PDA

View Full Version : Why is the pick'ems deadline so early?

45 Below
27th March 2008, 09:52
Wow, I just came back to the site after being away a few days only to find the pick'ems are already closed. I guess that puts me right out of contention before the season even began (not that I was a serious threat anyway).

COD
27th March 2008, 11:28
Damn, I also missed the Homestead deadline. Well, should visit here more often :D . I start my season in St.Petersburg then...

BoilerIMS
27th March 2008, 14:27
The deadline is early because a) This is an international forum and we operate according to GMT. b) I have to post the entire season's worth of pickems at the same time. Hence, Thursday at noon GMT represents a "compromise" among the entire season's worth of races. Sorry about that.... I've been bit myself in the past. Just remember, threads are up two weeks prior to a race and close on the thursday prior to a race.

45 Below
27th March 2008, 20:08
Thanks for the explanation. I appreciate it's a tough job to run a pick'ems - I just wish I had seen the sticky sooner.

Ah well - I guess I will have the challenge of seeing how far I can climb back through the field. I had worked my way into the top half dozen last year only to miss the deadline because of a Saturday race.

Watch your mirrors!!