PDA

View Full Version : Healthy diet?

leopard
25th March 2008, 03:00
Another story in complying with career requirement, an Indian actress Bebo have to go on strict diet to lose some weight. How can we categorize a healthy diet once she changes her lunch menu to a glass of orange juice?

As the result, during the shooting of the film she collapsed. I think definition of healthy diet is preventing from over abundant of fat, sugar, etc that on the other hand we will gain benefit from it.

Besides, personally I prefer Kareena with more weight to that tiny looks.

http://www.topnews.in/i-told-bebo-stop-diet-business-says-randhir-kapoor-225590

maxu05
25th March 2008, 04:39
I think a balanced diet is the way to go, perhaps a pizza in each hand :D But seriously, a bit of dairy, some bread, some veges and some meat, (or,if you are a vege) some tofu, lentils or kidney beans etc and some fruit every day is a good healthy balance. It's no good to just stop eating, it makes you weak and tired. A short workout each day and good food will see you right IMO.

Mark
25th March 2008, 10:48
A diet to lose weight is not necessarily the same thing as a healthy diet, and slimming should not be seen as the same as health consious, although quite often both go hand in hand.

maxu05
25th March 2008, 11:32
Many girls/ladies that I know, start exercising to lose some weight and tone up the body. The big mistake is using scales. As you get fitter from working out, your body tones up, but you gain weight as muscle weighs more than fat. I knew one such lady that was a little chubby. She worked out and ate right for 3 months. After 3 months, she looked great, and her skin looked much healthier, she had lots of energy, then, she jumped on the scales and found out she had lost only 2 kilo's. She was depressed by this, and gave up dieting. Shame, as she was eating healthy food, and looking great until then. She has now put on an extra 6 kilo's and looks so unhealthy now.

Garry Walker
3rd April 2008, 18:53
Many girls/ladies that I know, start exercising to lose some weight and tone up the body. The big mistake is using scales. As you get fitter from working out, your body tones up, but you gain weight as muscle weighs more than fat. I knew one such lady that was a little chubby. She worked out and ate right for 3 months. After 3 months, she looked great, and her skin looked much healthier, she had lots of energy, then, she jumped on the scales and found out she had lost only 2 kilo's. She was depressed by this, and gave up dieting. Shame, as she was eating healthy food, and looking great until then. She has now put on an extra 6 kilo's and looks so unhealthy now.

Exactly.

I weigh far more now than I did at 18-19 and it is because I have bulked up massively due to weight-training.

Healthy diet for me consists of whatever I want to eat, whenever I want to eat.

leopard
4th April 2008, 07:35
I think the best way to live this life is to do anything naturally, make sure that we do not overeat and only eat healthy food that has the right proportion.

Having a strict diet or taking extra exercise to burn some fat isn't always good as it sounds. Human by its nature have tendency to be older to have more weight.