PDA

View Full Version : Impending breakup of Motorola

ChicagocrewIRL
27th March 2008, 20:59
With the looming breakup of Motorola in 2009, I wonder what this will do to their involvement in IndyCar and specifically AGR and Danica Patrick.

I have been trying to research the terms of their sponsorship package but have not come up with anything that tells of their long and short term financial and marketing involvement.

!!WALDO!!
27th March 2008, 21:29
With the looming breakup of Motorola in 2009, I wonder what this will do to their involvement in IndyCar and specifically AGR and Danica Patrick.

I have been trying to research the terms of their sponsorship package but have not come up with anything that tells of their long and short term financial and marketing involvement.

Was reading that in the Tribune this AM.

ChicagocrewIRL
28th March 2008, 00:56
All I know is, when Shell Oil bought out Pennzoil, they pulled Panther Racing's sponsorship and switched it to NASCAR. Sad

Phoenixent
28th March 2008, 04:06
Wasn't hers a three year contract which would end next year anyway?

I believe that is correct but would have to dig out the paper. It is not good for her sponsors. Argent still trying to keep above water with all the mortgage issues and now Motorola.

But on a brighter note the Motorola car gets more weight added this weekend. :D

DanicaFan
28th March 2008, 04:14
Wasn't hers a three year contract which would end next year anyway?
Yes, Danica signed a 21 million dollar, 3 year deal with Motorola (2007-2009). As for Argent, they are gone. They were bought out last year so they are no longer her sponsor which sucks because they have been with her for the long haul.

As for the weight in her car, wont matter. She will still win. :D

Phoenixent
28th March 2008, 04:28
As for the weight in her car, wont matter. She will still win. :D

You what I like about you DF? You stick to you Guns for your driver. Not many people do that. Dancia treated my daughters very nice at Long Beach the three times she was there and they are fans of her as well.

Your a True Fan. :up:

DanicaFan
28th March 2008, 04:38
You what I like about you DF? You stick to you Guns for your driver. Not many people do that. Dancia treated my daughters very nice at Long Beach the three times she was there and they are fans of her as well.

Your a True Fan. :up:
Thanks Phoenix. I will always support her whatever she does. She has always treated me very well and Ive met with her and talked to her many times. She also said she was impressed with my collection of her memorabilia. :D