PDA

View Full Version : PT and Bobby D!!

jimispeed
26th March 2008, 15:03
Two great drivers/personalities that deserve to be on the roster. Hey PT, I hope you can start your own team as owner/driver, and bring Robert with you!!

They would be great teammates!

There are some great drivers I was hoping to see in this "merger".

Hopefully we'll be seeing more of them soon!

nigelred5
26th March 2008, 21:23
do we know if Bobby D wants to go roundy-round? Stoddart and Minardi brought him with their sponsors because of the Assen race. I haven't heard a peep from him and I assume no Dutch race, no Dutch sponsors, no Doornbos. Too bad because he's a good driver and a good personality.

Marbles
27th March 2008, 00:58
Nobody calls him Doorknob anymore... and for good reason.

I really think Doornbos would be geat in this new mess. I had a whole new appreciation for him after last year. Doornbos and Tracy as teammates... wow! I think Doornbos would have the measure of present day Tracy but PT would have a few tricks (or chrome horns) left up his sleeve.

Hoop-98
27th March 2008, 03:24
I'd sure like to see them in the future.

rh

DBell
27th March 2008, 04:36
do we know if Bobby D wants to go roundy-round? Stoddart and Minardi brought him with their sponsors because of the Assen race. I haven't heard a peep from him and I assume no Dutch race, no Dutch sponsors, no Doornbos. Too bad because he's a good driver and a good personality.

I assume he had interest as he was one of the drivers at the unification ceremony. I believe I also saw him on Speed saying he wanted to be there. I think you nailed why he isn't here with the demise of the Assen race and his sponsors interest going with it. I'll bet the only chance that he would be back this year depended on Minardi coming back.

jimispeed
27th March 2008, 05:03
Well, Robert is one hell of a driver, and more than deserves a great ride. I wish PT and RD could be a team in Indycar this year.

Time and money will tell.

28th March 2008, 18:04
Well, Robert is one hell of a driver, and more than deserves a great ride. I wish PT and RD could be a team in Indycar this year.

Yes, sure! I'd love to see that happen.

Blazers20
30th March 2008, 06:05
Am I so far out of the loop by suggesting that Minardi and Forsythe join forces. They could continue racing, be technical partners (theoretically each could call the shots for his one-car team). I know Forsythe is in the business now of helping programs. Neither probably wants to waste their own money, but if they combined efforts they would reduce the financial risk and they would (have) benefit from the money that George was offering. I presume that it's too late for that to happen now since they did not start the season, but a little thinking outside the box might have been fruitful. I mean, if I was Paul Tracy and I wasn't racing, I'd be kinda ticked ...

nigelred5
30th March 2008, 18:38
Just my suspicion, but the fact that KK was listed as at least 50% owner of the Minardi team will put the kibosh on any sort of collaboration between FCR and Minardi. It appears that the Minardi deal was nothing more than PS bringing a driver and a budget to run a team owned by someone else(KK). From the various media reports, rumours, innuendo, etc. , I don't get the feeling that GF and KK are exactly seeing eye to eye. I may be totally off base with that, but I just don't get the feeling GF wants anything to do with Indycar at this point.

What about Paul teaming up with Tyler Tadevick now that he has reportedly bought out Figge from PCM? Maybe Paul should start thinking down the road and buying into some team ownership while transitioning from the cockpit to tue pit box, a-la Jimmy Vasser.

millencolin
31st March 2008, 05:24
What about Paul teaming up with Tyler Tadevick now that he has reportedly bought out Figge from PCM? Maybe Paul should start thinking down the road and buying into some team ownership while transitioning from the cockpit to tue pit box, a-la Jimmy Vasser.

What team though? lol conquest now needs a new partner :p :

nigelred5
31st March 2008, 18:45
They have to start somewhere. I realize ther eare no cars and likely little money, but they should be able to put something together. They are still running in Atlantics to stay busy, correct? They could probably parlay an indy ride into enough sponsorship to finish out the season. Of course PT is gonna need to get out there and bang on some doors if GF ever lets himout of his contract.

Last night on wind tunnel they put out the $7 to $8M dollar figure for a full season title sponsorship deal for a team. I do think that the combined series will be able to get more of the sponsorship deals together in this range if TV numbers climb a bit.