PDA

View Full Version : Craig Gore Comments.

!!WALDO!!
24th March 2008, 18:58
For what it is worth.

tbyars
24th March 2008, 19:25
Just read that elsewhere. That is quite a response. These guys are NOT happy with each other.

Kind of makes me wonder if Derrick's decision to not run in the ICS isn't related to not wanting to be anywhere NEAR where Gore is hanging out.

JSH
24th March 2008, 19:29
So... It almost sounds like Walker and Gore falling out was the final impetus for CCWS closing down.

nigelred5
25th March 2008, 01:23
Well, there certainly doesn't look like there as any way we were going to see the two competing together anywhere this year, merger or not.

Where's the popcorn smilie when you need it ;)

TU Homer
25th March 2008, 01:54
Just read that elsewhere. That is quite a response. These guys are NOT happy with each other.

Kind of makes me wonder if Derrick's decision to not run in the ICS isn't related to not wanting to be anywhere NEAR where Gore is hanging out.

You mean, as opposed to what Derrick actually said?

Dr. Krogshöj
25th March 2008, 06:43
Where are the comments?

mikiec
25th March 2008, 11:13
Where are the comments?

Last edited by Starter : 24th Mar 08 at 20:06.

I'm interested to know what Gore said that needed to be edited out by the moderators. :(

Chris R
25th March 2008, 11:18
I'm interested to know what Gore said that needed to be edited out by the moderators. :(

me too, last I checked, it was a link to a news story, what's up with that?

tbyars
25th March 2008, 11:39
I'm sure it has to do with the fact that the links went to folks who aren't partners here. That's a forum "rule" around here that is enforced, well, "sporadically" depending on....well.....just depending. Doesn't seem to matter that the statement is pretty important to the discussion here.

jeffconn
25th March 2008, 11:48
This news story/blog post?
(Sorry, this link is out too. See my post a just down from this one for the reason.) (http://www.fastmachines.com/irl/craig-gore-fires-back-at-derrick-walker/)
Starter

Chris R
25th March 2008, 12:10
thanks - for re=posting that link/a link -

seems there is more than one side to the story. Even if you discount most of what either side has said it comes down to a business deal gone amok and I am not sure there is an unbalanced amount of finger pointing to be done (i.e. Gore is likely not as slimely as he first appeared ) Of greater interest is the apparent fact that KK had a big hand in this - makes you wonder if most of the teams had some sort of relationship like that and it shows how un-sustainable the underlying business model really was. Again, if what Gore is saying has any credence - Champcar never had a real chance from day one - you can't self-fund an entire series from the teams all the way up to race promotion and expect anything other than a welfare state sort of existence. Eventually it has to implode under the weight of its unsustainable economics unless they happened to find oil under Champcar headquarters........

interesting stuff - I commend GF & KK for giving it the old college try and if this is the way it was, I cannot fault them for throwing in the towel...

jeffconn
25th March 2008, 12:27
It was a kink to a competing forum, which is expressly forbidden by this forum's rules. I've since found out, via PM with !!WALDO!!, that it (the other forum) referenced an Indystar article. Perhaps he could repost that if he wishes. Should someone else find it you CAN post a link to a publication.

Well, that's just plain silly. Anyhoo, anyone who wants to find out what Gore said, just do a search on GoogleNews or YahooNews for "Craig Gore". The full statement is on a few websites, and i'm not going to bother looking to see who MF's partners are.

Crapwagons4Ever
25th March 2008, 14:52
I assume you didn't bother to read the user agreement when you signed on?
:p

I just went back and of course can see that moderators obviously have the right to edit posts etc.. which is of course understandable. But I don't see anything about specific partner sites. Could you enlighten me on this? It strikes me as extremely strange to moderate where people link, unless they are linking to malicious/offensive/inappropriate content.

Crapwagons4Ever
25th March 2008, 15:41
It's always been the case here. Motorsport, AR1, RallyForum, BTCC Pages and others are the partners. They get part of their revenue (costs money to keep these places up) from advertising, so therefor don't want other sites linked.

So if I link to a motorsports article that is not on those sites, I can expect it to be deleted?

!!WALDO!!
25th March 2008, 17:11
I understood after you pointed it out. I guess there are those looking for black helicopters.

SarahFan
25th March 2008, 17:12
has anyone not read the response?

is it OK to post the actual story without a link?

TU Homer
25th March 2008, 17:30
So if I link to a motorsports article that is not on those sites, I can expect it to be deleted?
Why are you arguing this point? Either comply or leave.

weeflyonthewall
26th March 2008, 01:45
Defeats the purpose. Typical shill response = "LINK PLEASE!"

Crapwagons4Ever
26th March 2008, 06:36
I understood after you pointed it out. I guess there are those looking for black helicopters.

Waldo, remember in this thread (http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125418&page=4), where I gave my impresion about your tone, and you asked for a link to an example of where you were coming off wrong? In the above discussion, I heard about a policy I had not heard about and asked for a clarification--- for you to come and post that that:

A. YOU understood it right away
B. It is a waste of time for me to be asking for for a clarification, insuiating that I am looking for some sort of conspiricy

this is the sort of tone issue that I was referrring to.. I can't figuire out if your are this intentionally rude, or if it is some sort of Asperger Syndrome thing going on...

!!WALDO!!
26th March 2008, 23:33
Waldo, remember in this thread (http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125418&page=4), where I gave my impresion about your tone, and you asked for a link to an example of where you were coming off wrong? In the above discussion, I heard about a policy I had not heard about and asked for a clarification--- for you to come and post that that:

A. YOU understood it right away
B. It is a waste of time for me to be asking for for a clarification, insuiating that I am looking for some sort of conspiricy

this is the sort of tone issue that I was referrring to.. I can't figuire out if your are this intentionally rude, or if it is some sort of Asperger Syndrome thing going on...

Starter took down my link. I was just commenting how others were looking for conspiricy.

I thought it was too bad because this was Gore defending himself against the stuff thrown out.

!!WALDO!!
28th March 2008, 20:12
http://www.moreongore.blogspot.com/

http://www.fastmachines.com/irl/craig-gore-fires-back-at-derrick-walker/
Here is where I got it.
http://beta.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=PluckForum&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3adb3f8cfb-fbf2-46a8-9949-2d94e2faab75Forum%3a5b5a0422-10b5-49cc-8618-b785b93f08b1Discussion%3a314e6e17-c29c-45ef-8545-edf64f91b6df