PDA

View Full Version : Let's try to bring ourselves a little closer as fans.....

jimispeed
22nd March 2008, 19:43
1. Everyone get off the "who won" BS!!

2. Indycar has the opportunity to retain open wheel and all of its heritage, and should fully embrace it!!

Bring all open wheel fans along for the ride!

3. The Borg Werner Trophy, and The Vanderbilt Cup deserve to be embraced in this series, for the sake of history alone.

4. We all know that a car doesn't have to be ugly in order to run on street/road courses, and ovals.

The Lola of the year 2000 was a great example of that. Maybe the DP01 will eventually get the chance to be tested on an oval to prove its worth!!

Open wheel has always been the best racing that anyone can experience IMO.

I for one will try to watch Indycar, since it is the only American series that remains.

But, I won't spend my hard earned dollar at the track to experience what Indycar offers at the moment.

I will complain about what I believe could be improved on, and I will try to make sure that TG will embrace Champcars' heritage and include it as a part of Indycar!!

I personally hope that Indycar will be in my blood as much as Champcar was since 1979. And, I'll do my best to make sure I get the performance and competition that I and my fellow fans deserve to see!!

IMO of course..

!!WALDO!!
22nd March 2008, 20:19

Nobody won, espescially people like me. I lost when teams left CART and came over. So I got over it in 2002.

2. Indycar has the opportunity to retain open wheel and all of its heritage, and should fully embrace it!!

You mean like the CCWS embraced Ted Horn and his three straight titles. How many races did Ted Horn race in CART. At Chicago once a friend of mine was asked by Chipster to bring out his collection of Champ Cars going back to 1910 for the first race at the paperclip. CART told him to go home they didn't want that junk there. Embracing history, go to the IMS museum. There is history, where is the CART/CCWS version of that?

3. The Borg Werner Trophy, and The Vanderbilt Cup deserve to be embraced in this series, for the sake of history alone.

WARNER. The Vanderbilt Cup was property of the RCCA for years longer than CART had it. Too bad, for something they needed to validate their US 500 they took from real racers. My suggestion is not use if or the National Champion but for an outstanding performance between let us say 4 races, Indianapolis, Milwaukee, Sonoma and Belle Isle.

4. We all know that a car doesn't have to be ugly in order to run on street/road courses, and ovals.

Back to ugly cars again. Want to build a bridge then stop that.

The Lola of the year 2000 was a great example of that. Maybe the DP01 will eventually get the chance to be tested on an oval to prove its worth!!

Maybe $200,000 to the Japanese. The DP01 after Long Beach is done. Please, please, please deal with it. It was only a good car because it raced in the CCWS, it was only beautiful because it ran in the CCWS. Otherwise it was nothing except a bunch of pieces that came from the Panoz IRL cars.

Since I can't talk about my vast experience I have seen better in the IRL than any other series, but I bet you would consider that contrived.

I for one will try to watch Indycar, since it is the only American series that remains.

Good

But, I won't spend my hard earned dollar at the track to experience what Indycar offers at the moment.

How many hard earned $$$ did you spend on the other American Series?
Over my years at least $20,000

I will complain about what I believe could be improved on, and I will try to make sure that TG will embrace Champcars' heritage and include it as a part of Indycar!!

Again, what heritage? The record of races are public. You mean to do business like CART and CCWS? That is truly their heritage.

I personally hope that Indycar will be in my blood as much as Champcar was since 1979. And, I'll do my best to make sure I get the performance and competition that I and my fellow fans deserve to see!!

IMO of course..

I was there in 1979 and CHAMPIONSHIP AUTO RACING TEAMS was a long ways from Champ Cars. Until 2004 they were considered CART CARS. Champ Cars raced on Dirt.
That statement tells me a lot. Again I cannot comment on my knowledge about my statement but I was in a position to know for the first 15 years of CART.

Other wise a good rant---IMO of course.

IWUTitan90
22nd March 2008, 20:49

IMO of course..

1. Get off the "we lost but everyone please PLEASE pay attention to us" BS!!

Bring all open wheel fans along for the ride!

Everything else in your post is a total contridiction to this.

The "ugly car" comment doesn't deserve to be justified for the millionth time.
You'll "try" to watch.
You "won't" spend your money to attend/support it.
It's Borg Warner
Who won the Vanderbilt Cup in 1979,? 1984,? 1989,? 1992???? It has no history for the 60 years it sat dormant until it was drug out to be presented to the winner of the 1996 US 500, an OVAL race. If someone in the ICS sees a reason to utilize it, great, if not, it's hardly the end of the world. It's a trophy. Dust off the PPG Cup and the series sponsorship and the MONEY that went with it, if you want to bring back a trophy. THAT is what is needed.

Before you jump on my post count, know that I used to post here years ago, and have watched from the sidelines since. I'm not some nube with an ax to grind, I've been attending races since 1974, USAC, CART and IRL, regardless of politics. One of the best days I have ever spent at a racetrack was at Nazareth, sitting next to a IRL "hater", with me in my "Indianapolis 500" jacket. WE watched a race, together, trading stories, and met in the parking lot and had a few beers and traded more stories. The POLITICS never mattered.

In short, if you truley believe this:

Drop the pre-concieved notion that YOUR way is the only way it can be, experience it and enjoy it.

Come to Indy, Milwaukee, Iowa, Mid-Ohio or Chicagoland, I'll be there, I'll buy, whatdaya say, racefan????? :beer: :love:

jimispeed
22nd March 2008, 20:53
OK guys,

Thanks for the bonding experience, and the honest way of saying I'm not welcome in Indycar.

Sorry about the little Warner/Werner typo......my mistake.

I quit....

Lousada
22nd March 2008, 21:04
Hilarious thread :D
Some people are just too predictable :p :

jarrambide
22nd March 2008, 21:10
I told everyone a few weeks ago that any thread with "I Quit", I'm gone", "We won", "We lost", "Us", "Them", "I´m not planning on supporting the new series", etc, etc, etc, would be close, I´m closing this thread, please stick to discussing racing, watch a race or two, there is an F1 race tonight (technically tomorrow in CST and EST), an ex CC driver will be there, or think about the first IRL race or about LB.