PDA

View Full Version : The New Technology Thread

Breeze
21st March 2008, 15:45
With so many geeks on this forum and so many varied interests, I thought a thread relating to new and important technologies might be useful for sharing information.

Among my interests is energy production, so I offer this article from one of my favorite magazines. This is among the latest develpments in hydrogen fuel cell technonlogy:
http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=closed-system-opens-way-f

Breeze
21st March 2008, 15:50
And here is another, not new, but novel use of existing technology! The underwater windmill!
http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=tidal-wave-renewable-energy

maxu05
21st March 2008, 20:26
Talking about all this technology, I heard a joke about this,
There was a man at the airport selling a watch. He told his customer that the watch had an MP3, MP4,satelite TV, AM/FM radio, Windows XP, a sound recording device, built in video recording device, a digital camera, GPS system, the Full version of Encyclopedia Britanica, a thesaurus, and the complete Websters dictionary all built in for only $200. The customer was very impressed, and paid the $200. After the transaction the watch merchant handed the customer 2 large heavy suitcases. The buyer asked, "what are these for"? The reply, " they are the batteries to power the watch" :D

leopard
24th March 2008, 06:51
Any breakthrough on crisis of energy such as renewable energy research would be great. We might think that the use of unrenewable source is more practicable because we get used to do anything with this current condition, but This alternative energy someday could be something inevitable.

For the first stage I think we do not need go any further from research on massive implementation of biofuel in any sector of industry and general life. How to create synchronized technology whereby the use of biofuel is acceptable. In the mean time, keep researching technology to produce biofuel sellable at price isn't higher than that of natural oil and gas.