PDA

View Full Version : Team 48 withdraw from Brands Hatch

Marc W
26th March 2008, 18:07
Sadly Team 48 have had to pull out from Brands as they have been unable to get everything prepared in time. They plan be at the second round Rockingham with both cars and this will give them more time to prepare.

VkmSpouge
26th March 2008, 18:35
It is a shame though perhaps not a surprise. In the Autosport article it said

The team has blamed delays over the build of their second Alfa Romeo 156, which only arrived from A-Tech last week, after taking the decision on Wednesday afternoon.

That seems to imply the first Alfa is ready. Why not race just the one car and gain crucial experience? Of course maybe what the article implies is wrong.

Robinho
26th March 2008, 20:53
i got the impression from the media day reports that Brands was never a certainty anyway, i hope they get everything sorted in time for Rockingham

Marc W
26th March 2008, 20:55
It wasn't a certainty but every effort was made to get the cars ready to race but sadly things just couldn't be sorted in time. It was only finally decided this morning that they wouldn't be able to compete.

Les
26th March 2008, 20:55
I am sure they would rather get two cars built, tested and sort out all the rest of the garage, pits, hospitality etc and appear en masse at Rockingham rather than scrap for Brands Hatch

thompp
26th March 2008, 21:21
Sadly Team 48 have had to pull out from Brands as they have been unable to get everything prepared in time. They plan be at the second round Rockingham with both cars and this will give them more time to prepare.

D'oh

Marc W
26th March 2008, 22:17
I am sure they would rather get two cars built, tested and sort out all the rest of the garage, pits, hospitality etc and appear en masse at Rockingham rather than scrap for Brands Hatch

Exactly. you put that so much better than I did!