if that happens it would spawn a thread that will be way less civilized than this one! ;)

Not as uncivilised as the one that will result when, as I am exclusively predicting right now, Nigel Stepney and Mike Coughlan are given the position on a job-share basis.

Remember, you read it here first!

ioan
30th March 2008, 23:34
Not as uncivilised as the one that will result when, as I am exclusively predicting right now, Nigel Stepney and Mike Coughlan are given the position on a job-share basis.

Remember, you read it here first!

:rotflmao: :up:

Jag_Warrior
30th March 2008, 23:41

That's interesting. I've always believed that I could better measure someone's character based on whether or not they cheated on the person with whom they'd taken a vow to be faithful. The way I've always seen it, if you'll cheat on your husband or wife, you won't blink twice before cheating me.

I'm not in support of hookers or a gigolos, but as a libertarian, all I see there is an offer and acceptance.

But with that said, I wouldn't want anyone with a sordid past representing my company - especially someone with Nazi leanings. People with baggage are generally bad for business. And that's what this is all about, when you get right down to it.

If this story pans out, say goodnight, Mad Max.

Daika
30th March 2008, 23:43
How long was this known? Never heard of this before and i have all the news websites (cnn, reuters, nytimes, guardian,bbc) not to mention F1 sites on my favorite list. I think he will be fine if this isn't going mainstream. After all it is his personal life, his reputation is wrecked and that could be his downfall.

jjanicke
30th March 2008, 23:53
I could care less about someones sexual discretions. However incorporating Nazi nostalgia is sickening. I've never liked Mosely's management of the FIA, matters of F1 in particular, and have been advocating his departure for years. He really needs to go now.

Rover V8
31st March 2008, 00:01
If it is going to be based on absence of any alleged sex antics with girls, then we better do some intense scrutinizing here, big time spying and so forth. Call those rag mag now to verify Todt's references.

After all who knows what goes on with Todt in his private life?? At one point i saw where he had some young love interest or whatever, only because it was stuffed into my face while reading some article.

Then there was a story about some less than brainy chick from Italy that discovered Kimi was married becuase she saw him on TV or whatever.

And if we started some serious scrapping away of privacy and free use of the spy video, well, we would probably see all sorts of stuff with some folks, including a number of the drivers and Flavio and such.

What is private should remain private--big deal. The worst thing is that I find myself appearing to defend MaX of all peiople, but I ain't.

Doesn't it affect his ability to do his job? I'd expect any company who discovered one of their senior executives involved in something like this might see it differently....Just imagine you wanted to influence an FIA decision in your favour, and someone's tipped you off that that Max was into whipping hookers- bribery or blackmail, I hear they can both be pretty effective in the right circumstances....

Daika
31st March 2008, 00:06
Doesn't it affect his ability to do his job? I'd expect any company who discovered one of their senior executives involved in something like this might see it differently....

How would they found out? (hidden cameras?detective Columbo?) that is the question.

AndyRAC
31st March 2008, 00:15
If it's a job share - how about Jean Todt and Cesare Fiorio,.....

....Remember San Remo 1986???

Rover V8
31st March 2008, 00:17
How long was this known? Never heard of this before and i have all the news websites (cnn, reuters, nytimes, guardian,bbc) not to mention F1 sites on my favorite list. I think he will be fine if this isn't going mainstream. After all it is his personal life, his reputation is wrecked and that could be his downfall.

Even if the more 'reputable' news sources won't touch it at this stage, it's the front page headline on a Sunday newspaper that sells about 3 million copies, so it's pretty mainstream- if there's any real substance behind the story, it'll certainly be hard to sweep it under the carpet....

Malbec
31st March 2008, 00:18

On one level I agree with you, what is private should remain private. However it is also clear that those who chose to put themselves in the public eye should be prepared to be put under intense scrutiny as McCain, Clinton and Obama are finding out right now.

There is another thing to this. Max Mosley really ought to have had the intelligence to realise that if you take on people more powerful than yourself like News Corp then you ought to be able to take the consequences.

Therefore I have no sympathy with him in this case at all. He is simply having done to him what he himself did to many other parties in F1 in the past, public humiliation. I hope he has the good humour to accept it in the spirit in which it was intended. If not and he intends to sue then he can accept the further humiliation of having his sexual peccadilloes being plastered all over the British mainstream press for weeks at a time. Judging from the article, he might find that experience a bit of a turn on.

Daika
31st March 2008, 00:20
Even if the more 'reputable' news sources won't touch it at this stage, it's the front page headline on a Sunday newspaper that sells about 3 million copies, so it's pretty mainstream- if there's any real substance behind the story, it'll certainly be hard to sweep it under the carpet....

Prince Harry did it...

Rover V8
31st March 2008, 00:23
How would they found out? (hidden cameras?detective Columbo?) that is the question.

All it would need is for someone involved to see the chance of making some money out of it by either trying to blackmail Max or sell their story to a tabloid- after all ,the News of the World seem to have found out....

Don't forget- if he's paying for the services of prostitutes, then he's moving in a world in which not everyone is going to be as scrupulous or honest as you or I....

markabilly
31st March 2008, 00:24
Doesn't it affect his ability to do his job? I'd expect any company who discovered one of their senior executives involved in something like this might see it differently....Just imagine you wanted to influence an FIA decision in your favour, and someone's tipped you off that that Max was into whipping hookers- bribery or blackmail, I hear they can both be pretty effective in the right circumstances....

No, I see not how this affects his/her ability to do his or her job.

The publicity and backlash in public might cause him to lose it, but get real.

I suppose the same thing can be said about having a black ancestor if you are white, being gay, being single, not waiting and having sex without being married, getting (gasp gasp, OH MY GOD---)a divorce!!!

And guess what? There was a time when all of that did affect one severely.

Get real--the difference between everyone of us, is that some of us got caught, someone like Max got videoed all over the world (appearently--because videos and photos can easily be faked) and all of us have had our own share of strange thoughts. And for those who deny such thoughts, please post this information here, so we can identify the liars.

The new criteria for the job:
Male or female
Married heterosexual only
Never had sex with anyone ever, outside of marriage
Never took any illegal drugs
Never lied about nothing
Never has illicit thoughts ever (cause as it says in the Good Book, anyone who sins with his eyes, might as well be sinning in the flesh, and be cast into the pit, but there is another part that says let he who is without sin, be the first to cast stones)

Besides I said it months ago when Max decided to sue Murdoch, that IF stuff of any unfortunate nature exists, if it is there, they will dig it up and throw it to the world. No doubt, Murdoch has got his own set of fetishes, as do we all.

For me there is only one question: Does his job performance cause him to lose his job.

The other stuff is immaterial and a blatant violation of right to privacy that is simply being pirated around the world.

Rover V8
31st March 2008, 00:33
Prince Harry did it...

Which story about Harry are you thinking of? If it's the stories about his behaviour while drinking and allegedly dabbling in drugs, I don't recall them being kept out of the papers- they may well have been played down for all I know, but there was certainly no shortage of reporting at the time.

Even his tour of duty in Afghanistan was leaked- with the full force of the government having cut a deal to make it worthwhile for the UK press to keep it quiet, someone got wind of it...

Tazio
31st March 2008, 00:35
Ladies, and Gentleman, what I am observing, all things considered, is something I have believed for a very long time. It is the only conclusion I can draw from the facts, as we know them. It reinforces my belief that life truly is stranger than fiction!
My Son shortly before his injury!
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Daika
31st March 2008, 00:37
Which story about Harry are you thinking of? If it's the stories about his behaviour while drinking and allegedly dabbling in drugs, I don't recall them being kept out of the papers- they may well have been played down for all I know, but there was certainly no shortage of reporting at the time.

Even his tour of duty in Afghanistan was leaked- with the full force of the government having cut a deal to make it worthwhile for the UK press to keep it quiet, someone got wind of it...

The story about Harry with a NAZI costume. And there are pictures to proof it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4170083.stm

ioan
31st March 2008, 00:40
This move might turn against News Corp in the France based lawsuit, as what they did (pics and vids made available) is a violation of someones private life in a very direct manner.

markabilly
31st March 2008, 00:44
And what proof is there that this not just some set-up, fake nonsense?

If true?

Then this is a real case of truth stranger fiction and if I were to slip back into ole markabilly mode, I would have to say once again, that F1 and its circus proceeds to out-do me in the weird stuff far more so than anything that i can create in my paranoid nut case conspiracy world that others around here attribute to me......

Anyway, when autosport decides to report it, well then whatever. Still, it does not change my opinion one bit.

Rover V8
31st March 2008, 00:48
No, I see not how this affects his/her ability to do his or her job.

The publicity and backlash in public might cause him to lose it, but get real.

I suppose the same thing can be said about having a black ancestor if you are white, being gay, being single, not waiting and having sex without being married, getting (gasp gasp, OH MY GOD---)a divorce!!!

And guess what? There was a time when all of that did affect one severely.

Get real--the difference between everyone of us, is that some of us got caught, someone like Max got videoed all over the world (appearently--because videos and photos can easily be faked) and all of us have had our own share of strange thoughts. And for those who deny such thoughts, please post this information here, so we can identify the liars.

The new criteria for the job:
Male or female
Married heterosexual only
Never had sex with anyone ever, outside of marriage
Never took any illegal drugs
Never lied about nothing
Never has illicit thoughts ever (cause as it says in the Good Book, anyone who sins with his eyes, might as well be sinning in the flesh, and be cast into the pit, but there is another part that says let he who is without sin, be the first to cast stones)

Besides I said it months ago when Max decided to sue Murdoch, that IF stuff of any unfortunate nature exists, if it is there, they will dig it up and throw it to the world. No doubt, Murdoch has got his own set of fetishes, as do we all.

For me there is only one question: Does his job performance cause him to lose his job.

The other stuff is immaterial and a blatant violation of right to privacy that is simply being pirated around the world.

Ironically, I agree with you 100% that it's an invasion of his privacy, so long as he's not doing anything illegal (put it this way, if he was to be exposed as a paedophile, then I'd throw him to the wolves as fast as anyone). Trouble is, I don't think the corporate world sees it that way, and I can't imagine the FIA thinking much differently. I know if I was caught doing what Max was doing, I'd catch hell from my employer....

ioan
31st March 2008, 00:50
Time to go to bed!

ioan
31st March 2008, 00:51
In case any tabloid journo is reading, I will only sleep!
Good night!

Rover V8
31st March 2008, 00:52
The story about Harry with a NAZI costume. And there are pictures to proof it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4170083.stm

True- I think there is a fundamental difference though- the Royal family can't sack Harry for bringing them into disrepute (Hell, if they could do that, there wouldn't be many of them left...)

ioan
31st March 2008, 00:56
True- I think there is a fundamental difference though- the Royal family can't sack Harry for bringing them into disrepute (Hell, if they could do that, there wouldn't be many of them left...)

I couldn't sleep so I checked back.
The fundamental difference was that the prince was not doing it in private, but in public. IMHO.

If Max would have been surprised doing what he did in public than I might understand this being in the news, however it wasn't the case.

Of to bed now.

Rover V8
31st March 2008, 01:00
And what proof is there that this not just some set-up, fake nonsense?

If true?

Then this is a real case of truth stranger fiction and if I were to slip back into ole markabilly mode, I would have to say once again, that F1 and its circus proceeds to out-do me in the weird stuff far more so than anything that i can create in my paranoid nut case conspiracy world that others around here attribute to me......

Anyway, when autosport decides to report it, well then whatever. Still, it does not change my opinion one bit.

Right now, nothing concrete, just a news story in a fairly disreputable but big-selling newspaper and some poor-quality video footage. Unless their legal department are feeling underworked because they've not been sued in a while, I doubt the NOTW wouldn't have made this up without thinking they'd got some kind of proof- the question is, how accurate is their source- it wouldn't be the first time a British tabloid has been taken by some con artist over something like this....

If it turns out to have been faked, then Max is OK but embarrassed. If it is true, then we'll see- Max could be in trouble....

Rover V8
31st March 2008, 01:09
I couldn't sleep so I checked back.
The fundamental difference was that the prince was not doing it in private, but in public. IMHO.

If Max would have been surprised doing what he did in public than I might understand this being in the news, however it wasn't the case.

Of to bed now.

True- the other difference is that Harry dressing up as a Nazi at a fancy dress party wasn't getting himself involved with anyone doing anything illegal. Max on the other hand- who knows.....?

I despise the way in which the UK press intrude into people's private lives, but if Max has been doing what the NOTW alleges, then he's left himself wide open to them, and frankly that's pretty stupid behaviour...

Valve Bounce
31st March 2008, 01:16
I think that Max calling Stewart a certifiable half wit opened the door. Then, of course, trying to sue a Murdock paper for some innocuous comment made by Martin was escalating his vulnerability.

If anyone takes on the press, then they'd better get their own house in order.

Max holds a very prominent position in motor sport, and as such he has to maintain an image to keep his authority.

Right now, he is an object of ridicule. Look at it this way: if this was a professor lecturing at a prestigious university, he would not be able to lecture because he would be an object of scorn whenever he walked into a lecture room.

Now, when Max has a meeting with the owners of teams or their important sponsors, what respect could he command? The same holds if he tried to make an important rule change in F1.

Basically, the press is very, very powerful. They can make or break rulers of countries by what they report or withhold.

And worse, if Max tried to sue this press, I am sure this press would have other surprises in store.

Moral of story, never mess with the press.

And for those who suggest this could be the end of Max in F1, for whatever arguments one may come up with against his removal, this is something that Max will find very hard to live down. He has been made to look like a congenital idiot.

markabilly
31st March 2008, 01:23
I think that Max calling Stewart a certifiable half wit opened the door. Then, of course, trying to sue a Murdock paper for some innocuous comment made by Martin was escalating his vulnerability.

If anyone takes on the press, then they'd better get their own house in order.

Max holds a very prominent position in motor sport, and as such he has to maintain an image to keep his authority.

Right now, he is an object of ridicule. Look at it this way: if this was a professor lecturing at a prestigious university, he would not be able to lecture because he would be an object of scorn whenever he walked into a lecture room.

Now, when Max has a meeting with the owners of teams or their important sponsors, what respect could he command? The same holds if he tried to make an important rule change in F1.

Basically, the press is very, very powerful. They can make or break rulers of countries by what they report or withhold.

And worse, if Max tried to sue this press, I am sure this press would have other surprises in store.

Moral of story, never mess with the press.

And for those who suggest this could be the end of Max in F1, for whatever arguments one may come up with against his removal, this is something that Max will find very hard to live down. He has been made to look like a congenital idiot.
Unfortunately much truth.......indeed far too much truth

cosmicpanda
31st March 2008, 02:07
Therefore I have no sympathy with him in this case at all. He is simply having done to him what he himself did to many other parties in F1 in the past, public humiliation. I hope he has the good humour to accept it in the spirit in which it was intended.

A joke amongst friends, then?

This move might turn against News Corp in the France based lawsuit, as what they did (pics and vids made available) is a violation of someones private life in a very direct manner.

What are the privacy laws like? Was Max aware that there were cameras around?

Then again, there's the question of it being Max at all, as it seems that the only evidence comes from the newspaper, and it sounds like their owner has motives to discredit him.

TOgoFASTER
31st March 2008, 02:56
Revenge from beyond.

Mikeall
31st March 2008, 03:04
Not too sure whether to believe it it is the News of the World after all...

markabilly
31st March 2008, 03:28
Not too sure whether to believe it it is the News of the World after all...
I guess the bottom and final line will be this:
1) Max will pay dearly for his role in the movie if the evidence supports it was him, regardless of whether warranted or not.

2) If it was not him, then a certain newspaper and its organization will pay dearly for its role in pretending it was him.

3) Finally, even if it was him, there would seem certain privacy rights were probably violated, as clearly the law does NOT permit the display of a video of parties engaged in extremely private moments, that have been secretly videotaped without the knowledge and consent of one participant, even if the others fully consented TO THE VIDEOTAPING , and then have it played and displayed the world over without facing severe penalities, litigation and damages.
Or so one might think....

So methinks that the Murdoch bunch may pay dearly either way, since they apparently have some sort of ownership interests with that particular rag.

Daniel
31st March 2008, 04:01
If this is true and we all hope it is, then max is gone gone gone

Valve Bounce
31st March 2008, 05:13
Well, I only saw the grainy video when I posted my comments above. But by chance I clicked back on the New of the World website and found, to my surorise, that this was a five hour orgy, described in detail as well as providing Max's family's Nazi background, which I was not aware of. Parts of that orgy showed a really sick mind.

This is humiliation and shame of the utmost order. What will he say if he ran into Norberg Haug or Michael Schumacher? :"I vas only kidding, ya?"

gloomyDAY
31st March 2008, 05:22
;( I just saw the video and it reminded me of the old guys at the gym.
Made me want to attack Max with a hot iron!

Yeah, Mosley is out.

Tazio
31st March 2008, 05:55
I am appalled at the puritanical, holier than thou are; excrement I read spewed upon this forum. What a bunch of Soccer Moms! Good grief. I think he should get the death penalty!!

Tazio
31st March 2008, 06:15
''This is a matter between Mr. Mosley and the newspaper,'' the governing body of world auto racing said Sunday.

Formula One chief executive Bernie Ecclestone said the sport shouldn't be affected by the report.

''Assuming it's all true, what people do privately is up to them,'' Ecclestone told the Times of London in a story posted late Sunday on its website. ''Knowing Max it might be all a bit of a joke.''

http://www.tsn.ca/ctvnews/sportsstory.asp?story_id=233196
Off with Bernie's head as well!

Tazio
31st March 2008, 06:25
Mosley, 67, was filmed playing a SS death-camp commmandant barking orders in German and lashing uniformed girls in a five-hour video.

A spokesman said: “As far as the FIA is concerned, this is a matter between Mr Mosley and the newspaper.” He added that Mosley’s lawyers were “in touch” with the paper.

No Let's lynch him now!
Isn't it great to be able to read news like the Mosely acusations!
That way we don't have to give a searching critique of our own lives!
That is if yours isn't only lived vicariously!

Ranger
31st March 2008, 06:31
''Assuming it's all true, what people do privately is up to them,'' Ecclestone told the Times of London in a story posted late Sunday on its website. ''Knowing Max it might be all a bit of a joke.''

Kudos if Max is laughing now though.

Valve Bounce
31st March 2008, 06:34
Kudos if Max is laughing now though.

I think he will be humiliated just turning up at a GP. Just imagine Max walking down pit lane and the masked lollipop man chases him around :D

Tazio
31st March 2008, 06:49
I think he will be humiliated just turning up at a GP. Just imagine Max walking down pit lane and the masked lollipop man chases him around :D

Just imagine him being ok with all this bedroom peeking BS
As strange as it seems to some people
He may be ok with his
particular sexual
Fetishes!

Tazio
31st March 2008, 07:11
If this is true and we all hope it is, then max is gone gone goneYour attitude leaves me quite perplexed!

Tazio
31st March 2008, 07:18
If this is true and we all hope it is, then max is gone gone goneIn fact you strike me as a real humanitarian You could probably help!

vvvvvvv

wmcot
31st March 2008, 07:55

100% correct, but I think Max's job performance (or lack of it) should have had him gone long ago, video or no video!

cosmicpanda
31st March 2008, 08:12
I am appalled at the puritanical, holier than thou are; excrement I read spewed upon this forum. What a bunch of Soccer Moms! Good grief. I think he should get the death penalty!!

:rolleyes:

Who's holier than thou?

ShiftingGears
31st March 2008, 08:32
I hope News Of The World are sued for such a violation of personal privacy.

100% correct, but I think Max's job performance (or lack of it) should have had him gone long ago, video or no video!

I agree.

Tazio
31st March 2008, 09:04

Who's holier than thou?
I was referring to those who want to err on the side of puritanical belief's and have no understanding of the dynamic nature of our culture. I can tell you I read nothing that you wrote that would include you. I'd prefer not to name names!

Valve Bounce
31st March 2008, 09:53
Just imagine him being ok with all this bedroom peeking BS
As strange as it seems to some people
He may be ok with his
particular sexual
Fetishes!

I don't think so. The way I see it, nobody here has really crucified Max; he's just made a fool of himself by:
1. Calling Stewart a certified half wit,
2. Trying to sue Martin's press group (Rupert Murdoch) for an innocuous remark
3. Got himself caught on vid with his bum in the air, and Nazis flogging his arse until he cried for help.

Basically, he has humiliated himself, and no matter which way you look at it, he will be the object of ridicule among his peers. And I think the Murdoch press is just challenging him to take the matter further.

I certainly would not like to be in his position, would you? :p :

WRCfan
31st March 2008, 09:59
Let's hope that old piece of &$@% is gone gone gone, I have had a pure hatred for him for a long long time. Get rid of the wrinkly old fossil.

Rant over.

SteveA
31st March 2008, 10:01

Which position are you referring to? ;)

Tazio
31st March 2008, 10:04
I don't think so. The way I see it, nobody here has really crucified Max; he's just made a fool of himself by:
3. Got himself caught on vid with his bum in the air, and Nazis flogging his arse until he cried for help.

Basically, he has humiliated himself, and no matter which way you look at it, he will be the object of ridicule among his peers. And I think the Murdoch press is just challenging him to take the matter further.

I certainly would not like to be in his position, would you? :p :I wouldn't be presumptuous enough to know exactly what his position is!
I bet he wouldn't want to be in my position. In all likelihood I will be caring for my legacy,
as a quadriplegic for the rest of my life!

Valve Bounce
31st March 2008, 10:12
I wouldn't be presumptuous enough to know exactly what his position is!

Tied down, bare bum in the air, and getting his arse flogged by a female Nazi Kamp Kommandant! and the vid posted on the internet. :D :D

Tazio
31st March 2008, 10:19
Tied down, bare bum in the air, and getting his arse flogged by a female Nazi Kamp Kommandant! and the vid posted on the internet. :D :D I don't think I'd enjoy being flogged.
However I'm not ashamed of my goods!
If I new it was going to be on the internet
I would demand serious remuneration for my performance!

F1boat
31st March 2008, 10:22
In my opinion what a man does in his private life should not be brought to public. I DESPISE newspapers who report such things and really think that such media should be banned and such reports should be punishable by prison and I absolutely don't care about freedom of speech, as the right of privacy to me is far more important.
Of course, what Max did is ridiculous, sick, and disgusting. Of course, my opinion of him is significantly lower now and I think that Jean Todt should replace him as FIA boss with immediate effect.
But I had no right to know such things about his personal life and I really hope that this newspaper pays for this.
I am disgusted.

Magnus
31st March 2008, 10:29
It seems that very few other medias hilights the story though. that is one good thing.

SGWilko
31st March 2008, 11:00

Indeed Markabilly, but, sad though this story is, a by product of this is that there appears to be allegations of roleplay involved that conflict with Max's public views on such matters.

No one knows the validity of this story, but you'd have to say that if it was not true, the paper involved is very foolish to publish.

So, Max's, ahem, integrity, is very much in question here, do we not think?

Glee
31st March 2008, 11:07
Mosley, 67, was filmed playing a SS death-camp commmandant barking orders in German and lashing uniformed girls in a five-hour video.

FIVE hours!

He's got to be patient...

Big Ben
31st March 2008, 11:28
I don't really care what causes but as long as he leaves I'm happy and if this is it then THANK YOU!!!

There's too much sympathy for him on this forum. I'm not here to judge him but I for one would have a kept much lower profile with such strange behavior on my conscience... but he's there judging and executing according to his own will... The crusader against cheating...

on the other hand this might not be true...

Scrap_Iron
31st March 2008, 11:39
No one knows the validity of this story, but you'd have to say that if it was not true, the paper involved is very foolish to publish.

I have no doubt it is true. Equally I have no doubt it was a convoluted sting, yet mildly amuzing as all NOTW stories are.
Max Mosely will brazen it out. I am following this with interest as I am sure the full story has not been told and the tabloids will be falling over themselves to get to the bottom of it (no pun intended).

Robinho
31st March 2008, 12:57
Let's just say that there are many different views on the matter, and as long as Max didn't infringe any laws, he is clean from my POV and this shouldn't be in the news.

well we'll call you when prostitution becomes legal then.

tmx
31st March 2008, 12:59
Sorry to go off topic.

I laughed. :p
But to be honest, I doubt any of the girls really enjoy getting it on with a 67 year old man.
THAT's why they are prostitutes. And no, I don't have any problems with people hiring them.

imagine a politician, for instance, who has spoken out against homosexuality being found to have had homosexual affairs. I think that sort of hypocrisy deserves to be exposed.
please don't use that as an example for other things again, bad example.

markabilly
31st March 2008, 13:12
Indeed Markabilly, but, sad though this story is, a by product of this is that there appears to be allegations of roleplay involved that conflict with Max's public views on such matters.

So, Max's, ahem, integrity, is very much in question here, do we not think?

Okay, as I said before, I believe that this is a clear violation of privacy, and in many states of the USA, it would be illegal both civil and criminal, to be broadcasting this stuff, unless all participants gave their consent.

To be dressing up as a nazi and playing those games, in some respects may not be much different than what those specatators were doing when they "blackened up" in Spain, but again, something private is different than something done publicly

But as they say, the cat is out of the bag and will not quietly go back in.

And having NOT watched the video and indeed, having looked at the website once only breifly at the beginning of my awareness of the allegations, as I think that it would be a violation of privacy (and I guess I am just not enough of whatever...) the behavior described does still make me think that it is very strange, indeed, far stranger than my "paranoid conspiracy nut case" brain could come up with in pure jest, so there would seem to be some personal problems, and in such a case, given the attitude of most people, it is difficult to see how this does not bring the "sport into disrepute"

So does this mean now it is open season for secretly videoing the otherwise private activities of people to find more folks that when the video is shown on the internent, might bring the sport into disrepute?

And is the sin here, getting caught on the video? After all, if there were no tapes and no reproduction and publication, then there would be no outcry or fussing.

As to bernie, his comments make me wonder what games he has been playing when in private and if he is worried about someone has videoed him, but I remind myself, well that is just none of my business.Max and bernie should have been gone a long time ago for reasons having nothing to do with either's sex lives.

tmx
31st March 2008, 13:13
I am disgusted. okay if you don't mind i will get my self with a prostitue tonight.

Seriously this thread is getting ridiculous like some religious condemnation or flaming fest. The mods should had kept it locked.

Robinho
31st March 2008, 13:14
i can understand why people are crying "invasion of Privacy" and are right to point out that this, and far worse, goes on behind closed doors all around the world, but as far as i know using prostitutes is a crime in the UK, people get caught using them all the time, and can be fined, and repeat offenders get criminal records and can easily lose their jobs - why should Mosely be spared this if he has comitted a crime?

i have no particular problem with people offering speciast services for extortiante amounts of cash as long as they can sleep at night, and its not like he was crawling the streets for a cheap thrill with some beaten ilegal immigrant, but as it stands its still illegal and as the head of a powerful and high profile body to me that makes his position untenable.

if he was videoed cheating with wife's best friend, or engaging in some slap and tickle with Bernie in the McLaren motorhome then so be it, but this is a step on from that, and by conducting yourself in a matter that is illegal a lot of your rights of privacy disappear. it may be that the manner in which the "evidence" was obtained means it would be wholly inadmissable in a court, but that doesn't stop the act from being exposed, and if Max cannot or will not prove that it wasn't him or that nothing illegal was going on then he should struggle to hold down his current position IMO.

i'm no fan of the press, the generally sensationalist reporting of the NOTW or the subject, but in this case i have little sympathy. he conducts a lot of his life in public, uses the press to make statments about others and then goes and does something which is a least a bit risque and surprising for a man of his stature, and at worst illegal.

pino
31st March 2008, 13:15
Let me remind to all of you that I've reopened this thread to discuss the future of FIA presidency...not Mosley's private life wich is none of our business. Let's not go there again or this thread will be closed !

Tazio
31st March 2008, 13:18
Okay, as I said before, I believe that this is a clear violation of privacy, and in many states of the USA, it would be illegal both civil and criminal, to be broadcasting this stuff, unless all participants gave their consent.

To be dressing up as a nazi and playing those games, in some respects may not be much different than what those specatators were doing when they "blackened up" in Spain, but again, something private is different than something done publicly

And having NOT watched the video and indeed, having looked at the website once only breifly at the beginning of my awareness of the allegations, as I think that it would be a violation of privacy (and I guess I am just not enough of whatever...) the behavior described does still make me think that it is very strange, indeed, far stranger than my "paranoid conspiracy nut case" brain could come up with in pure jest, so there would seem to be some personal problems, and in such a case, given the attitude of most people, it is difficult to see how this does not bring the "sport into disrepute"

So does this mean now it is open season for secretly videoing the otherwise private activities of people to find more folks that when the video is shown on the internent, might bring the sport into disrepute?

And is the sin here, getting caught on the video? After all, if there were no tapes and no reproduction and publication, then there would be no outcry or fussing.

As to bernie, his comments make me wonder what games he has been playing when in private and if he is worried about someone has videoed him, but I remind myself, well that is just none of my business.Max and bernie should have been gone a long time ago for reasons having nothing to do with either's sex lives.Cracking Post!

Magnus
31st March 2008, 13:24
Let´s listen to Pino!

markabilly
31st March 2008, 13:27
Let me remind to all of you that I've reopened this thread to discuss the future of FIA presidency...not Mosley's private life wich is none of our business. Let's not go there again or this thread will be closed !
An impossible task in many respects, because like or hate the violation of his private life, the future of his presidency has become hopelessly entangled in the details of a trash video displayed by a trash rag.

What is shown as a result of that violation as to his private life will be the outcome determinative factor in whether he goes or stays, regardless of my opinion that the stuff never should have been made public and should have nothing to do with it.

But reality would seem to be different in this world

Tazio
31st March 2008, 13:29

As to bernie, his comments make me wonder what games he has been playing when in private and if he is worried about someone has videoed him, but I remind myself, well that is just none of my business.Max and bernie should have been gone a long time ago for reasons having nothing to do with either's sex lives.Cracking Post!!

Valve Bounce
31st March 2008, 13:51

In that case, I could only argue that, being President of the FIA, then when you get down to the bottom of his behaviour now exposed by a Newspaper, then the FIA is getting a bum deal from Max.

OTA
31st March 2008, 13:52
I think a campaign against nazism should be started in the following Brittish GP. Also a warning that if Brittish are not able crack down in their dubious sex lives no GP will be held there.
At least, in Spain no one will think of Franco when having sex. We are more in the boss employee thing, and that has no racial connotations me thinks.

My 2 serious cents. As long as I didn't pay the hookers and I didn't get the spankings is up to Max.

Cheers
David

Tazio
31st March 2008, 13:55
I think a campaign against nazism should be started in the following Brittish GP. Also a warning that if Brittish are not able crack down in their dubious sex lives no GP will be held there.
At least, in Spain no one will think of Franco when having sex. We are more in the boss employee thing, and that has no racial connotations me thinks.

My 2 serious cents. As long as I didn't pay the hookers and I didn't get the spankings is up to Max.

Cheers
David
Nice!! ;)

Jukka
31st March 2008, 14:37

exactly right. Also Mosley gave some hell to Ron Dennis, wonder who of them two is laughing at the moment? knowing some facts about his life, mom and dad certified nazis, no wonder if max is yelling mein gott, zum teufel and want his butt get whipped for good.
that sick old man should leave FIA immediately since he has really humiliated himself and just a thought of him being in FIA season ending gala, starting his speech and someone from the audience starts to count: eins, zwei, drei, vier, fünf, sechs, sieben, acht, neun, zehn! that would made my day...

Tazio
31st March 2008, 14:46
exactly right. Also Mosley gave some hell to Ron Dennis, wonder who of them two is laughing at the moment? knowing some facts about his life, mom and dad certified nazis, no wonder if max is yelling mein gott, zum teufel and want his butt get whipped for good.
that sick old man should leave FIA immediately since he has really humiliated himself and just a thought of him being in FIA season ending gala, starting his speech and someone from the audience starts to count: eins, zwei, drei, vier, fünf, sechs, sieben, acht, neun, zehn! that would made my day...Ron was fully deserving of the "hell" he was given. In ny opinion he was cut quite a bit of slack!

Jukka
31st March 2008, 14:52
Ron was fully deserving of the "hell" he was given. In ny opinion he was cut quite a bit of slack!

well, I think personally that Ron didn´t steal anything from Ferrari, it was Mike Coughlan. but sure Max would like to continue leading FIA, even Bernie has stated already that Max hasn´t done any harm to F1! :laugh:
ach so, spank mein arsch! says max and starts planning a rule change to F1...

31st March 2008, 14:56
exactly right. Also Mosley gave some hell to Ron Dennis, wonder who of them two is laughing at the moment?

My first reaction was thank god it was the News of the World who got the video and not those scum-bags who'd stop at nothing from Woking.

Let's face it, since Mclaren were happy to lie and cheat, they would be unlikely to draw the line at blackmail.

Which brings me to Mosley's problem....

As the head of the FIA, he should not do anything, either publically or privately, that could lead him to face a blackmail scenario.

Therefore, whilst I'm not surprised by the FIA statement saying that he will not be sacked, he should resign.

Tazio
31st March 2008, 14:57
well, I think personally that Ron didn´t steal anything from Ferrari, it was Mike Coughlan. but sure Max would like to continue leading FIA, even Bernie has stated already that Max hasn´t done any harm to F1! :laugh:
ach so, spank mein arsch! says max and starts planning a rule change to F1...That's a real intelligent rebuttle

cannyboy
31st March 2008, 15:11
Max should do his next role play as Houdini in chains, as he'll need to be a bloody magician to get out of this one.

He's finished. What a clown!

Tazio
31st March 2008, 15:19
Max should do his next role play as Houdini in chains, as he'll need to be a bloody magician to get out of this one.

He's finished. What a clown!
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=34326
Lets let cooler heads prevail
The truth will be known Bye, and bye!

Roamy
31st March 2008, 15:24
ha ha stick a fork in the dumb idiot he is DONE - Jackie must be laughing his ass off or at least half of his ass.

ioan
31st March 2008, 15:28
that sick old man should leave FIA immediately since he has really humiliated himself and just a thought of him being in FIA season ending gala, starting his speech and someone from the audience starts to count: eins, zwei, drei, vier, fünf, sechs, sieben, acht, neun, zehn! that would made my day...

I seriously believe that Ron is educated enough not to watch these trash videos.
I for one didn't even read the whole article and as others I will not lower myself to watching the videos, let alone reproduce anything that might be shown there, not even the counting.

ArrowsFA1
31st March 2008, 15:33
Let's face it, since Mclaren were happy to lie and cheat, they would be unlikely to draw the line at blackmail.

Which brings me to Mosley's problem....

As the head of the FIA, he should not do anything, either publically or privately, that could lead him to face a blackmail scenario.
Oh, a very nice link between events placed between the lines there. Very nice indeed :laugh:

jjanicke
31st March 2008, 15:41
In my opinion what a man does in his private life should not be brought to public. I DESPISE newspapers who report such things and really think that such media should be banned and such reports should be punishable by prison and I absolutely don't care about freedom of speech, as the right of privacy to me is far more important.
Of course, what Max did is ridiculous, sick, and disgusting. Of course, my opinion of him is significantly lower now and I think that Jean Todt should replace him as FIA boss with immediate effect.
But I had no right to know such things about his personal life and I really hope that this newspaper pays for this.
I am disgusted.

Wow... Freedom of speech is what a democracy is based on. Without it, what Max allegedly was re-enacting can occur anytime anywhere.

31st March 2008, 15:54
Oh, a very nice link between events placed between the lines there. Very nice indeed :laugh:

Not a link, just pointing out that a man surrounded by sharks should be careful where he swims.

BDunnell
31st March 2008, 16:27

I seriously believe that Ron is educated enough not to watch these trash videos.
I for one didn't even read the whole article and as others I will not lower myself to watching the videos, let alone reproduce anything that might be shown there, not even the counting.

If I count to 10 in German on another thread, will that mean that I am guilty of reproducing the sordid details? ;)

ioan
31st March 2008, 17:26
If I count to 10 in German on another thread, will that mean that I am guilty of reproducing the sordid details? ;)

:mad: You know what I meant to say! ;)

Zico
31st March 2008, 17:33
From the Daily Mail today..

"He (Max) is understood to be pursuing legal action against the News of The World for breach of privacy."

and rightly so.. but it points towards there being some truth in the story if the above statement is correct..

F1 is a circus not a pantomime. Can you imagine the stick (NPI) he's gonna get from thousands of fans if he ever dares venture into the pitlane? Despite the FIA's current stance on this, I honestly cant see them standing by him.

trumperZ06
31st March 2008, 17:36

;) Hhmmmm... It's fair to say, if the report & video that are being shown, prove to be acurate...

Max Mosely has put Formula One in "DISREPUTE".

Government leaders, Business heads, Church leaders, etc.

have been toppled for actions far less egregious than what Max is accused of doing !!!

I do not see how he will be able to remain in Formula One, if the accrusations are proven to be true !!!

:rolleyes: Oh, and Bernie's public support on Max's actions.... speaks for itself, and needs no futher comment.

:s mokin: Trumper

BDunnell
31st March 2008, 17:50
From the Daily Mail today..

"He (Max) is understood to be pursuing legal action against the News of The World for breach of privacy."

and rightly so.. but it points towards there being some truth in the story if the above statement is correct..

There are times when I would love to see the tabloids being stood up to, but I'd rather it wasn't Max Mosley crusading against their behaviour.

Also, I can't recall any similar 'invasion of privacy' cases involving prominent people who have been exposed in this way reaching court, largely because the original story has to be complete bo11ocks in order for the case to proceed without causing the complainant utter shame and embarrassment. Imagine what would happen if Mosley did sue the NotW and, as would probably happen, it went to court - the bits of the story that were true would have to be raked up and gone into in more detail than would otherwise have been the case. No sane man would want that.

Tazio
31st March 2008, 18:02
There are times when I would love to see the tabloids being stood up to, but I'd rather it wasn't Max Mosley crusading against their behaviour.

Also, I can't recall any similar 'invasion of privacy' cases involving prominent people who have been exposed in this way reaching court, largely because the original story has to be complete bo11ocks in order for the case to proceed without causing the complainant utter shame and embarrassment. Imagine what would happen if Mosley did sue the NotW and, as would probably happen, it went to court - the bits of the story that were true would have to be raked up and gone into in more detail than would otherwise have been the case. No sane man would want that.Marv Albert rebounded after a very ugly court case what he was convicted of was criminal sexual assault, and now has his professional career back

Glee
31st March 2008, 18:06
Just checking to see if this tread has changed name from:
After todays N.O.T.W. headlines..Goodbye to Max? to
After todays N.O.T.W. headlines..Goodbye to Max!

ioan
31st March 2008, 18:12

I find it incredibly stupid that one has to go to court in these cases instead of having the legal system take care of those who trespass the limits.
There should be a law that makes it clear what is deemed to be of public interest and what is private life and must not be published.
I honestly didn't care if Sarko was or wasn't doing Bruni, I'm not interested about what Max is doing when he plays with prostitutes and so on.
I do care however to know when politicians, CEO's and even owners of big news corporations are trying to cheat with tax payments!

Why isn't there a law to clear this up once and for all?! We would have less garbage to read and maybe even the toilet paper would be cheaper.

Zico
31st March 2008, 18:13

Also, I can't recall any similar 'invasion of privacy' cases involving prominent people who have been exposed in this way reaching court, largely because the original story has to be complete bo11ocks in order for the case to proceed without causing the complainant utter shame and embarrassment. Imagine what would happen if Mosley did sue the NotW and, as would probably happen, it went to court - the bits of the story that were true would have to be raked up and gone into in more detail than would otherwise have been the case. No sane man would want that.

True..

The only other prominent ? person to stand up against them and win (initially at least) is Tommy Sheridan (MSP). He succesfully sued them probably due to limited evidence, but he and his wife have both been charged with perjury since. See Wiki ..

I think Max's case is a tad weaker all the same. ;)

jjanicke
31st March 2008, 18:27
I find it incredibly stupid that one has to go to court in these cases instead of having the legal system take care of those who trespass the limits.
There should be a law that makes it clear what is deemed to be of public interest and what is private life and must not be published.
I honestly didn't care if Sarko was or wasn't doing Bruni, I'm not interested about what Max is doing when he plays with prostitutes and so on.
I do care however to know when politicians, CEO's and even owners of big news corporations are trying to cheat with tax payments!

Why isn't there a law to clear this up once and for all?! We would have less garbage to read and maybe even the toilet paper would be cheaper.

If life were only that black and white!

A prominent NY governor (Spitzer) just resigned over allegations of illegal behavior, in particular use of prostitution. Why should Max be exempt? He engaged in not only illegal but also immoral activities (not the sex part, the Nazi part), and he's the figure head of a worldwide organization.

He needs to leave the FIA office now, as he should have done a year ago when he was reelected because no-one ran against him.

Daika
31st March 2008, 18:39
If life were only that black and white!

A prominent NY governor (Spitzer) just resigned over allegations of illegal behavior, in particular use of prostitution. Why should Max be exempt? He engaged in not only illegal but also immoral activities (not the sex part, the Nazi part), and he's the figure head of a worldwide organization.

He needs to leave the FIA office now, as he should have done a year ago when he was reelected because no-one ran against him.

Mosley didn't preach a high moral ground unlike Spitzer.

Buzz Lightyear
31st March 2008, 18:48

you cant ignore the real world by burying your head in the sand ioan.

from the video evidence... it look like max has been caught out... big time.

the silence is deafening from max.

infact the times, a more reputable paper, has today reported that mosleys lawyers were said to be taking legal action against the News of the World "for breach of privacy", therefore more or less admitting the act.

New York governor Eliot Spitzer was publicily humilated, and there was
absolutely no question of him being able to stay in office.

If it were me... I dig a big hole in the ground, jump in, and hope that I never been seen again.

He cannot possibly be taken seriously again.

jjanicke
31st March 2008, 18:48

Are you serious?

Certainly not about prostition, but that's not F1 related now is it. :)

markabilly
31st March 2008, 19:02
He did preach against the people who were engaging in possible racist public activities involving Lewis Hamilton, but not too strenously.

As I said before, once it has been thrown into your face as to what he was doing, then it is very difficult to look the other way, no matter how hard you try, no matter how much you think that is really is none of my business, and no matter how much you strongly beleive that such should not have anything to do with him keeping his job.

That is why such a presentation on the internent or on the news should not have happened at all, and why there should be laws about privacy, because once it is thrown in everyone's face, the damage is irreversible and permanent.

If it were him and what he is allegedly doing was true, then private or not, no one's business or not, it is impossible to ignore it and repercussions will echo everywhere.

And where are the limits?? Is it okay to show someone caught in the bathroom relieving themselves?......................it is a sad day for motorsports, a sad day for journalism, and a sad day for all the rest of us.

cannyboy
31st March 2008, 19:02

Mosley is the figure head of an international organization.
This does not paint that organization in a good light, and is offensive to many.
Hence he must go.

No question about it.

What is he going to sue for?
When you are the head of an international organization there are standards that you are expected to up hold for the reputation of that organization, and the members of that organization.

Perhaps he should think about who he represents the next time he wants to engage in such activities.

Glad to see competition licence money going to a worthy cause. Perhaps if he cared about the organizations reputation more than his todger, he wouldn't be in this position.

SteveA
31st March 2008, 19:08
infact the times, a more reputable paper, has today reported that mosleys lawyers were said to be taking legal action against the News of the World "for breach of privacy", therefore more or less admitting the act.

The Times take on it:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/formula_1/article3654882.ece

THE_LIBERATOR
31st March 2008, 20:06
Farewell, mein Lieber Herr.

SteveA
31st March 2008, 20:49
Of course, there's always the possibilty this is a big April Fools joke, and MM is in on it.

wmcot
31st March 2008, 21:07
As to bernie, his comments make me wonder what games he has been playing when in private and if he is worried about someone has videoed him,

If such a video exists I DON'T want to see or hear anything about it!

Tazio
31st March 2008, 21:51
He did preach against the people who were engaging in possible racist public activities involving Lewis Hamilton, but not too strenously.

As I said before, once it has been thrown into your face as to what he was doing, then it is very difficult to look the other way, no matter how hard you try, no matter how much you think that is really is none of my business, and no matter how much you strongly beleive that such should not have anything to do with him keeping his job.

That is why such a presentation on the internent or on the news should not have happened at all, and why there should be laws about privacy, because once it is thrown in everyone's face, the damage is irreversible and permanent.

If it were him and what he is allegedly doing was true, then private or not, no one's business or not, it is impossible to ignore it and repercussions will echo everywhere.

And where are the limits?? Is it okay to show someone caught in the bathroom relieving themselves?......................it is a sad day for motorsports, a sad day for journalism, and a sad day for all the rest of us.Top shelf!

AJP
31st March 2008, 23:21
Ive been offline for a few days now, to come back to this is shocking.
As Valve stated earlier, how could Max be taken seriously now at all?
It is time now for him to run away with his millions and hide. There is no way he can stay in his current position of power with what has come out over the internet.
I'm simply stunned by all of this.

Tazio
31st March 2008, 23:39
What is he going to sue for?
I don't know about the laws of G.B.
In the land of the brave you need a search warrant and probable cause to film someone engaging in sexual activity,
even if prostitution is against the law.
A clear violation of basic rights!
Here he would easily win a civil suite against the perps. Hands down!
If the perps had any real assets it would never go to trial because having been found out they would go to great lengths to settle out of court!

Tazio
31st March 2008, 23:54
Now! Put this in your pipe and smoke it!
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/formula_1/article3656796.ece
Max Mosley is the ruler of his domain and not even an attempted palace coup by Formula One team owners will be enough to unseat the president of the FIA from his position of absolute control over one of the most powerful governing bodies in world sport.

Mosley is neither employed by the FIA, which means that he cannot be sacked for the alleged sexual shenanigans revealed by a Sunday tabloid newspaper, nor is he answerable only to the 11 teams that make up Formula One. Mosley’s fate, for now, is in his hands and close friends believe that the scandal will soon be yesterday’s news and he will carry on in his job, safe in the knowledge that if key figures in Formula One want to strike now, while he is at his weakest, they will face arduous months of lobbying.

starwood
31st March 2008, 23:56
It is April 1st you know, well here in Asia it is as I write this.

True I could not care what he does or does not do in or around the bedroom, but you know what, this guy leads the greatest sport in the world, one of the highest money churning sports there is.

He is the overseer and the only one that can take it anywhere...........just ask him.

I think it shows just how hypocritical he is and shows where is upbringing was and where the Gestapo strong arm tactics that he has led the FIA with come from.

As with all "world leaders" in sport and politics they stay too long, get to strong and think that all revolves around them.

Jumping around with Prostitutes will always come back to hurt you sometime,somewhere
it is illegal in most places,
your judgement has been compromised (again)

You are a goose, always were, always will be and this just proves it more.

Stoddart said it right when he said the fun was out fo F1, he was just looking for it in the wrong place with the wrong people.

AS he said he could not come back until Max was no more,

Ron and Paul think and act as independant minds and Max not like that so force them out.

Time to leave Max! and take the money machine Bernie with you and let others take the sport back to competitive racing.

Thor
1st April 2008, 00:06
Haha! I wonder if there's any truth in that story. News Of The World isn't exactly the most reliable (or scrupulous) tabloid.

It must be faked,it's easy in computers today
I can't believe this

AJP
1st April 2008, 00:09
Now! Put this in your pipe and smoke it!
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/formula_1/article3656796.ece
Max Mosley is the ruler of his domain and not even an attempted palace coup by Formula One team owners will be enough to unseat the president of the FIA from his position of absolute control over one of the most powerful governing bodies in world sport.

Mosley is neither employed by the FIA, which means that he cannot be sacked for the alleged sexual shenanigans revealed by a Sunday tabloid newspaper, nor is he answerable only to the 11 teams that make up Formula One. Mosley’s fate, for now, is in his hands and close friends believe that the scandal will soon be yesterday’s news and he will carry on in his job, safe in the knowledge that if key figures in Formula One want to strike now, while he is at his weakest, they will face arduous months of lobbying.i'm not quite sure what to make of your statement. Are you supporting Max's rights to stay on with the FIA?

ShiftingGears
1st April 2008, 00:25
I think it shows just how hypocritical he is and shows where is upbringing was and where the Gestapo strong arm tactics that he has led the FIA with come from.

It comes from his secret desire to lash all that oppose him? :confused:

markabilly
1st April 2008, 00:25
i'm not quite sure what to make of your statement. Are you supporting Max's rights to stay on with the FIA?
read the link and you will see that it is a quote copied from the article.

i do not think this stuff should have anything to with his departure, but that ain't the way of the world and

as to the video being shown, once done, can not be undone.

Tazio
1st April 2008, 00:27
i'm not quite sure what to make of your statement. Are you supporting Max's rights to stay on with the FIA?
I havn't passed judgement on him!
The artical i linked said no one can make him leave.
I,ve never cared for the guy!
But I am a Realist! Thats all
I'm simply pointing out to the forum
He is not necessarily leaving regardless of what public oppinion is
I am A 54 year young man. My entire life I have believed peoples
personal lives are exactly that. PERSONAL!!
Cheers

Valve Bounce
1st April 2008, 01:30
As Head Kommandant of the FIA, one would assume that Max would hold the whip hand over all who transgress, and some, like poor Ronnie, suffered a caning from Max when he was caught copying somebody else's homework.

My opinion is that Max got caught with his pants down and should be given the bum's rush out of F1 before motorsport suffers a backlash from the viewers.

Tazio
1st April 2008, 01:34
Any self righteous puppets left out there? Here is reality!!!!!
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/formula_1/article3656212.ece
Despite suggesting that he should not travel to the Gulf, Mr Ecclestone continued to stand by his friend and said he would not be calling for Mr Mosley to resign. “What Max should do is what he thinks is right because it is only him that’s involved, not the FIA,” said Mr Ecclestone. “He must do what he believes, in his heart of hearts, is the right thing.”

Mr Ecclestone admitted that many would find the disclosures of Mr Mosley’s personal conduct hard to understand. “If Max was in bed with two hookers, they’d say ‘good for you or something like that’,” Mr Ecclestone said. “But this, as it is, people find it replusive. I think that’s the problem.”

Valve Bounce
1st April 2008, 01:45
[quote="Tazio"]Any self righteous puppets left out there? Here is reality!!!!!
Despite suggesting that he should not travel to the Gulf, Mr Ecclestone continued to stand by his friend ......................QUOTE]

Perhaps Bernie was worried the trip, even on a 1st class seat, might be a bit hard on Max's bum. I could only assume that Bernie was standing by his friend because his friend was a bit sore to sit down.

Tazio
1st April 2008, 01:58
Despite suggesting that he should not travel to the Gulf, Mr Ecclestone continued to stand by his friend ......................QUOTE] I could only assume that Bernie was standing by his friend because
Assume untill you are blue in the face
Guess what! As my son found out,
"Life is not a fair proposition"

Tazio
1st April 2008, 02:20
The one thing I think my respected friends on this forum don't quite get is:
You can laugh, make jokes, and believe he is humiliated.
On that last point you are right.
The psychology that you do not understand is:
Max gets off on being humiliated. Just keep giving him positive reinforcement
If that’s what gets you off ;)
Cheers

markabilly
1st April 2008, 02:52
Despite suggesting that he should not travel to the Gulf, Mr Ecclestone continued to stand by his friend and said he would not be calling for Mr Mosley to resign. “What Max should do is what he thinks is right because it is only him that’s involved, not the FIA,” said Mr Ecclestone. “He must do what he believes, in his heart of hearts, is the right thing.”

Mr Ecclestone admitted that many would find the disclosures of Mr Mosley’s personal conduct hard to understand. “If Max was in bed with two hookers, they’d say ‘good for you or something like that’,” Mr Ecclestone said. “But this, as it is, people find it replusive. I think that’s the problem.”

yes, Mr. Bernie Moralstone, the biggest example of truth and fair play around, standing up for what is right :rolleyes: And being the close bud of max, one can assume from these comments that there must be truth to the "stuff" and not some fake deal

As we have figured out over the years, Bernie's good right hand man is Max and if Max were to resign, the resulting fallout and loss of control over the FIA would be very tough on Bernie, very tough, not withstanding the Indy deal where Bernie was a little PO off with his close ally.

So the fact that Bernie is so willing to stand by him should be no surprize to anyone, and so it will be, with Bernie never ever wanting him to go, no matter what Max did or did not do.

Indeed I beleive that Max could have to be facing several felony charges of many years of punishment, and there would be bernie, saying well he should do in his heart what he thinks is right......,,,all the while mumbling his prayers that somehow max will survive, despite "But this, as it is, people find it replusive. I think that’s the problem......." well duh.

Nevertheless, while that stuff is immaterial, even Bernie has to admit it is repulsive, so it will be hard to be ignored as far as the majority of the public is concerned, and is just exactly why the stuff should never have been broadcast but I think i have now repeated that enough, so i shall go to sleep..............

Daniel
1st April 2008, 03:09
If that’s what gets you off ;)
Cheers
Yes of course. Because Max's wife and friends are going to think it's funny.

It's ok for you to assume but not for Valve Bounce to :mark:

Riiiiiiiiight :)

charro_wrc
1st April 2008, 03:09
1.- How long time last the original Max Mosley video orgy?
2.- Has Mosley said the video is not real?

Valve Bounce
1st April 2008, 03:33
1.- How long time last the original Max Mosley video orgy?
2.- Has Mosley said the video is not real?

I think if you read the whole article on New of the World, it says that the orgy (filmed) lasts for five and a half hours.
What is shown on the NOTW website is not a vid but just very grainy still pics and quotes of what Max is alleged to have said.

Now if Max took the press to court, they would have to play the entire five and a half hours of video, and I suspect it will not be some grainy pics with the good bit's blanked out.

This is why I said earlier that I suspect the press is challenging Max to take them to court when he will appear to be an even bigger fool and the newspapers will sell more papers and make a helluva lot more money.

And if I am not wrong, what Max did is probably illegal and could be a felony.

Valve Bounce
1st April 2008, 03:34

LINK PLEASE!!

Tazio
1st April 2008, 03:55
Yes of course. Because Max's wife and friends are going to think it's funny.

It's ok for you to assume but not for Valve Bounce to :mark:

Riiiiiiiiight :) on the contrary I suggested that he assume untill....
You turn blue in the face when you die thats the allusion.
you know like forever. nice try though!

cosmicpanda
1st April 2008, 05:50
LINK PLEASE!!

:uhoh:

Roamy
1st April 2008, 06:16
WOW I bet Michael Schumacher is glad he left early that day

Valve Bounce
1st April 2008, 06:27
WOW I bet Michael Schumacher is glad he left early that day

Yeah! he got the bum's rush before the real action started. :D

Roamy
1st April 2008, 06:33
yea mosely gave him a reach around and he was good to go!!

hugh_lee
1st April 2008, 06:38
this video is fake! it was originally a video of the mclaren hearing, max was spanking ron and saying "he needs more of ze punishment", thinking 100mil wasn't enough. the other one was him being spanked by briatore during the renault hearing and saying "I need more of ze punishment!". the tabloid just made it out like it was a sexual romp. damn journalists,they should be ashamed of themselves!

Roamy
1st April 2008, 06:40
well now you know why he fined McLaren + RETIREMENT !

Jackie Stewart is standing under Big Ben pissing down both legs he is so excited

Tazio
1st April 2008, 08:18
LINK PLEASE!!
That is my editorial It is an opinion! Keep reaching!

SGWilko
1st April 2008, 09:06
Don't know about you lot, but I'm looking forward to the next MB grid walk....

"So Max, do you think the young German Glock will be able to give Jarno a good whipping today..........."

Oh, the Lord doth moveth in peculiar ways......... ;)

Daniel
1st April 2008, 10:16
That is my editorial It is an opinion! Keep reaching!

So yet again it's OK for you to assume and so on but not others :)

Keep trying I guess!

Spoonbender
1st April 2008, 10:43

Quote of the year Ha Ha. Hey the report does mention a dominating somewhat manly looking blonde, could it be Louise :) or maybe James Allen in a wig :)

ArrowsFA1
1st April 2008, 10:46
Max Mosley has no intention of stepping down from his position as FIA president, autosport.com has learned, despite the controversy caused by his sexual exploits being revealed in a British tabloid newspaper
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/66270

Tazio
1st April 2008, 10:49
So yet again it's OK for you to assume and so on but not others :)

Keep trying I guess!No It's ok for me to have opinions. opinions don't require links! Tell me where on this thread did I ask someone for a link
anyway? Have an original Idea! You've just got your Knickers in a knot. Because you dont like my opinnions, and belief system!

Mark
1st April 2008, 10:54
Less of the bickering, if you please.

Tazio
1st April 2008, 11:00
OK!He has been all over me, and my opinions because he doesn't like them!

Tazio
1st April 2008, 11:30
Here are some opinions I have a link for!
Fair and balanced reporting going on over here:

http://www.forumula1.net/2008/f1/f1-news/pressures-mounts-on-mosley/

Martin Brundle, ex-F1 driver and F1 commentator for British broadcaster ITV isn’t mincing his words over the recent scandal. “It is not appropriate behaviour for the head of any global body,” he said.

Jody Scheckter, 1979 F1 world champion, is in agreement with Brundle. “You can’t have somebody like this running the sport, or any other sport come to that,” he said in an interview with British newspaper the Guardian. “I really think he ought to go and I would like to see the press having a concerted campaign to persuade him to do just that.”

Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone also believes that this is one scandal too many for Mosley, and that the FIA president may have pushed his luck slightly too far.

“He should go shouldn’t he?” Ecclestone said in an interview with British newspaper The Times. “The problem is he would take all the ink away from the race and put in on something which, honestly and truly, is nobody else’s business anyway.

An anonymous source who claims to work with Mosley appears to have summed up what many people are thinking, “The trouble is that Max will try and treat things as business as usual. He knows that it he brazens it out, there is a good chance he will survive. But this time he may have pushed things just a little too far.”

I guess we will see

:beer:

Valve Bounce
1st April 2008, 11:37
ouch! ouch! ouch! ouch! ouch! :(

Man, that was some flogging !!

SteveA
1st April 2008, 11:38

“He should go shouldn’t he?” Ecclestone said in an interview with British newspaper The Times. “The problem is he would take all the ink away from the race and put in on something which, honestly and truly, is nobody else’s business anyway.

The comment was "He shouldn't go, should he?"

This has been taken totally out of context, he was replying to the question of whether MM should attend the Bahrain GP.

Crap journalism at its crappiest.

Tazio
1st April 2008, 11:43

:beer:
Maybe you need your eyes examined THis link Quotes Bernie as saying Max should go! come on dude. BTW this is a good journo site!
I'm trying to work with you guys!

Tazio
1st April 2008, 11:50
Care to apologize Steve?

Tazio
1st April 2008, 12:10
ouch! ouch! ouch! ouch! ouch! :(

Man, that was some flogging !!

If that’s what gets you off
Cheers

Just my humble opinnion!

I'm not a sado-masochist so I could be wrong!

And when I say you I'm not referring to any indiviual!

Sulland
1st April 2008, 12:14
I hoped for Max sake that this case exploded one day to early, and that it was meant for today !
1 april fool !
But if this is true, there is no way back for Max. Even if this was a private matter, it is not anymore !

Tazio
1st April 2008, 12:18
I hoped for Max sake that this case exploded one day to early, and that it was meant for today !

But.....
I don't understand your post!
Could you elaborate? Seriously

Glee
1st April 2008, 12:19
Wonder how the editorial meeting in N.O.T.W was?

- We need a big headliner for next week
- What about somebody having an extramarital affair?
- What kind of news is that? Everybody is having that!
- Ok, what about some kinky stuff then?
- Also nothing new.
- With a prostitute?
- An affair is often with a prostitute, nothing new if you put a prostitute or two into the story.
- Let’s say five prostitutes then?
- That’s better, but it is still not enough.
- Lets say that they have been doing some Nazi-stuff!
- That could just be explained as role-playing, no big issue or news in that!
- Ok. Let’s say that it is someone who has some dark Nazi past in his family.
- Now we are taking, but people won’t believe it.
- But if we have photos?
- Photos can be manipulated by everybody with a computer…
- So let’s use a video then, several hours long!
- Now we are taking, now we got something we can print!

Pretty much a recipe for a complete scandal.

But seriously: This is something concerning Max’s private life, and the video is something that is not meant for the public, and should therefore have nothing to do with his role in FIA.

However this story will always bee the Elephant in the room whenever he is present, and will put him in a permanently awkward position.

markabilly
1st April 2008, 12:19
Less of the bickering, if you please.

More like time for a closing of a thread, as it seems to be taking a slide towards the toilet.

After some mod closed mine about what Mike is now doing on motorcycles, something far more relevant about F1, then this trash about max and his trashy personal life, time has come to slam down on this thread :down:

SteveA
1st April 2008, 12:23
Care to apologize Steve?

Not at all. They misquoted The Times. Check it for yourself.

Mr Ecclestone, a long-time friend of Mr Mosley, the president of the world governing body of motorsport, the Fédération Internationale de l’Auto-mobile (FIA), told The Times that Mr Mosley’s presence would distract from the race and would not be appreciated by the Bahraini Royal Family.

“He shouldn’t go, should he? The problem is he would take all the ink away from the race and put it on something which, honestly and truly, is nobody else’s business anyway,” Mr Ecclestone said. Asked how the Royal Family might react to Mr Mosley’s presence, Mr Ecclestone said: “They wouldn’t like it.”

MAX_THRUST
1st April 2008, 12:26
The problem with max is he has upset the press some how, and with all the scandal last year with F1 everyone now knows who he is, which means he is now fair game for the gutter press.

I really hope he gets the boot and some one with a brain gets in, he should get the boot just for saying reversing grids....I'll be honest, I don't like him. Never have, never will, nothing to base that on appart from my feelings. Sorry if that upsets anyone.

Tazio
1st April 2008, 12:29
Not at all. They misquoted The Times. Check it for yourself.

Mr Ecclestone, a long-time friend of Mr Mosley, the president of the world governing body of motorsport, the Fédération Internationale de l’Auto-mobile (FIA), told The Times that Mr Mosley’s presence would distract from the race and would not be appreciated by the Bahraini Royal Family.

“He shouldn’t go, should he? The problem is he would take all the ink away from the race and put it on something which, honestly and truly, is nobody else’s business anyway,” Mr Ecclestone said. Asked how the Royal Family might react to Mr Mosley’s presence, Mr Ecclestone said: “They wouldn’t like it.”

Your right I Apologize Iwas only trying to give the other side!

Sulland
1st April 2008, 12:35
I don't understand your post!
Could you elaborate? Seriously

I have elaborated a bit !

Tazio
1st April 2008, 12:40
More like time for a closing of a thread, as it seems to be taking a slide towards the toilet.

After some mod closed mine about what Mike is now doing on motorcycles, something far more relevant about F1, then this trash about max and his trashy personal life, time has come to slam down on this thread :down: Some times reality goes against peoples belief system!
Are you honestly offended?

I havn't passed judgement on him!
The artical i linked said no one can make him leave.
I,ve never cared for the guy!
But I am a Realist! Thats all
I'm simply pointing out to the forum
He is not necessarily leaving regardless of what public oppinion is
I am A 54 year young man. My entire life I have believed peoples
personal lives are exactly that. PERSONAL!!
I hold these truths to be self evident
Cheers

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle3656212.ece

Reality depending on your agenda can suck

Valve Bounce
1st April 2008, 12:41
Care to apologize Steve?

I think, perhaps, the thought of all that flogging and Nazi yelling may have affected your short term memory, because, from the link that you yourself provided, I have found this:

“He shouldn’t go, should he? The problem is he would take all the ink away from the race and put it on something which, honestly and truly, is nobody else’s business anyway,” Mr Ecclestone said. Asked how the Royal Family might react to Mr Mosley’s presence, Mr Ecclestone said: “They wouldn’t like it.” "

I would agree that the hosting of Max at the event would offend the Muslims in both Bahrein as well as nearby Saudi Arabia, and would be an extreme embarrasment to the Royal Families of both countries.

In fact, Max would well be advised to stay away from Indonesia as well, or the whole thing could blow up in his face literally.

We can all make jokes about Max, and having thought the guy a lame brain long before this debacle, I thoroughly enjoy the embarrasment caused by his stupidity. I don't intend to apologise for my puns, and I fully agree with those who think Max should just disappear from all forms of motorsport governance, as his actions has brought motorsport into disrepute.

You and some others hold a different opinion, and I have refrained from attacking any of you - that is your business.

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that Max is a genital cranium

Tazio
1st April 2008, 12:44
I have elaborated a bit !

silly me. could you give me a post # or is that all there is?

Tazio
1st April 2008, 12:47
I think, perhaps, the thought of all that flogging and Nazi yelling may have affected your short term memory, because, from the link that you yourself provided, I have found this:

“He shouldn’t go, should he? The problem is he would take all the ink away from the race and put it on something which, honestly and truly, is nobody else’s business anyway,” Mr Ecclestone said. Asked how the Royal Family might react to Mr Mosley’s presence, Mr Ecclestone said: “They wouldn’t like it.” "

I would agree that the hosting of Max at the event would offend the Muslims in both Bahrein as well as nearby Saudi Arabia, and would be an extreme embarrasment to the Royal Families of both countries.

In fact, Max would well be advised to stay away from Indonesia as well, or the whole thing could blow up in his face literally.

We can all make jokes about Max, and having thought the guy a lame brain long before this debacle, I thoroughly enjoy the embarrasment caused by his stupidity. I don't intend to apologise for my puns, and I fully agree with those who think Max should just disappear from all forms of motorsport governance, as his actions has brought motorsport into disrepute.

You and some others hold a different opinion, and I have refrained from attacking any of you - that is your business.

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that Max is a genital craniumI apologized! No need for a personal attack!
I respect your right to your opinion
I disagree about the degrading comments being mature and relavent
I'm going back to bed
NigHT all It's been real!

Valve Bounce
1st April 2008, 12:59
I apologized! No need for a personal attack!
I respect your right to your opinion
I disagree about the degrading comments being mature and relavent
I'm going back to bed

I am truly sorry if I have offended you - this was meant as a bit of a pun on memory banks and certainly not a personal attack. Our posts crossed.

Most of what I have posted are lighthearted puns, just to whip this episode along.

Some would argue that this was a private affair and Max should be left alone;
others could be forgiven for mistaking it as a group function.

Now I really have to go to bed. Night all!

SteveA
1st April 2008, 13:11
I'm going back to bed

Now I really have to go to bed. Night all!

Valve and Tazio going to bed together? Call the News Of The World

;)

MAX_THRUST
1st April 2008, 13:14
I think Bernies hands are tied on this one..........oh or is it MAx. The main thing is Max is due to go in October 2009, either way we should be shot of him by then.

Hopefully someone else will take over and bring a level of correctness and satisfy all teams in equal terms, someone who won't dish out punishment to those he doesn't like.

Really hope he gets the boot, watch out at the Spannish race this year, if they can't chase Hamilton out of the pitts, maybe the spannish fans will turn their attention to getting MAx out.

janneppi
1st April 2008, 13:16
Are you all about done here? or maybe a couple more nazi comments or stupid remarks about whips and creams?

Motorsportfun
1st April 2008, 13:21
Goodbye to Max? I hope so! :D

Juppe
1st April 2008, 14:19
I think that Max is the kind of person, who could really try to bury this and continue his job as usual.

I hope he will not do it, but that is because I have hoped for a long time for him to step down. I don't think that calling people "certified half-wits" in public is any way to behave for the president of FIA. In addition, I did not like his actions in handling the spy case or the Michelin tyre saga in Indianapolis.

After this I think there is a number of car manufacturers and sponsors who would like Max to go away as fast and quietly as possible. However, knowing Max, this may not happen.

In the end, this may prove to be as disastrous to this year's campaign as the spy case was last year.

I do not know all the rules and structure of FIA, but if some of you do, what means there are to get rid off Max, if he decides to stay? Is there a procedure to fire him and who can do it?

Roamy
1st April 2008, 14:49
I think if you read the whole article on New of the World, it says that the orgy (filmed) lasts for five and a half hours.
What is shown on the NOTW website is not a vid but just very grainy still pics and quotes of what Max is alleged to have said.

Now if Max took the press to court, they would have to play the entire five and a half hours of video, and I suspect it will not be some grainy pics with the good bit's blanked out.

This is why I said earlier that I suspect the press is challenging Max to take them to court when he will appear to be an even bigger fool and the newspapers will sell more papers and make a helluva lot more money.

And if I am not wrong, what Max did is probably illegal and could be a felony.

As I understand it at this very moment we don't have indisputable proof that this is in fact Max. One undisputed I think he will get run. But then again he is the epitome of arrogance

ArrowsFA1
1st April 2008, 15:01
I think that Max is the kind of person, who could really try to bury this and continue his job as usual.
You may be right. In an interview with Tony Dodgins recently on Autosport (http://www.autosport.com/) JYS said this of Max in connection with the "certified halfwit" comment:
"I got a handshake from Max the other day, and almost a cuddle! And I mentioned Max in my book....Once! He said, 'let's forget all that. It's the past. He ran into me and he was his gushing self. There's no conscience there..."

MAX_THRUST
1st April 2008, 15:53
Would like to point out I have never used the N**I word in any of my posts as I am aware it is considered offensive by many in Europe and through out the world. However I feel being caught with your trousers down by the news of the world whilst tied up and being whipped by 5 ladies of the night, whilst being a public figure, unbelievably stupid!!!! He deserves all the mickey taking he gets.............Thou shall not get caught, is the 13th commandment I believe. He got caught!!!

If I was in his shoes I would probably have ordered 5 women as I could afford it in his possition, but I would have been alot more careful than he was. Or when you get caught say, yes thats me, wow what an afternoon. As for N**I side of it, what's wrong with the guy? Trying to be like DAd?

Roamy
1st April 2008, 16:31
Perhaps you should consider selling your login name to Mosely. At his age it appears all is still working well.

jjanicke
1st April 2008, 17:21

Tazio
1st April 2008, 17:48

And I stated on the pit lane positions thread before you posted the above
showing I do Have Moral fiber and don't like Bernie or Max. It's the privacy issue that makes me defend Max

"This is just conjecture. Is it possible that they were moved because of a belief by these mostly strict
Muslims want to know that their GP is held in acordance with their belief in honesty, and fair play.
Thus turning the tables on Bernie saying "you can take our millions. But our fans are going to have every reason to believe the race they are presenting is completely on the up, and up"

charro_wrc
1st April 2008, 18:30

five hours ON TAPE!!!!!!
it would be very hard to put the Mosley´s voice and face in the video with a computer program, almost impossible to do that on 5 FIVE HOURS ON TAPE.

by other hand, If "the new of the world" don´t have 5 hours on tape they are on big big problems.

Real o no video, the damage is done, anyway, from my personal point of view Max Mosley has to prove the video is not real to keep his job.

ioan
1st April 2008, 18:33
Here's what Max is doing at this moment:
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=34338

Sorry I can't quote cause the copy feature is not enabled on their site. You'll have to read it yourself. Don't worry it's nothing personal. ;)

Zico
1st April 2008, 18:41
five hours ON TAPE!!!!!!
it would be very hard to put the Mosley´s voice and face in the video with a computer program, almost impossible to do that on 5 FIVE HOURS ON TAPE.

by other hand, If "the new of the world" don´t have 5 hours on tape they are on big big problems.

Real o no video, the damage is done, anyway, from my personal point of view Max Mosley has to prove the video is not real to keep his job.

If this was fake it would have been strongly and very publicly denied immediately. As of yet Max nor his legal team have not issued any statements concerning the authenticity of the story OR footage other than the "Nazi" part of it which Im pretty sure we all understood was a piece of artistic licence at best. On the other hand...

From the Daily Mail..

No further comment required..

Big Ben
1st April 2008, 18:51
innocent people like me would think that something so embarrassing would make max step aside but it seems he has absolutely no intention to do that...

I just wonder how did this idiot get in that position in the first place?

cannyboy
1st April 2008, 19:06
The media would have a field day if he sues.
He really is an idiot if he thinks he can sue without making an even bigger clown of himself.

The video would be shown in court and would bring 10 times the attention on himself.

If he resignes, he can sue all he wants, and bring more ridicule on himself, rather than on his office

Juppe
1st April 2008, 19:11

Sorry I can't quote cause the copy feature is not enabled on their site. You'll have to read it yourself. Don't worry it's nothing personal. ;)

Ok, so this basically means that Max will linger like a foul stench all around F1.

This is what I was afraid he would do. In principle, I think this is the correct way to react to the unlawful attacks towards his personal life. I think that the tabloid in question should be punished so severely that any paper will think twice before trying any similar stunt.

At the same time, unfortunately, the unwillingness of Max to step down will hurt F1 immensely. We will see that there are influential figures, who will not want to have anything to do with Max because of the scandal. And this will make it more difficult for F1 to take care of its various businesses all around the world. Many places F1 races are located in are less liberal in these matters than Europe in general.

In addition, I'd like to remind the forum members of Kimi's lap dancing episode. Its importance was peanuts compared to this case, yet many formula 1 sites and een forum members over here were very vocal about that case. Now all of a sudden the F1 sites are all very careful not say anything too much. Is this because of their strengthened moral fibre since the days of the Kimi case?

I don't think so - It’s more likely that they are silent out of pure fear what Max might be able to do to them, if they crossed the line. Hence the double standards, Kimi simply wasn't influential and important enough.

BDunnell
1st April 2008, 19:11

I respect what you say, but what if, as I asked earlier, the exposure of someone's private life makes it clear that they are a hypocrite?

There have been several such instances in the UK. One involved David Ashby MP, who was found to have had gay affairs despite writing in an election leaflet 'Married with a family, and as such understands the need of families. He is a man of integrity who believes in traditional moral values'. Another was the right-wing journalist Paul Johnson, who used to go on and on about the disgraceful moral state of the nation. It turned out that he enjoyed nothing more than being whipped by his mistress.

I agree that the tabloids go too far far too often, but there have been plenty of cases where people have sued newspapers over allegations of bad behaviour in their private lives only for it to be discovered that this was the tip of the iceberg. Jeffrey Archer's libel trial against the News of the World after its (by all accounts accurate) reports of his use of prostitutes is a good example. He ended up going to jail for perjury and having much else about his lying behaviour exposed. This was in the public interest, in my view. He was also a hypocrite because he was another right-wing 'law and order' type. Then, at the other end of the political spectrum, there is Tommy Sheridan MSP, mentioned in a post earlier on.

If the public figure who is the subject of the sex scandal is sensible about the way they deal with it, like the former Liberal Democrat leader Paddy Ashdown, they can more or less get away with it. That was just a simple affair. What Max Mosley has apparently done is, purely because of the alleged 'Nazi' part of what went on, less appropriate. Maybe a public explanation from him is in order?

BDunnell
1st April 2008, 19:14
And where are the limits?? Is it okay to show someone caught in the bathroom relieving themselves?......................it is a sad day for motorsports, a sad day for journalism, and a sad day for all the rest of us.

This is quite a fundamental question. Where should journalism draw the line? I worry about it being drawn too far back, as it were, because then some very worthwhile investigative journalism would be deemed unacceptable.

markabilly
1st April 2008, 19:18

If this was fake it would have been strongly and very publicly denied immediately. As of yet Max nor his legal team have not issued any statements concerning the authenticity of the story OR footage other than the "Nazi" part of it which Im pretty sure we all understood was a piece of artistic licence at best. On the other hand...

From the Daily Mail..

No further comment required..

Actually the link provides a written response to the allegations written by Max himself, probably with the aid of lawyers. It denies is that there were any nazi connotations when Max was engaged in whatever, and thereby, I guess implicitly admits that it was him.

It does say that he is NOT stepping down, and it does say he will be pursuing an investigation against those responsible for violating his privacy.

Mickey T
1st April 2008, 19:34
Under Australian journalism laws, you can write essentially what you will provided it passes two tests:

1. it is the truth

2. it is deemed to be in the public interest.

one without the other is not acceptable.

i'm not aware of the details of english libel law, but looking at what's frequently printed in their tabloids, i can't imagine it's any tighter than australia's.

given max is in a position where he heads the peak body for the RAC, ADAC (Germany), the RACQ/RACV/NRMA etc in Australia and every other car club throughout the world, i reckon there's enough scope for it to be deemed in public interest to know this stuff.

he has, after all, set himself up as the beacon of moral fibre inside F1, especially in the last decade. but, remember, F1 is only a very small part of what the FIA is responsible for.

Zico
1st April 2008, 19:36
I just wonder how did this idiot get in that position in the first place?

Putting the fact that he's been set-up aside..

"Masochism exists among socially powerful men for whom it was a "liberation from conventional pressure and the professional mask."

Iwan Bloch
Strange Sexual Practices

It is difficult for "normal" people to fathom but lets try and understand.. A powerfull man, a dominant/Alpha male figure in his world, maybe he finds it therapeutic to be on the recieving end, ie dominated to re-balance him psychologicaly..which has developed this perversion?

(Mods- If this is irelevent to the thread please remove this post.)

trumperZ06
1st April 2008, 19:49
;) It looks like Max is going to try to "Stonewall" the Nazi portion...

Then he's going to crawl into a bunker...

attempting to keep his FIA position...

by "Brazening it out" over the other issues.

:rolleyes: Graphics from the video seemed to show some type of WWII prison uniform/costume being worn...

making the Nazi issue tough to deny.

Max seems to Blame the press...

for making his egregious sexual perferences and practices known...

now he has to face his family & the public !

His lame excuse & apology wil not likely result in any sympathy...

lacking a heartfelt display of remorse & contrition.

Does anyone really think that Max will survive this scandal ?

Tazio
1st April 2008, 19:53
The media would have a field day if he sues.
He really is an idiot if he thinks he can sue without making an even bigger Max likes humiliation he is a sado masochist. I've already pointed out that this man. will stomp in a lawsuit. The spin is so far spun that you’re only feeding your own need for vindication. When I say you, I mean everybody that thinks humiliation is going to be a deterrent to max. I understand this mans (sick to a degree mind) Believe me I take no pleasure in pointing (this opinion out) If people started acting like they are ok with this deal Max might drop his guard Allowing the proper authorities to catch him in a legal sting! That is what us people who want him gone need to understand and play along with. Like I said, until he is properly busted! He will be around. BTW I'm really tired of defending him this is not something I relish. The proper authorities or a hit man are the only people that can take him down. It's a sad reality

Tazio
1st April 2008, 19:54

:rolleyes: Graphics from the video seemed to show some type of WWII prison uniform/costume being worn...

without a heartfelt display of remorse & contrition.

Unfortunately yes.

Zico
1st April 2008, 20:13

lacking a heartfelt display of remorse & contrition.

The fact that the FIA are showing sympathy and support doesnt really surprise me, Im sure there are a few individuals in the wings ready to do all they can to oust him. I guess the rest of the FIA hierarchy will also have a damage limitation plan in place dependent on how it pans out with regards to public reaction and whether associated bodies seek to distance themselves from the organisation after the outcome of his case against the rag.

I just cant see how he can survive this..

BDunnell
1st April 2008, 20:17
Actually the link provides a written response to the allegations written by Max himself, probably with the aid of lawyers. It denies is that there were any nazi connotations when Max was engaged in whatever, and thereby, I guess implicitly admits that it was him.

It does say that he is NOT stepping down, and it does say he will be pursuing an investigation against those responsible for violating his privacy.

I suspect that little will come of this 'investigation' in legal terms, for the reasons I gave earlier — that he would then be forced to go into details about what actually went on.

In any case, at some point he will have to offer more than a denial of the Nazi element if people are to really believe that there was no such element, and he is to gain credence in relation to this. But this, too, will be horribly embarrassing, so he will probably choose not to, with the resulting damage to his reputation and the lingering suspicion that there were Nazi connotations to what happened.

(And I should add that I wouldn't be surprised to see more stuff about Max in the News of the World fairly soon, if he decides that taking legal action is too much of a risk. Often, in these cases, the tabloids don't dish all the dirt they have on someone in one go.)

DonnieDarco
1st April 2008, 20:33
There's really no need for him to explain what went on, the newspaper has a five hour video which apparently explains it perfectly well :D

I refused to watch even a snippet of a clip on the grounds that I like food and wish to continue liking it, but the pictures originally published with the article were more than enough to illustrate the events in question.

BDunnell
1st April 2008, 20:38
Putting the fact that he's been set-up aside..

"Masochism exists among socially powerful men for whom it was a "liberation from conventional pressure and the professional mask."

Iwan Bloch
Strange Sexual Practices

It is difficult for "normal" people to fathom but lets try and understand.. A powerfull man, a dominant/Alpha male figure in his world, maybe he finds it therapeutic to be on the recieving end, ie dominated to re-balance him psychologicaly..which has developed this perversion?

(Mods- If this is irelevent to the thread please remove this post.)

Speaking for myself, I think this is highly relevant to the matter in hand.

As someone said near the start of this thread, there are reasons behind people going in for this sort of thing, and it is quite well known that people in the public eye probably enjoy the 'danger' aspect of such behaviour.

Bagwan
1st April 2008, 21:03
"a covert investigation" ?
"a group specializing in such things " ?
"clients as yet unknown" ?

There are 5 hrs of this stuff .
Either he was intentionally having it filmed for his own viewing , and it leaked out , or it was a spycam of some sort .

This had to be a sting .
One would think there must be someone these people could go to for the utmost in privacy , but I guess even a millionaire has to roll the dice on stuff like this . I don't think he or any of his friends will be calling that agency any time soon .

Really , now we are privy to these backroom habits , all there is to know is who was paying the tab for the sting ?

Geez , I wonder who could be that mad at Max .

Hmm , I can't think of anyone right now .

Tazio
1st April 2008, 21:06
Speaking for myself, I think this is highly relevant to the matter in hand.

As someone said near the start of this thread, there are reasons behind people going in for this sort of thing, and it is quite well known that people in the public eye probably enjoy the 'danger' aspect of such behaviour.

HERE IS THE SOLUTION

If Max really is as big a sado-masochist as he appears to be
Take a German speaking female Cop put her somewhere that
Max visits or passes by. Have her dress suggestively.
A little leather, some Fish Nets
Don’t over do it because powerful sicko's are generally very cunning!
Lets say you plant her at a news stand max has been known to browse.
The operative engages Max after he buys something by simply saying in German
"Spank you very much"
At that point "it's on" As long as the cops don't blunder they could within hours
have so much legally obtained info on him they would have to put him on a suicide watch!

What say ye members of the Jury?

"We find Maxmillion Mosely_____________!"

Done deal.... :rotflmao: :beer:

Easy Drifter
1st April 2008, 21:43
We know Max has upset some members of the press.
There is an old saying 'Don't get in a slanging match with those who buy paper by the roll and ink by the barrel.'
If and only if it is true he should step down more for the Nazi connontations than anything else.
As far as the feelings of the Arabic nations go they certainly do things and have attitudes the West disagrees with. It is not all one sided.
And I have never liked Max since I met him in the early 70's

Tazio
1st April 2008, 22:49
HERE IS THE SOLUTION

If Max really is as big a sado-masochist as he appears to be
Take a German speaking female Cop put her somewhere that
Max visits or passes by. Have her dress suggestively.
A little leather, some Fish Nets
Don’t over do it because powerful sicko's are generally very cunning!
Lets say you plant her at a news stand max has been known to browse.
The operative engages Max after he buys something by simply saying in German
"Spank you very much"
At that point "it's on" As long as the cops don't blunder they could within hours
have so much legally obtained info on him they would have to put him on a suicide watch!

What say ye members of the Jury?

"We find Maxmillion Mosely_____________!"

Done deal.... :rotflmao: :beer:

Dr. Giacomo Rappaccini
VV VV
"Misery to be as terrible as thou art beautiful?
Wouldst thou, then, have preferred the condition of a weak woman,
exposed to all evil, and capable of none?""

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iYbEPZVVIA

Valve Bounce
1st April 2008, 23:13
Seeing how Max sttes that he has support from motoring organizations, whould we ask pino to give us a poll on a new thread with the options whether Max should stay, stand down or resign altogether?

What are your thoughts, seeing that this forum is filled totally with motoring enthusiasts?

Then we will all know the extent of support Max really enjoys in the Motoring world.

trumperZ06
1st April 2008, 23:32
The Jewish community has already started commenting on Mad Max's actions.

With the major automobile manufacturers looking at a major portion of their clientel being outraged by the FIA president's sexual perversions...

I don't see how Ole Maxie's going to survive this scandal.