PDA

View Full Version : CMR2 Rally Argentina

jso1985
25th March 2008, 21:40
Round 4 of the championship, once again gravel, this time a more tricky one than the one faced in Mexico

The rally will be run with the following format:

Game Rally: Australia(normal mode)
Shakedown stage: SS10
Day 1: Single rally expert level
Day 2: Single rally intermediate level

Deadline for submissions is on Wednesday 2nd April 15:59 GMT.

For any question or doubt, ask it here! newcomers always welcome

Have fun and good luck!

tannat
26th March 2008, 03:43
We've done our homework on this one and are hoping for a really good finish.

If Suzuki Motorsports hopes to finish second this year, both me and Juha need to finish deep in the points....

Tannat

I am evil Homer
26th March 2008, 09:15
Well you'll have 4 quick Citroen's to beat ;) This event marks the first in our new Red Bull livery although unlike the teaser pics my car will be all blue apoart from a red flash on the bonnet for our sponser Total.

See here: http://www.zhaust.com/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=53557&private=0

Looking forward to this - been doing these stages for a while and finally feel more comfortable on them although I will admit that of all the stages in game these are definitely my weakest. Just need to score good points to keep in touch in the championship.

tannat
26th March 2008, 11:18
Well you'll have 4 quick Citroen's to beat ;)

For certain....
I have serious doubts if we can make it happen...

Funny-one glance at the front end of the C4 I I immediately thought late 90's Focus....

Juha
26th March 2008, 13:28

Can still do half a second off that time. :)

I am evil Homer
26th March 2008, 13:50
Had a quick blast around...the joys of working from home today :D

1:06.46
1:06.05
1:05.44
1:05.62
1:10.45....pushed way too hard and paid for it!

Set up was:

Gears:0
Susp: +2
Power: +2
Brakes: -1
Brake Power: 0
Steer: +2

tannat
26th March 2008, 14:28
Set up was:

Gears:0
Susp: +2
Power: +2
Brakes: -1
Brake Power: 0
Steer: +2

Mine is practically identical :up:

"Great minds think on the same channel" :D

pettersolberg29
26th March 2008, 20:50
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn158/pettersolberg29/this.jpg

1:08.75
1:04.96
1:07.92
1:06:98
1:07.67

Inconsistent times - lets just hope my 1:04.96 can be replicated in the rally!

As for setup, how can anyone use a Steering +2? It is so touchy any way!

I used:
Gears 0
Suspension +1
Power +1
Brakes 0
Brake Power 0
Steering 0

tannat
26th March 2008, 21:03
[quote="pettersolberg29"]

1:04.96 is quite fast PS29 :up:

I'm on PS1 with a wingpad (you are on PC w/keyboard, correct?). +2 isn't so fast on a PS1.

If I was on my PC with the wingpad I use -5 for EVERYTHING!!!!!

Marcel Haenen
26th March 2008, 21:39
1:04.96 is quite fast PS29 :up:

I'm on PS1 with a wingpad (you are on PC w/keyboard, correct?). +2 isn't so fast on a PS1.

If I was on my PC with the wingpad I use -5 for EVERYTHING!!!!!

I am on a PC and use +5 for steering on every rally! can't drive it when I have less sensitive steering. I need the extra steering angle :D

pettersolberg29
26th March 2008, 21:57
+5!!
How? :s

0 to -5 for me otherwise I swing wildly side-to-side!

And yes 1:04.96 was a PB by almost 4 secs at the time - my best drive probably on the whole game ever. I wish I knew how to save/record replays.

And what do people think of my Expert liveried Subaru? I like it but almost everyone I've asked says it is a bit ugly. Waddya think?

tannat
26th March 2008, 22:04
+5!!
How? :s

And what do people think of my Expert liveried Subaru? I like it but almost everyone I've asked says it is a bit ugly. Waddya think?

Marcell has a wheel-type of controller makes a big difference..

And I love the orange on the Subie :up:

Pawprint
26th March 2008, 22:26
This event marks the first in our new Red Bull livery

Looks like we're outa gas.....

pettersolberg29
26th March 2008, 22:27
Marcell has a wheel-type of controller makes a big difference..

And I love the orange on the Subie :up:

I'd love to have a wheel...

And thanks about the Subaru!

UKOG~Will
26th March 2008, 22:28
I wish I knew how to save/record replays.

To record, you can get a tool called Fraps... http://www.fraps.com

Like it :) :D

pettersolberg29
26th March 2008, 22:32
To record, you can get a tool called Fraps... http://www.fraps.com

Like it :) :D

Oh Ok - I'll record if I beat 1:05 again!

Thanks for your opinions about the Subi :)

Rat
27th March 2008, 07:49
Pawprint, what do you mean, 'we are out of gas!' You were given the max amount at team HQ...Get some more Reb Bull into ya..
Here's our times:
1:11.86
1:11.72
1:10.12
1:10.13
1:12.43 oops, hit some trees before the last gate.

Juha
27th March 2008, 09:54
My practising has just been cut short, I have to go to hospital Monday and might not be back before the deadline. I don't have time on Sunday or Monday so I'll have to do it in a hurry today or tomorrow. :(

tannat
27th March 2008, 11:17
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh15/tannatmadiran/Oz-10.jpg

1 07 22 (early am-just woke up)
1 06 84
1 06 82
1 06 22
1 05 05 :D

The 1:05 should have been a 1:04, but I ran wide onto the grass and lost serous revs

For the final run I made a change in my driving:
1) Did not allow the car to drift at all
2)Kept it as straight as possible (no slides)
3)The car became a 'hug monster' with a preference for the sides of raod leading and exiting turns, as well as the turn itself

Wtaching the replay I see places where I could still improve. It is almost like driving the lake stage on Sweden, and walking on eggshells. Speed demands technique and not necessarily a heavy right foot.

Be kind to the trees and best of luck to all

Tannat

cyborg_hun
27th March 2008, 17:25
My times are:

1:12,96 :-)
1:06,35
1:05,67
1:04,36

pettersolberg29
27th March 2008, 17:51
Had to go and beat me cyborg-hun :)

tannat
28th March 2008, 15:50
<SIGH> If only we could induce conditions as what is being experiencedin the real rally...

Rain...

Fog...

FUN!! :D

tannat
28th March 2008, 15:56
By the way jso1985

Your times last year on OzSS7 are smokin' :up:

jso1985
29th March 2008, 01:06
Well you'll have 4 quick Citroen's to beat ;) .

what? 4? Have I been replaced? :p even after I did that great PR drive with Maradona? :p

Thanks tannat! might a bit hard to repeat those times this year(did 2:58,xx on a practice run) as Australia and Finland where the only rallyes where I actually felt confortable driving the Impreza, now with the Focus we're a bit slower.

Everything's ok Juha? kinda worries me you're gonna be on a hospital for days

Rat
29th March 2008, 06:48
hey, get well buddy!

Juha
29th March 2008, 10:21
I'll be doing the rally today, if they don't bother me too much. :)

tannat
29th March 2008, 11:20
Thanks tannat! might a bit hard to repeat those times this year(did 2:58,xx on a practice run) as Australia and Finland where the only rallyes where I actually felt confortable driving the Impreza, now with the Focus we're a bit slower.

You and tricky surfaces......an enviable skill :up:

Juha
29th March 2008, 22:07
I've finished the rally. Was on the way to a record on stage 7 or 8, can't remember which one, fully comitted... and suddenly someone shouts that th "SOUP'S READY!!!" .. argh, f*ckn hbsygfhhhjezj, can't have it being disturbed and went off into the trees, missed it by a few seconds. :( Second try on day two, going well... noise coming from background again, I was on it this time though, paused it, told him to keep his macaroni away for 2 minutes and set the record. :p

Could have been faster, but not a bad drive. :)

Pawprint
30th March 2008, 14:55
erm, guys.... little problem.....

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=8022954175222120592&hl=en-GB

tannat
30th March 2008, 15:13
erm, guys.... little problem.....

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=8022954175222120592&hl=en-GB

hee hee-was this intentional? Isn't there a cheat 'invisible cars'?

Pawprint
30th March 2008, 18:10
No, It was a complete accident!!!! And I dont think there is a cheat.... :s

pettersolberg29
30th March 2008, 18:23
I'm doing the rally now - got at the break betwen the two days, and Day 1 went well.
I think I got great times on SS9 and SS10, although a roll on SS4 cost a bit of time and a lot of repair time!
I'm hoping to get a top 10, points would be a welcome bonus on my first event for Expert Sport WRT and only my second event ever!

Pawprint
30th March 2008, 20:51
Pawprint, what do you mean, 'we are out of gas!' You were given the max amount at team HQ...Get some more Reb Bull into ya..
Here's our times:
1:11.86
1:11.72
1:10.12
1:10.13
1:12.43 oops, hit some trees before the last gate.

1-12-96
1-11-50
1-10-90
1-10-66
1-10-62

Average...

Rat
31st March 2008, 09:08
good times Pawprint, glad you found the extra fuel left on the side of the stage...

I am evil Homer
31st March 2008, 10:39
Finished the rally last night after taking a break between days! We had another good run in the C4, car felt good and we set what felt like competitive times - set 1 PB on a stage on the first day.

Second day went well and I pushed hard but i'm not sure we've done enough to really challenge for a win. A podium result would be great, so let's see!

UKOG~Will
31st March 2008, 14:29
I've done a 1-10-68 in Shakedown with the Impreza so far.

pettersolberg29
31st March 2008, 17:12
Finished the second day and other than SS14, it was a disaster. My hopes of a top 10 are dashed, unless only 10 enter!

tannat
31st March 2008, 17:45
Finished the second day and other than SS14, it was a disaster. My hopes of a top 10 are dashed, unless only 10 enter!

Elendale is a viscious stage-you have our sympathies...

UKOG~Will
1st April 2008, 02:02
Will Completes Day One

Subaru World Rally Team's young British driver Will has completed day one of the 2008 Rally Argentina.

He gave us a report of his day's driving in the press conference in Cordoba earlier this evening.

"Overall today has been okay I suppose, only one massive drama and a couple of little things. Stage 2, we rolled onto our side on the section of the stage next to the railway line. I think the time we lost in SS2 we made up in SS3, totally flat out, mentally fast stage. SS4 I made a silly error, clipped one of the banks, damaging my gears. Stage 5 I still had my gearbox set up short and after repairing everything I had no time to change my gear settings, so ended up at only 110mph down the massive straight, which was very annoying. Little things mounted up to something massive, SS6 was quiet, SS7 we bumped a tree, but in SS8 we had a HUGE roll at the end of the straight, I'd fixed up my gears and we had rocketed down there at 150+mph. We turned in, and rolled around 5 or 6 times. Luckily we got the main components fixed for the final two stages which were quiet, easy drives. A good day's rallying."

Marcel Haenen
1st April 2008, 08:09
Is it a problem if I do the rally on wednesday evening and get it in before 23:59 GMT? I'll try to run it tonight, but I probably wopn't have enough time to finish it...

Rat
1st April 2008, 09:22
Is a home Rally supposed to be an advantage?
Day 1:
After setting some good times during practice, we just went haywire today. WHo else hit the gate posts on stage 2, we hit both sideways! Oh and some rocks..Stage 4 was going well until we went into the trees and bent everything, steering, wheels, body was a mess! Stage was worse with a high speed slide into the trees at 220kmh! Again, we bent more things on the car..On the return run on stage 8, coming off the tar we rolled at over 200kmh and just made service. Stage 10 we hit more trees after the mechanics did a great job 'restoring' the car. almost didnt make it out of the stage on time.
DAy 2:
Slower today, dunno why..hit some big rocks on stage 2 and spun, lost time. Slowly went faster during the day, but by not much. Hit trees again on stage 8.
Thanks to a fantastic Team who rebuilt the Toyota twice. Sorry to Pawprint for a rough performance and pinching his body panels.. This was a tough rally, I hope we can make ammends next time....

tannat
1st April 2008, 12:15
I sometimes try to give this championship a touch of realism by presenting real world FIA events in terms of our own little championship:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/66248

I'll say no more.... :rotflmao:

UKOG~Will
1st April 2008, 13:06
ROFLMFAO Tannat

tannat
1st April 2008, 14:31
ROFLMFAO Tannat

I have a feeling jso1985 will have the last laugh.

Not confident of my performance versus his on these stages...

J.Lindstroem
1st April 2008, 16:07
I won't be able to drive this rally since i have no computer with the game on. After my bad result in Mexico this is a complete disaster, i was really aiming to get into the top 3 in the overall results.

But this is life, now i have to start preparing for Jordan. Good luck in the rally everyone!

JTLarsen
1st April 2008, 16:07
I sometimes try to give this championship a touch of realism by presenting real world FIA events in terms of our own little championship:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/66248

I'll say no more.... :rotflmao:

I cannot say that I blame him!! There are far worse sexual tendencies than Nazi role plays, and I'll take my hat off to any man having a (and I quote) "sadomasochistic orgy with five prostitutes" at the age of 67! :D

So Tannat, who did you have in mind for the role of Mr Mosley? ;)

tannat
1st April 2008, 16:29
I

:D

Juha
1st April 2008, 19:11
I cannot say that I blame him!! There are far worse sexual tendencies than Nazi role plays, and I'll take my hat off to any man having a (and I quote) "sadomasochistic orgy with five prostitutes" at the age of 67! :D

OK, now we know where JSO got his injury from. :D

jso1985
1st April 2008, 20:45
Just for to clear facts, I'm not the FIA president, I'm just the WRC commisioner ;) :p , what my boss Mosley does is not my bussiness :p

Deadline has been extended to Wednesday 23:59 GMT

kabouter
1st April 2008, 21:52
Just for to clear facts, I'm not the FIA president, I'm just the WRC commisioner ;) :p , what my boss Mosley does is not my bussiness :p

Deadline has been extended to Wednesday 23:59 GMT

Which will hopefully allow me to compete as well :)

My team mate Magnus is again missing by the way. Some of the mechanics have been overheard gossiping he might be off to find five prostitutes to engage in certain role-playing games, but I think that kind of behaviour is reserved for really powerful people, and I'm not sure the president of Curtans RallyBase Motorsport falls into that category yet.

pettersolberg29
1st April 2008, 21:59
What is jso's email address?

tannat
1st April 2008, 22:06
[email:26s77fe4]javierso16@hotmail.com[/email:26s77fe4]

pettersolberg29
1st April 2008, 22:10
cheers tannat.

UKOG~Will
1st April 2008, 23:10
Looks like Mr Mosely's had a hard time

no pun intended

:p

steve0302
1st April 2008, 23:11
just finished the rally.
had a lot of practice beforehand for this one so hopefully will be getting up the leaderboard.
with the practice i used different setups to what i would of used originally but it works (i think)
can't wait for the results to see if i carried on the success from the brc shootout

good luck all

UKOG~Will
2nd April 2008, 01:37
Will Completes Rally Argentina

Subaru's Will has completed the second leg of the Rally Argentina. He had this to say in the press conference.

"I will say the rally was still tough going, but overall went better than yesterday, some runs we beat our Day 1 times, others we didn't. Stage 1 was practically perfect, fast run, very neat and tidy. SS2 we hit the level crossing which sent us sideways, and into a tree damaging our gears. Luckily we got these fixed for SS3, where we were constantly hitting the fences and tapping trees. SS4 is a tight, narrow stage and we used the banks to flip us round onto the road, like in a snow event. SS5 was with the straight, we fixed our damage and set the longest gear ratios, topping our Subaru out at 155mph down the straight. SS6 was on the edge, very fast run. SS7 we made a silly mistake and clipped a tree, but this heavily damaged our gears for the next stage. SS8 we rolled after hitting the NGK boards at the end of the straight. Tough day, but a good rally for us, we're hoping for a top 8."

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g161/willlloyd/1.jpg

Will, sideways over a bridge in Stage 6.

jso1985
2nd April 2008, 02:27
better send your timecards to [email:dczddk4j]jso_1985@yahoo.com[/email:dczddk4j]
my hotmail kinda "loses" some e-mails from time to time.
from my hotmail account I got PS29 and Will's timecards, so no worries both of you

Rat
2nd April 2008, 04:48
shall do, they will be sent tonight(Australia time)

Zes
2nd April 2008, 10:10
Zes has completed Argentina. Because finishing out of points in last two races I fired my my co-driver (bye bye Nicky) and found a new finnish speaking co-driver from the internet. It was much easier to follow the pacenotes when they are in my own language. I set a bunch of PB's, so I am looking forward to score few points here. My team mate Tuomo had flu and he was too tired to compete this time.

UKOG~Will
2nd April 2008, 11:15
Hope Tuomo is well soon.

Rat
2nd April 2008, 11:18
Jso, You have an email, sorry for the stuff up.

NOR
2nd April 2008, 11:33
I will use the deadline extension. Not able to do rally before evening.

Zes
2nd April 2008, 12:25
Hope Tuomo is well soon.

Thanks Will! I am sure he will be OK in couple of days.

Pawprint
2nd April 2008, 17:05

I might also...... Things are on their way, though.

Magnus
2nd April 2008, 17:17
Well, the "first driver" of Curtans rallyBase Motorsport has once again been very busy. He is at this very monent arguing with his mechs, but will very soon enter the stages!

Ramore
2nd April 2008, 19:37

I will also try to do the rally before the deadline, but first I have to prepare quite tough presentation for tomorrow. It will be a good mind practice before the rally.

tannat
2nd April 2008, 21:38
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh15/tannatmadiran/Fabia.jpg

Our rally was good-no adverse weather and no bumbling errors. Two days of cood clean consistent drives, no doubt helped in part by our extensive recce. We played it cool and did 'smart speed' rather than ouright brashness to get our times. It was a worry-free two days, and it was comforting not having to let it all hang out in pursuit of a few tenths.

A top 6 would be nice, but I think that beyond the fast three (Marcel, Homer, cyborg) there will be much competition for the remaining points positions..

Off to board a plane for the Pirelli International Rally :D

Magnus
2nd April 2008, 22:08
magnus is reported to have serious problems. According to Curtan Rallybase most eratic driver there is again some problem with the windscreen; everything all of a sudden goes blank and he doesn´t see anything. At the same time the ECU shuts down, and he has to reset the cars systems. Magnus more and more feels like he is the Petter solberg och the Colin McRae " Championships 2008 and is feeling that frustration is building up in new previously unknown formations... He won´t give up though!

He also wants to say that he is very sorry that he is letting Kabouter carry the proud name of Curtans Rallybase Motorsport by himself for this rally aswell, and hope he can make it up in some way in the future.
Magnus will now stay in Argentina for a few days of testing, an hopefuly will be able to try out a new ECU. Til next rally: the best to you all!

kabouter
2nd April 2008, 22:23
I just finished carrying the proud name of Curtans RallyBase Motorsport by myself for the second rally running ;)

After some trouble finding a good rhythm on the first stages it went quite well. I even set a personal best time on the feared SS 7 feeling very pleased with my driving, but then I threw it all away on wet gravel on the next stage doing some damage to trees and the car... Service wasn't long enough to fix everything so the driving on the last two stages was a bit compromised as well. I got nowhere near my best shakedown time (1.06,84) on SS 10.

The second day had a slightly better start than the first one, but also on this day I lost time near the end. After the joy of SS 7 there was the disappointment on SS 17 when Ellendale hit back and twice a tree crossed the road in front of my car (it must have been that, they weren't there on the first run, I'm sure!).

After getting my first top 10 stage time in Mexico I'm hoping there will be more of those in Argentina. But the competition is strong and I've still got a lot to learn.

I hope our inspirational team leader Magnus won't have any more electrical problems. If he wants, he can have some of my mechanics in preparation for Rally Jordan, our next CMR2WC assignment.

Marcel Haenen
3rd April 2008, 08:34
Marcel finished rally Argentina. This was one hell of a ride. Due to a lack of time, we had no practice on these stages prior to the event. Nevertheless the pace and the balance in the car was pretty good. Beside loosing several seconds with smaller (and some bigger) mistakes the result was pretty good, considering the lack of practice. Hopefully we will have less problems next rally and do some recceing.

cyborg_hun
3rd April 2008, 11:00
I'm not satisfied with my performance in argentina, i think, the 4-5 runs on shakedown wasn't enough.
I could do this better if i have found a good rhythm.

I'm a bit disappointed, because i like the australian stages, but this time i was far from my best form.

Good Luck To everyone!

I am evil Homer
3rd April 2008, 12:16
Yep these stages definitely need a recce for maximum speed - seems like everyone found this a real challenge.

pettersolberg29
3rd April 2008, 16:50
When was the deadline?

I'm asking because I'm wondering when we'll get the results?

Pawprint
3rd April 2008, 17:07
Im afraid I may not get this rally done, I know the deadline has passed, but there has been so much going on, I'll see what happens. Sorry Rat.

tannat
3rd April 2008, 17:39
When was the deadline?

I'm asking because I'm wondering when we'll get the results?

I'd check late evening your time, PS29.

Our organizer is exiled in Bolivia......

I should add "and a student"

kabouter
3rd April 2008, 19:27
I should add "and a student"

Do I spot some studentism there? ;) We students are almost normal people, you know...

Reading the comments of the three top level drivers Marcel, cyborg and Homer I feel a bit better about my own mistake-filled effort. Apparently this is a tricky event even for the most accomplished CMR2 drivers. And the next championship rally is using the same stages :D

tannat
3rd April 2008, 19:31
Do I spot some studentism there? ;) We students are almost normal people, you know...

Reading the comments of the three top level drivers Marcel, cyborg and Homer I feel a bit better about my own mistake-filled effort. Apparently this is a tricky event even for the most accomplished CMR2 drivers. And the next championship rally is using the same stages :D

Oh no-just implying he's a very busy guy, and not implying the delay is simply a function of his geographical location (many time zones apart from Europe) but also perhaps due in part to his student status

Actually, the delay is due to his statsus of being a lazy-ass :laugh:

tannat
3rd April 2008, 19:39
Since all of us are sitting here waiting do you want to share steups used on this rally?

Gearbox 0 or +1
Suspension +2
Brake Bias -3
Steering +3
Brakes +3

pettersolberg29
3rd April 2008, 19:44
I'm a student too so I know what you mean!

My setting was:
Gearbox +1
Suspension +2
Brake Bias 0
Steering +1
Brakes 0

kabouter
3rd April 2008, 19:45
Gearbox 0 or +1
Suspension -2
Power ratio -1
Brake Bias -2
Brakes -1
Steering +2

Completely different suspension setup from Tannat...

tannat
3rd April 2008, 19:47
Gearbox 0 or +1
Suspension -2
Power ratio -1
Brake Bias -2
Brakes -1
Steering +2

Completely different suspension setup from Tannat...

If I focus too much on suspension hardness I eventually go in circles. I started my recce with +2, it worked, and I didn't fool with it...

kabouter
3rd April 2008, 19:55
If I focus too much on suspension hardness I eventually go in circles. I started my recce with +2, it worked, and I didn't fool with it...

I started recce also with +2 (because it worked well in Mexico), couldn't control the car at all, changed to -3 and suddenly was able to keep the car on the road. But now I know the stages a bit better I'll try again with +2 in preparation for Jordan, and see how much difference it makes.

cyborg_hun
3rd April 2008, 20:06
Oh, i forgot

My setup was:

Gearbox 0 or +1
Suspension 0
Power ratio +1
Brake Bias 0 or -1
Brakes ratio 0
Steering +2

tannat
3rd April 2008, 20:23
I started recce also with +2 (because it worked well in Mexico), couldn't control the car at all, changed to -3 and suddenly was able to keep the car on the road. But now I know the stages a bit better I'll try again with +2 in preparation for Jordan, and see how much difference it makes.

I'm PS1, are you PC?

kabouter
3rd April 2008, 20:40
I'm PS1, are you PC?

Yes, PC with keyboard (and manual gearbox). I wonder how much the difference in handling (and therefore in useable setups) is between the two systems. As you have the game for both maybe you can enlighten us a little. And I'm also curious how much one's driving style influences the setup that works best on a certain stage.

tannat
3rd April 2008, 20:46
Yes, PC with keyboard (and manual gearbox). I wonder how much the difference in handling (and therefore in useable setups) is between the two systems. As you have the game for both maybe you can enlighten us a little. And I'm also curious how much one's driving style influences the setup that works best on a certain stage.

VAST difference in my opinion...

Far better turn in on the PC, although my wingpad for the PC seems a bit goofy. I need to learn to keyboard.

I believe the PC is more sensitive to setup adjustment but really haven't explored it enough to tell

jso1985
4th April 2008, 03:44
WARNING! post below this one might be spoilers

stage-by stage results can be seen now at: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/cmr2wc/files/

enjoy!

jso1985
4th April 2008, 03:53
1.- Marcel Haenen ML Motorsports Citroën 41:10,16
2.- I am evil Homer Red Bull Citroën Total Sport 41:17,46
3.- Steve0302 ARB Racers 42:49,73
4.- Cyborg_hun ML Motorsports Citroën 43:01,58
5.- NOR Two Basses Team Ford Europe 43:10,22
6.- Tannat Suzuki Motorsport 43:21,72
7.- Juha Suzuki Motorsport 43:33,31
8.- PetterSolberg29 Expert Sport WRT 43:44,29
9.- Jso1985 Red Bull Citroën Total Sport 43:45,59
10.- Zes Peugeot Sport Finland 44:23,48
11.- Kabouter Curtans RallyBase Motorsports 45:24,89
12.- JTLarsen Two Basses Team Ford Europe 46:13,46
13.- Will Subaru World Rally Team 46:48,01
14.- Rat Red Bull Toyota 49:54,70

Drivers Standings
1.- Marcel Haenen 38 points
2.- I Am Evil Homer 32
3.- Cyborg_hun 17
4.- Juha 14
5.- Tannat 12
6.- NOR 11
7.- J.Lindstroem 10
8.- Ramore 8
9.- Steve0302 6
10.- Zes 4
11.- JTLarsen 2
12.- Jso1985 1
13.- PetterSolberg29 1

Team Standings
1.- ML Motorsports Citroën 55
2.- Red Bull Citroën Total Sport 33
3.- Suzuki Motorsport 26
4.- Two Basses Team Ford Europe 13
5.- Frozz Motors Europe 10
6.- Subaru World Rally Team 8
7.- ARB Racers 6
8.- Peugeot Sport Finland 4
9.- Expert Sport WRT 1

Thanks for participating, see you in Jordan!

pettersolberg29
4th April 2008, 09:22
YES!

A point in my second event! Sorry jso - good battle though!

And well done to Steve0302 finally someone managing to break through onto the podium. ;)

pettersolberg29
4th April 2008, 09:27
And two top 3 stage times - looks good for Jordan!

I am evil Homer
4th April 2008, 11:08
Wow great result...then I look at the stage breakdowns and were it not for a particular stage or two where I lost time I could maybe have got the win!! Ha ha...going from so happy to annoyed with a few clicks of a spreadsheet!!!

Congrats to Marcel again for an amazingly fast and consistent run :up:

My set up was

Gearbox +1
Suspension +2
Brake Bias -1
Steering +2
Brakes -1

But I might try a softer/neutral suspension set up for Jordan and see if I can't claw back some of that lost time on certain stages and see if we can go for the win!

tannat
4th April 2008, 12:38
Pleased with 6th. Without our intensive recce we'd have been out of the points.

Good run for Juha on a rushed submission (wasn't it). Suzuki now a solid third in the teams championship :up:

Cheers to Steve on a fine finish-looks as if the Ford is working now :D

Sorry Ramore, J Lindstroem and Paws couldn't make it. Hope to see a stronger field in Jordan....

Juha
4th April 2008, 15:05
Could have beat you with more practice. :)

UKOG~Will
4th April 2008, 15:06
Oh......dear........ :(

kabouter
4th April 2008, 15:38
Mixed feelings for the sole Curtans RallyBase Motorsport representative in Argentina.

Driver kabouter says: "Of course I am delighted with my best ever result of 11th in the CMR2WC, which also equals the best result for Curtans RallyBase Motorsport in its short history. I managed a few top 10 stage times, but the gap to the points scoring positions is still very large. I need to be much more consistent throughout a whole event, I'm still making too many mistakes to be truly competitive. In Jordan our team leader Magnus will be back, and I'm certain he's going to give it his all to achieve our team's first top 10 result."

Oh, Jso, my car is a Peugeot 206, not a Peugot as is written in the results ;)

tannat
4th April 2008, 15:44
Could have beat you with more practice. :)

I believe you are correct...

I had a feeling our team would have something of a mid 90's Sainz-McRae-Subaryu feel about it.... :laugh:

GO TEAM! :D

kabouter
4th April 2008, 16:40
I took a look at last year's event that was using the in-game Australia stages, Rally Portugal 2007. And I noticed that the total time that brought Tannat 5th overall back then, wouldn't have been enough to reach the top 10 this time! So not only are there more competitors than last year at this stage of the year (usually 8-10 drivers last year after round 3, still 14 taking part in the 4th round this year), it looks like also the mid-field is performing better. The times of the top guys are still comparable to 2007, but behind the top 3 or 4 it's certainly a lot tougher than last year.

tannat
4th April 2008, 16:50
I took a look at last year's event that was using the in-game Australia stages, Rally Portugal 2007. And I noticed that the total time that brought Tannat 5th overall back then, wouldn't have been enough to reach the top 10 this time! So not only are there more competitors than last year at this stage of the year (usually 8-10 drivers last year after round 3, still 14 taking part in the 4th round this year), it looks like also the mid-field is performing better. The times of the top guys are still comparable to 2007, but behind the top 3 or 4 it's certainly a lot tougher than last year.

Be certain to read the text of last years "oz"

I had a torrid rally-WAY off the pace, a roll even, and totally no recce-purely a jump in and drive affair..

This year I recce'd practically every day from the conclusion of Mexico until the event

Different mindset this year to last year. Last year was a no stress year complicated by commitments to other forum championships.

This year-total uncompromised commitment :devil:

kabouter
4th April 2008, 17:13
Which just makes my point even stronger. Last year you were off the pace and that terrible drive gave you 5th overall. This year you did a lot of recce, were totally committed and finished 6th, with three others close behind. People have to fight for every point this year!

tannat
4th April 2008, 18:02
Which just makes my point even stronger. Last year you were off the pace and that terrible drive gave you 5th overall. This year you did a lot of recce, were totally committed and finished 6th, with three others close behind. People have to fight for every point this year!

Ok-now I follow you. You are absolutely correct.

You'll note really low numbers throughout last year (which explains my 2nd at New Zealand :D ).

Indeed, very strong midfield, and with Steve up to speed it looks as if the fast 4 has been reestablished with new members..

cyborg_hun
4th April 2008, 18:08
Congrat Guys! ...and especially to my team mate :)

Marcel and Evil Homer space times again :)

Very close fight from 3rd place. Next time i'll try to cacth the podium.

steve0302
4th April 2008, 18:59
thanks guys for the comments
realy enjoyed this rally and i just kew i would e quick
the subaru really likes the loose and with all the practice got some good times there
hopefully more to come in the rest of the season
ps29 you set some good quick times in there too. well done

tannat
4th April 2008, 20:55
the subaru really likes the loose and with all the practice got some good times there

OOPS! My bad-Subie, not Ford.

Cheers on the good drive Steve :up:

Rat
5th April 2008, 11:33
Sorry to be a pain, but is Rally Jordan Australia 'mirrored' or normal direction?

tannat
5th April 2008, 12:50
Sorry to be a pain, but is Rally Jordan Australia 'mirrored' or normal direction?

Mirrored

Cheers rat :up:

Rat
5th April 2008, 13:01
Thanks Tannat. I've lost Excell and have to find my copy of Windows to re-install. Can't open any excell progs at all...

jso1985
6th April 2008, 23:44
Jso1985's statement after the rally:

"Let's just say with nice words that I'm "dissapointed" that a slide that led to hitting a tree in SS18 costed us our 8th place we held for most of the rally
I hope things go better in Jordan"

Frozzy
7th April 2008, 13:21
sorry guys i missed Argentina but hopefully i should be back rallying in Jordan