PDA

View Full Version : Wales Rally GB Changes Date

J4MIE
26th March 2008, 16:28
The FIA has approved a date change request by the organisers, and will now run on Thursday 4th December and Sunday 7th December.

This is because there is a rugby match the previous (scheduled) weekend and would have meant the Millennium stadium would have been unavailable.

http://walesrallygb.com/52_575.php?PHPSESSID=bb182e0c63fbd1fc8a919b2aff4ea f0a

N
26th March 2008, 17:10
oh no, can't run a rally without a stadium... :)
I don't mind the later date.

J4MIE
26th March 2008, 17:38
I think the main reason wasn't particularly the super special, but the stadium is used as RallyHQ for the event and a lot of the offices are used etc, which wouldn't have been able to be used.

N
26th March 2008, 20:10
ahh, I see, the first thing that came to my head was the super special inside the stadium, :)

J4MIE
27th March 2008, 02:25
ahh, I see, the first thing that came to my head was the super special inside the stadium, :)

Yes, me too :)

AndyRAC
27th March 2008, 08:40

Well it is the 'Showpiece' stage of the whole event, isn't it?... ;)

farquar wrc
27th March 2008, 09:06
I think the main reason wasn't particularly the super special, but the stadium is used as RallyHQ for the event and a lot of the offices are used etc, which wouldn't have been able to be used.
The real reason is it clashed with the Galloway Hills and Grizedale Rallies,thus no specys to rip off cause they will all be watching these to exellent rallies for free