PDA

View Full Version : Rain Will Dezstroy Ferrari's Good Pace?

DimitraF1
22nd March 2008, 13:23
everything can happen tomorrow if rain comes..
without traction control, is sure that one mistake and you are out!
can ferrari keep the lead with a wet race or the more experience trulli and some boys from the back of the grid, can make the difference?

gloomyDAY
22nd March 2008, 15:39
Don't count on it.

Looks like a cake walk to me.

F1boat
22nd March 2008, 19:58
If it rains, I think that Alonso might win. If dry, I think that Ferrari will win.

jens
22nd March 2008, 20:06
If it rains... Vettel will achieve a good result. :D

Valve Bounce
22nd March 2008, 22:07
If it rains, then whoever is not hit from behind will win. I have been in a rainstorm at Sepang many years ago during a race, and not only was visibility zero, and the track awash, but one of the small stands in which I was sitting collapsed sideways (after I left it and ran back to my car to leave the circuit). It was raining so heavily that I had to stop my car under a bridge on the way home until I could see again. I would not be surprised that under similar conditions, the red flag would come out rather than the safety car.

ShiftingGears
22nd March 2008, 22:30
I don't think the rain will ruin their pace. I think Kimi will be fine. And Alonso. And Hamilton. And I hope Webber can make another impact in this race (not with anything solid).

VkmSpouge
23rd March 2008, 00:45
I hope it does rain, that always adds a great element of unpredictability into a race.

jjanicke
23rd March 2008, 00:54
I love rain races. Should suite Kimi, Fred, Button, and a few others.

markabilly
23rd March 2008, 00:59
If it rains, I always put my money on MS, then at a certain race, I saw MS and FA duel (until FA lost a front wheel that failed after a pit stop) and was very impressed

So my money says FA in the rain.

Unless Hamilton can somehow wriggle his way up and follow the safety car for 20 laps or so, and wreck out half the field.....esp. if vettel is running towards the top......

Valve Bounce
23rd March 2008, 04:45
.....................or Nakajima :eek:

maxu05
23rd March 2008, 05:03
.....................or Nakajima :eek:

I think this guy might surprise a few people this year actually.

osg
23rd March 2008, 05:17
If it rains, and the car holds together..... Mark Webber will be right there......

maxu05
23rd March 2008, 05:23
If it holds together :D

leopard
25th March 2008, 10:17
I think two or three hours later from the race finished, Sepang rained, It rains everyday here. Alonso was gambling too much for the odd pitstop strategy, in dry he could probably finish at the better place in conventional pitstop. The heavier fueled car could contribute to his bad start.

markabilly
25th March 2008, 11:44
I think this guy might surprise a few people this year actually.
Yeah in the first race in Australia, he surprized a certain driver in front of him quite well...........

Roamy
26th March 2008, 06:01
I can't wait until our first real rain race to see how everyone does. It should be quite exciting

Tazio
26th March 2008, 06:22
I can't wait until our first real rain race to see how everyone does. It should be quite exciting If it doesn't come until Spa, horrifying may be a better description!

ioan
26th March 2008, 09:12
Rain? What rain!

Every time we get 60% or even 90% rain probabilities for the race a full week ahead, it boils down to 10% on the race day and not a drop falls.
Races should be in the morning or later in the afternoon, that's when rain chances are higher, for whatever reason.

Ranger
26th March 2008, 09:28
Rain? What rain!

Every time we get 60% or even 90% rain probabilities for the race a full week ahead, it boils down to 10% on the race day and not a drop falls.
Races should be in the morning or later in the afternoon, that's when rain chances are higher, for whatever reason.

There was still a 50% chance of rain on Sunday, as predicted that morning. There was even an FOM prediction that rain would fall 30 minutes into the race.

Rain fell in Sepang all weekend, but the weather held back and the track dried out for every session.

So the rain was always there but not when it mattered.

The race will start later next year so that shall be interesting.

leopard
26th March 2008, 10:25
I think Sepang like any tropical countries have bigger chance having rain couple hours from midday to evening as the result of evaporation in the morning. It usually has periodical character the rain falls every another week and the race day of Sepang was for the rain.