PDA

View Full Version : Schumi to help shed McLaren fine

CNR
27th March 2008, 08:43
The seven times world champion, who quit in 2006, will form part of a five-man management committee for the worldwide Motor Sport Safety Development Fund.

http://www.wheels24.co.za/Wheels24/NewsPics/0,,1369-1375_2294894,00.html

ArrowsFA1
27th March 2008, 08:49
...the intention was to use the fund over the next five years to concentrate on three safety programmes for drivers, officials and facilities
Sounds a good thing :up: Does it really matter who is on the committee?

ioan
27th March 2008, 08:54
And, from the same source:

Other members of the committee are FIA president Max Mosley, former Ferrari team boss Jean Todt, Mercedes motorsport director Norbert Haug and Nick Craw who represents the national sporting associations.

So it's MS, J Todt, N Haug, N Craw and Max!

Ron must be a happy man his money is being handled by Max, MS and Todt! :rotflmao:

ShiftingGears
27th March 2008, 08:59
And, from the same source:

So it's MS, J Todt, N Haug, N Craw and Max!

Ron must be a happy man his money is being handled by Max, MS and Todt! :rotflmao:

:rolleyes:

Grow up! It's not like they're spending it on themselves.

Tazio
27th March 2008, 09:34
Sounds a good thing :up: Does it really matter who is on the committee?
I'd have an objection if Nigel Stepney was on the commitee!

AndyRAC
27th March 2008, 10:00

No, but they do leave themselves open sometimes. Why not representitives from WRC, WTCC, etc

Knock-on
27th March 2008, 10:12
It could be quite funny.

(Norbert)

"I disagree with this proposal"

(Max)

"Well, let's have a vote"

Vote result 3:2

(Max)

Well, I'm not very happy with such a close vote so Nick, if you ever want to replace me, I suggest we re-vote.

Vote result 4:1

:laugh:

Seriously though, Nick could be a good person on this outside the mainstream cut and thrust of F1, Schumy brings a lot of driver experience, Norbert and Todt make sense. I think that Max is the only person that is contentious.

bontebempo
27th March 2008, 10:39
Think they should preserve MS when he dies. Then they can wheel him on the podium to present the trophies.

ioan
27th March 2008, 11:46

:eek: What aren't they spending it on themselves?! Oh my, oh my! That must be the news of the day. Thanks for explaining it to us poor sod's too! :p :

ioan
27th March 2008, 11:49
Think they should preserve MS when he dies. Then they can wheel him on the podium to present the trophies.

Fousto's worse nightmare! :D