29th March 2008, 20:23
Salisbury Steak /w Gravy...

Mashed potatoes...

& Green Beans...

mmmmmm... :lips: :)

What wine ? :p :

pino
29th March 2008, 20:27
Home made burger-steak with baked potatos and mixed salad... red italian wine with offcourse :D

veeten
29th March 2008, 20:46
What wine ? :p :

no wine. I'm cooking for the kids here, so it's iced tea. :)

J4MIE
29th March 2008, 20:50
After being at a rally all day I am too tired to cook so had to get a takeaway and am now trying to relax with a nice spanish red wine. Lasagne will have to wait until Tuesday, I have a roast chicken with all the trimmings to prepare tomorow :lips:

J4MIE
29th March 2008, 20:52
I did make some celery and sweet potato soup last night so am having some of that also :lips:

Easy Drifter
30th March 2008, 20:13
Hot Chicken wings picked up at Deli at local supermarket.
Tomorrow (now today) Honey Garlic Sausage, small amount of green prepackaged salad (Oil and Vinegar dressing) with added green onions and carrots, pan fries and 2 eggs sunny side up.
Mon.: Homemade ground beef steak with garlic powder, soya sauce, and Cajan spicing. Fried onions and pan fries with fresh picked chives plus aforementioned salad with carrot and tomato additions. Salad was on sale at 1lb for $.99

GridGirl
30th March 2008, 21:28
Roast beef, home made Yorksire puddings, boiled potatoes, broccoli, carrots, sweetcorn and red wine gravy. Followed by the remainer of a Cadbury's Easter Egg. Ahhh twas good. :)

31st March 2008, 03:03
I had steamed kumera, home grown carrots, NZ spinach, zuchinnis and bellpeppers and a can of tuna which I ate on it's own a while before the vege when I realised they were not going to go well together. Forgot the wine too. The kitchen and I have a difficult relationship. :confused:

veeten
4th April 2008, 01:53
Meat loaf

pasta shells /w cheese

and corn. :lips: :)

sorry pino, no wine tonight. :p :

Storm
4th April 2008, 07:27
v10, sounds great and making me hungry...

maxu05
4th April 2008, 17:40
My turn to cook tonight.
Pork chops with a red wine and cherry sauce.
Mashed potato with black pepper and Dijon Mustard.
Steamed Brocoli.
Mushrooms fried in garlic and butter.
It was all delicious, and of course, all washed down with a few Tsingtao beers.

slinkster
4th April 2008, 20:49
Grid Girl, that is my idea of a slap up meal. Excellent stuff.

Friday night in our house, is usually pizza night (or takeaway) but tonight's choice was a rather miserable morrissons-bought mixed grill pizza which was a bit of a disappointment.

veeten
7th April 2008, 23:29
Spaghetti /w meat sauce

and Garlic bread.

mmmm... :lips: :)

and the pasta used is made by... Del Pino's. ;)

Daniel
8th April 2008, 03:15
Menu for this afternoon, tonight and tomorrow morning? Airline food. Great :mark:

pino
8th April 2008, 06:47
Menu for this afternoon, tonight and tomorrow morning? Airline food. Great :mark:

I can give you some great sandwiches recipes :p :

maxu05
8th April 2008, 06:56
Tonight, Greek cabbage rice with lemon, Chinese dumplings, (home made by Mama of course), with soy sauce and vinegar, steamed broccoli, Chinese style potatoes and more Tsingtao beer.

turves
8th April 2008, 08:43
Sausage, Beans and mash for me later... :facelick:

Daniel
8th April 2008, 14:32
I can give you some great sandwiches recipes :p :
Ok so far the chicken with Oyster sauce was OK :)

Lets see what Air France give me en route to CDG and then Manchester.

Daniel
8th April 2008, 15:33
I wimped out and got a burger king meal :burp:

Not bad at all :)

J4MIE
8th April 2008, 20:01
I made some pizzas tonight :D With pepperoni, red peppers, mozzarella and fresh basil :lips:

Pino would be proud of me I tell you ;)

BDunnell
8th April 2008, 20:49
I am in the middle of making my easy chicken curry. Into the wok have gone the chopped onion and the diced chicken. Once that was cooked, I added the curry sauce using sun-dried tomato puree as the base, with a variety of spices mixed in and some low-fat creme fraiche. I stirred that in and then added some lentils and vegetable stock. This is currently cooking down.

stevie_gerrard
8th April 2008, 23:55
I just had Chicken Tikka Masalla for tea tonight, which was very nice :)

maxu05
9th April 2008, 03:11
I am in the middle of making my easy chicken curry. Into the wok have gone the chopped onion and the diced chicken. Once that was cooked, I added the curry sauce using sun-dried tomato puree as the base, with a variety of spices mixed in and some low-fat creme fraiche. I stirred that in and then added some lentils and vegetable stock. This is currently cooking down.

Sounds nice, enjoy.

veeten
14th April 2008, 21:50
Baked Chicken

Mashed potatoes

and Succotash...

:)

Tomi
14th April 2008, 21:56
reindeer in red curry, jasmine rice.

Daniel
14th April 2008, 22:34
Forgot to mention i had a nice t bone steal on saturday. Yum yum

fandango
14th April 2008, 22:49
Steamed veg.

GridGirl
14th April 2008, 22:49
Had a nice lunch in my favourite restaurant in the Lake District today. Had a huge slice of chocolate cake of which I can only describe as the best chocolate cake in the world (and I like to think I'm an expert in chocolate cake) as reward for walking over 12 miles and climbing 3 mountains on Sunday. No pain, no gain. :D

15th April 2008, 01:09
Home made chicken soup last night, ditto lunch and dinner today and probably for the next couple of days. Anyone got any other comfort food suggestions for when one has a cold with the usual aches and pains, sinusitis, chills/sweats, cough etc.

pino
15th April 2008, 07:37
I made some pizzas tonight :D With pepperoni, red peppers, mozzarella and fresh basil :lips:

Pino would be proud of me I tell you ;)

You can make it again when I visit you (hopefully soon) :D

leopard
15th April 2008, 07:53
Share the pizza with us here. :)

Brown, Jon Brow
15th April 2008, 19:17
Pasta with meatballs in a tomato and herb source....

J4MIE
16th April 2008, 00:51
You can make it again when I visit you (hopefully soon) :D

Anytime amico :up:

BGilbert
16th April 2008, 01:55
Home cooked duck breast with a chuncky plum sauce, fried rice with peppers, shallots and lots herbs and spices, and spring rolls.

Camelopard
16th April 2008, 02:27
Home cooked duck breast with a chuncky plum sauce, fried rice with peppers, shallots and lots herbs and spices, and spring rolls.

Sounds good, can I drop in? :D

I can sleep in tomorrow so I'll probably have something to go with a bottle of vino rosso.

leopard
16th April 2008, 04:08
Spiced duck meat are nice for dinner. Try it once a week you will find it more delicious than chicken, but certain people do not like its strong smell.

veeten
25th April 2008, 02:05
Burgers! :) Yum! :D

with chips and soda. It's almost like summer. :cool: :)

Jefe Máximo
2nd May 2008, 21:53
Hey Vee, what is Succotash?

Sounds like a really bad rash. :erm:

dc10
3rd May 2008, 11:14
Steak canadian and mixed salad and, of course, red wine, for us tonight.
Some of you guys are pretty inventive with your meals!
Yes, what is Succotash?

veeten
3rd May 2008, 13:31
Vegetable mix of corn and lima beans, with butter or margarine and seasonings. It's quite good. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Succotash

schmenke
7th May 2008, 16:27
What is "Steak canadian"? :cornfused:

Tomi
7th May 2008, 17:13

Take 1 "habs" fan, drown him in vodka, then put him in the owen for about 2 hours in 200C :)

GridGirl
7th May 2008, 18:19
I quite like Tomi's idea but Steak Canadian is just steak very thinly sliced. :)

I'm having a fish finger and brown sauce sandwich for tea.

schmenke
7th May 2008, 18:50
Take 1 "habs" fan, drown him in vodka, then put him in the owen for about 2 hours in 200C :)

No, that's a pickled Canadian... :p :

schmenke
7th May 2008, 18:51
I quite like Tomi's idea but Steak Canadian is just steak very thinly sliced. :) ...

Umm... 'round here a steak is a 2" thick Alberta rib-eye, medium rare on the BBQ :up: :D

GridGirl
7th May 2008, 21:58
Steak Canadian is more like 2mm thick and cooks in seconds.

I do plan on having my first BBQ of the year this weekend if the weather stays nice. Anyone got any other good BBQ recipes?

Daniel
7th May 2008, 22:00
T-bone steak on a charcoal fired Weber. Can't be beaten.

schmenke
7th May 2008, 22:13
Yeah, nothing beats charcoal :up:

Daniel
7th May 2008, 22:15
Bought some news tongs the other day. Short tongs on a big bbq equals well done hands. Think we might fire the Weber up in a few weeks time for a nice t-bone

veeten
7th May 2008, 22:56
Steak Canadian is more like 2mm thick and cooks in seconds.

I do plan on having my first BBQ of the year this weekend if the weather stays nice. Anyone got any other good BBQ recipes?

Weather's been nice so far. Looking forward to being outside, and doin' my impersonation of my grilling idol, Bobby Flay. :cool: :D

Brown, Jon Brow
7th May 2008, 23:05

Well i'm a butcher and i've never heard of it

maxu05
7th May 2008, 23:37
Home made Chinese dumplings tonight, with shredded potato and pork and some stir fried cabbage. Over here, we dip the dumplings in a mixture of 50% soy sauce and 50% vinegar, delicious. Mama is still not too sure about my Italian made Balsamic vinegar though.

dc10
8th May 2008, 15:40

Its very thin beef steak fried, served with fried onions in a bread 'teacake' or ovenbottom muffin - you might call them bread rolls or baps. Really quick, simple and delicious :)

dc10
8th May 2008, 15:42
Well i'm a butcher and i've never heard of it

They used to be popular served in Pubs as bar meals in 70's

veeten
19th May 2008, 22:09
stumped. :s

don't know what to make for dinner. :\

well, I'm watching food network for cooking ideas, some of which are really yummy. :lips: :)

http://www.foodnetwork.com/

schmenke
21st May 2008, 14:27
Pahsgetti last night ;) :D

veeten
30th July 2008, 03:02
but for tonight

Baked herb chicken

rice pilaf,

and seasoned veggies.

:lips: :)

schmenke
30th July 2008, 14:10
Last night I skoffed down a hotdog and a cold beverage on the back nine :D

veeten
30th July 2008, 23:19
Spaghetti /w meat sauce

tossed salad

Garlic bread

soda for the kids, and wine for the adults. :)

veeten
18th December 2008, 00:11
a perfect meal for a chilly night...

Beef Stew w/ biscuits. Mmmmm... :lips: :)

Tomi
18th December 2008, 00:29
fish lasagne, quite good

Easy Drifter
18th December 2008, 01:46
6 oz. Buffalo Burger seasoned with Cajun mix on a Onion Bun. Prefer whole wheat but local store out. Slices of onion. I haven't decided wether to fry them or raw. Sliced tomato. Maybe real old cheddar cheese. Not that sliced cheese product crap. I do not have any on hand but peameal bacon is great on both Buffalo and Elk.
Would love to BBQ but it is -12 and snowing. Plus Barbie is on back deck which has 2 to 3 feet of snow on it. At least I have a gas stove but have to use a pan.
Charcoal is better than propane (LG) or natural gas but nothing beats cooking over a real hardwood fire which when done right is almost charcoal.
Where I live now open fires are a no no.
My parents had a place with a large flat rock where we cooked with hardwood, usually maple. Sometimes apple or oak. Apple was good with pork. The smoke caused from the fat dripping added apple flavour.
When hunting or trout fishing always cooked with a hardwood fire.
Somehow cooking out in the woods with fresh fish or game even when it was snowing just seemed to add a little to the flavour. I am now too old and decript for that nonsense!!!!

Easy Drifter
18th December 2008, 01:54
Schmenke: Back nine? With Calgary weather you weren't golfing! Maybe the 19th hole. :D

PS. I am drinking Brandy with this meal.

Easy Drifter
18th December 2008, 02:11
How in Hades name did a piece of paper thin beef get called a Cdn. steak?
We would call that fast fry.
Even in two bit restaurants a steak has to be at least an inch thick or people complain.
A real Cdn. steak is 2 to 4 inches thick, especialy in the west. :vader:
Quite a few years ago at least one establishment in Edmonton had a 74 oz steak on the menu. If you could eat it and the side veggies and potatoe the meal was free. It actually was several full meals and about 4 16 0z steaks.
About 2 or 3 times a year it was done. The cowboys and oil field workers never suceeded. It was always a lumberjack.

schmenke
18th December 2008, 14:53
Schmenke: Back nine? With Calgary weather you weren't golfing! Maybe the 19th hole. :D ....

Wasn't snowing in July ;)

Had a couple bowl-fulls of chili last night. Perfect for this weather: keeps you warm all night long... :D :erm:

Looks like I won't be touching the BBQ for a while now... :(

Easy Drifter
18th December 2008, 19:26
Tonight's meal will be packaged Garden salad with sage and tarragon added. Dressing will be red vine vinegar and olive oil. Add sliced tomato on the side and fried onion. Meat will be Elk Sausage sliced lengthwise and just before it is removed from pan Oregano sprinkled into open side.
Orange Marmalade goes well with this but I am and not shopping till tomorrow.
Christmas dinner (yes it is coming) will be venison medallions wrapped in bacon. Not sure what else but probably pan fries and a salad.

veeten
12th November 2009, 00:09
Yes, it's back... :p :

for tonight, Meat Loaf, mashed potatoes (sour cream & chive flavored), and broccoli.

Mmmmmmm... :lips:

Easy Drifter
12th November 2009, 00:30
Raw Carrots, Radishes, Pan fried potato and Honey Garlic Elk Sausage. Will add a little honey to sausage just after they are put on plate.
Had a couple of feasts of Moose last week and hoping for some Bear next week.

J4MIE
12th November 2009, 00:44
Ahh not this thread again, it makes me hungry every time I look at it.......... :bigcry: