PDA

View Full Version : Citroen Red Bull!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WRC1
20th March 2008, 18:35
http://www.rallye-magazin.de/r/wm/d/n/d/2008/03/20/citroen-im-red-bull-outfit/index.html

reg

wrc1

Kamikaze
20th March 2008, 18:40
http://www.rallye-magazin.de/uploads/pics/news_wm_20080321.jpg

:uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh:

Tom206wrc
20th March 2008, 19:02
FANTASTIC !!!! :bounce: :up:

RS
20th March 2008, 19:05
Great to see Red Bull in WRC as a main team sponsor, but they made a right cock up of that livery. Red Bull Fabia was far more beautiful.

Slightly bigger photos: http://www.rallye-info.com/article.asp?sid=0&stid=6830

Kamikaze
20th March 2008, 19:07
FANTASTIC !!!! :bounce: :up:

What ????? :eek: :eek:

Most time Red Bull Liveries look great, but this one is symply ugly.....

Corny
20th March 2008, 19:08
Cool! :D

Tom206wrc
20th March 2008, 19:11
What ????? :eek: :eek:

Most time Red Bull Liveries look great, but this one is symply ugly.....

Tastes are so numerous and different in the world... ;)

Helstar
20th March 2008, 19:32
Hey pay attention Citroen, they didn't give a lot of luck to the Skoda Fabia back in 2006 lol

UKOG~Will
20th March 2008, 19:35
Nice to see my all time favourite drink on one of the most awesome WRC cars ever :P

N.O.T
20th March 2008, 19:35
I like it...far better than the boring just red one.

HaCo
20th March 2008, 19:40
I like it...far better than the boring just red one.

Exactly, it's awesome-ly better! :D

http://www.rallye-info.com/images/photos/general/RedBullCitroen2.jpg

Mirek
20th March 2008, 19:43
It is pretty good for most-crazy-coloured-car competition against Ford one :D

White Sauron
20th March 2008, 20:06
I won't drink Red Bull anymore...

Nenukknak
20th March 2008, 20:07
Great, now if Red Bull would also be so nice as to start a Citroen satellite team, called Torro Rosso, in WRC then it would be really super.

Kamikaze
20th March 2008, 20:53
Tastes are so numerous and different in the world... ;)

True !!

But ugly or not, imagine this car with starting Numbers on the Door :rolleyes:

Tom206wrc
20th March 2008, 21:05
It looks like it'll be on the rear window, not on the door :p :

Wim_Impreza
20th March 2008, 21:08
Not so ugly as the simple red livery, but still not beautiful...

wwbroe
20th March 2008, 21:41
I think it is not so bad livery, far better than before I must say. ;)

Tom206wrc
20th March 2008, 21:57

You wanted R B on the Fords ??? :p :

pettersolberg29
20th March 2008, 22:24
I can see the gist of the article, but can anybody explain/tranlsate it for me?

The pic looks good to me!

c4
20th March 2008, 22:34
Any chance Andy Aigner, Meeke or the other Red Bull young guns get an opportunity?

N.O.T
20th March 2008, 22:57
Any chance Andy Aigner, Meeke or the other Red Bull young guns get an opportunity?

good thought...i would like to see the red bull money going to sponsor a drive from a talented driver.

urabus-denoS2000
20th March 2008, 23:01
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think its great!
Finally some real sponsors.
To me it looks great!!!

muscrae
21st March 2008, 00:02
looks outstanding and more aggressive now!!!!

coolllllll

JRodrigues
21st March 2008, 00:20
This one and the Focus' will compete for the most ugly livery in WRC in the last few years...

PuddleJumper
21st March 2008, 00:27
Great to see Red Bull back at top-level rallying and the Citroën C4 with a different colour. :up:

I too hope that some of their money will go towards giving new talent a chance.

Barry_
21st March 2008, 01:04
its not bad but think the second half of the car is black..need something like this
http://www.zhaust.com/forum/index.php?t=getfile&id=53557&private=0

WRCfan
21st March 2008, 01:39
Compared to before it's great, although like it was said Red Bull cars and bikes in other disciplines look great, this seems half-hearted...The Red Bull Skoda's were stunning, why is the Citroen not? It's a nice shaped car but they didn't make the paint job as nice as they could have...

StevieWonder
21st March 2008, 02:18

don´t forget Sebastian Ogier

I have seen his fast speed in Mexico, and he is also doing recce in argentina - maybe for the next season !!!

http://www.hirvonen-fanclub.com

L5->R5/CR
21st March 2008, 02:41
It would look a little bit better if there weren't 5 different tones of red...

Here are a couple of quick photoshops, I think they look a lot better...

L5->R5/CR
21st March 2008, 02:41
and this one...

gloomyDAY
21st March 2008, 05:33
Nice one for both companies! Love that color scheme too.

I'm always amazed by Red Bull's commitment to sports.
Hope the relations between them and Citroen are long and prosperous.

tribefiend
21st March 2008, 05:40
I was wondering when Citroen was gonna get some kind of sponsor and put some kind of livery on their car. Excited to see something. Think this one could have been done a little better.

dimviii
21st March 2008, 06:05
not beautiful,but better than just red

Kamikaze
21st March 2008, 10:13
It looks like it'll be on the rear window, not on the door :p :

He means the Starting number.... :rolleyes:

You are a real clever Guy ( :D ), but look at this:

http://www.auto-blust.de/Privat/C4_Bull.jpg

I don´t think Red Bull will be happy about......

MikeD
21st March 2008, 11:25
Finally Red Bull has decided to back a winner! ... it will make both the drink and the wins taste even better ;)

Corny
21st March 2008, 11:27
ah; boring.. Are we going to see Seb drink of a Red Bull bottle now on every interview :p ?

koko0703
21st March 2008, 11:31
I like the livery but I wish the money went to the smaller team like Suzuki instead. A rich team doesn't have to be richer!

Simmi
21st March 2008, 12:54
I like the livery but I wish the money went to the smaller team like Suzuki instead. A rich team doesn't have to be richer!

They tried that in 2006 and look where it got them. Im surprised its taken this long for someone to come along and join Citroen Sport as a major sponsor.

Not as nice as the plain red which was simple and I think looked brilliant out on the stages - but as was said with the naff Ford scheme, its just good to see big companies investing in rallying.

I assume this livery will debut with immediate effect in Argentina?

Tom206wrc
21st March 2008, 13:48
He means the Starting number.... :rolleyes:

You are a real clever Guy ( :D ), but look at this:

http://www.auto-blust.de/Privat/C4_Bull.jpg

I don´t think Red Bull will be happy about......

yeah I see and it's not terrible :mark:

Lousada
21st March 2008, 14:59
1 april? :eek:
Great news that Red Bull finally joins for real.
The livery looks great from the front but not so great from the side, but it's still better than Ford.

L5->R5/CR
21st March 2008, 15:18
It is interesting that Red Bull sponsored the oh so very French WRC team when Red Bull is banned in France...

KKS
21st March 2008, 17:18

but if Ford get Red Bull sponsors you drink Red Bull 24/7

Tom206wrc
21st March 2008, 17:44

It's exactly the question I undirectly asked him earlier in the thread :p :

Jealousy because it won't sponsor his fav team/car ;)

N
21st March 2008, 17:53
It is interesting that Red Bull sponsored the oh so very French WRC team when Red Bull is banned in France...

Why are they banned in France?

RS
21st March 2008, 17:56
It's exactly the question I undirectly asked him earlier in the thread :p :

Jealousy because it won't sponsor his fav team/car ;)

Nevermind, he can save the money and go on holiday to Abu Dhabi instead :D

White Sauron
21st March 2008, 20:03
Hei, stop talking over me!)) To prevent any speculations, I'm energetic enough by myself not to drink RBs, Adrenalines, Batteries, etc.

Just have the same opinion as was mentioned above: there's no need is such a big sponsor for the richest team in the field. Ok, when Corona started supporting Subaru some 4 years ago or so, I used to drink their beer. But I I don't want my rubles/euros/dollars to support Citroen. A simple logic.
But Ok, I do agree, I'd rather see beautiful Red Bull livery on the Focus...

harvick#1
21st March 2008, 21:40
woohoooo, can't wait for PMA to make a kit of this :D

I think they should have more of the Toro Rosso livery though, don't understand why that livery isn't more utilized that the Bull is awesome on that car

Lousada
21st March 2008, 23:32

According to the article, that's the whole point. By sponsoring Citroen they want to make more of an impression in France.

jso1985
21st March 2008, 23:56
Why are they banned in France?

Cuz some people believe the high concentration of caffeine(which is only double as on a Coke can) and taurine on it might cause damge to your health.

what I don't know is if Red Bull is totally banned in France, or like in Uruguay, is sold as a "liquor". meaning it can only be sold to people over 18 and only in some licensed stores.

gloomyDAY
22nd March 2008, 01:51
woohoooo, can't wait for PMA to make a kit of this :D

I think they should have more of the Toro Rosso livery though, don't understand why that livery isn't more utilized that the Bull is awesome on that carLivery looks great on a shirt too!

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c123/killincommies/SN150190.jpg

I'm a little confused. Doesn't Red Bull also sponsor Travis Pastrana and his Subaru team? Not sure if the rival companies would like being cross-promoted in the same sport. Granted both cars are in different classes, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

GigiGalliNo1
22nd March 2008, 02:33
they should have put it on a tarmac version of the C4 not gravel but ah well...

L5->R5/CR
22nd March 2008, 03:18
Cuz some people believe the high concentration of caffeine(which is only double as on a Coke can) and taurine on it might cause damge to your health.

what I don't know is if Red Bull is totally banned in France, or like in Uruguay, is sold as a "liquor". meaning it can only be sold to people over 18 and only in some licensed stores.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/5753.php

Old story but I don't believe anything has changed.

For a laugh find the Red Bull Formula 1 Press Releases for the French Grand Prix...

L5->R5/CR
22nd March 2008, 03:19
Livery looks great on a shirt too!

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c123/killincommies/SN150190.jpg

I'm a little confused. Doesn't Red Bull also sponsor Travis Pastrana and his Subaru team? Not sure if the rival companies would like being cross-promoted in the same sport. Granted both cars are in different classes, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Red Bull sponsors EVERYTHING.

Red Bull also sponsors a pair of Mitsubishi Evolutions in the PWRC, and a whole gaggle of other cars all over the world, it doesn't matter to them...

Lalo
22nd March 2008, 05:18
Wow! What a change!

Has anyone notested that the door mirrors on the back of the bulls looks just like wings?? hahahaa

Xsara Fan
22nd March 2008, 10:40

For the moment he drinks BP fuel...

Roy
22nd March 2008, 10:59

I was thinking the same :) :up:

Great to see WRC is popular by big spenders. It is good!

White Sauron
22nd March 2008, 11:13

Jealous? That's because you're drinking urine, sucker.

Kamikaze
22nd March 2008, 14:03

Maybe tastes better than Red Bull :rolleyes:

gloomyDAY
22nd March 2008, 19:33
I'm just glad to see a big title sponsor in the WRC.
Hope Subaru joins the bandwagon and links up with another company.

N
22nd March 2008, 19:53
If you were a big company, would you really want to sponsor Subaru? Think about it, they haven't won in a long time... You are better of sponsoring one the many Fords, :)

alleskids
22nd March 2008, 22:36
If you were a big company, would you really want to sponsor Subaru? Think about it, they haven't won in a long time... You are better of sponsoring one the many Fords, :)

There are plenty of companies that would fit in the current Subaru situations.

*Taxi companies for instant: if you get stuck with youre Subbie, call us, we will carry you to the place you have to be!

*Helicopter rental companies: were ever you get stuck with youre Subbie, we can take you out of the jungle and get you to the city!!

* Camping stuff companies: when you get stuck with youre Subbie, at least you can sleap in one of our tents, before the rescue service is reaching you!!!

:)

GigiGalliNo1
23rd March 2008, 12:14
hahahahahhaahahhahahaha

ste898
23rd March 2008, 20:37
but it's still better than Ford.

Anything is better than the Ford 2008 livery it is aweful........

jso1985
24th March 2008, 00:02
Jealous? That's because you're drinking urine, sucker.

I don't think there's anything wrong that some people likes to drink American beers :p

Xsara Fan
24th March 2008, 09:15
Anything is better than the Ford 2008 livery it is aweful........

Great! :)

wwbroe
24th March 2008, 10:49
Maybe Aigner will get a chance to drive for Citroen, now that Red Bull has become their main sponsor? :eek:

http://rallye-magazin.de

pettersolberg29
24th March 2008, 11:04
What about Pirelli sponsoring Subaru properly, or is that not allowed as pirelli are involved with all teams.

White Sauron
24th March 2008, 21:14
Great! :)

What?

gloomyDAY
25th March 2008, 02:32
For a laugh find the Red Bull Formula 1 Press Releases for the French Grand Prix...LOL! I can't believe they went that far. Wait, this is Red Bull. Of course they went that far.

Micke_VOC
25th March 2008, 10:56
Maybe Aigner will get a chance to drive for Citroen, now that Red Bull has become their main sponsor? :eek:

http://rallye-magazin.de

My hopes to Ekström =)

L5->R5/CR
25th March 2008, 13:53
LOL! I can't believe they went that far. Wait, this is Red Bull. Of course they went that far.

After reading last years releases it made me want to try to start drinking Red Bull again, but I can't stand the taste as it makes me want to retch.

Daniel
25th March 2008, 22:04
Never understood why people like Red Bull. Tastes like crap. Why bother to mix alcohol with crap?

JRodrigues
26th March 2008, 03:13
I'm just glad to see a big title sponsor in the WRC.
Hope Subaru joins the bandwagon and links up with another company.

But they won't.. There was once (last year) the possibility of Lenovo joining them, but it seems the deal didn't turned out the way they wanted.

AndyRAC
26th March 2008, 08:31
But they won't.. There was once (last year) the possibility of Lenovo joining them, but it seems the deal didn't turned out the way they wanted.

Maybe they wanted the car a different colour......

wwbroe
26th March 2008, 09:06
My hopes to Ekström =)

That would be a lot better and faster in my opinion. I think he is a great driver, but maybe he's payed too much in DTM by Audi. Maybe that is the main reason he is not involved in WRC on a full-time base. ;)

AndyRAC
26th March 2008, 11:14
That would be a lot better and faster in my opinion. I think he is a great driver, but maybe he's payed too much in DTM by Audi. Maybe that is the main reason he is not involved in WRC on a full-time base. ;)

Very probably, and VAG don't have a (competitive) WRCar. Must admit would like to see him in the WRC. An extremely talented driver,...

Xsara Fan
27th March 2008, 11:44
First photo of the 'Red Bull' Citroen C4 WRC from rear
http://www.rallyargentina.com/galeria/FAD220376.jpg

luca
27th March 2008, 13:54
more photos http://www.rajdy.v10.pl/Citroen,Red,Bull,w,Argentynie,pierwsze,zdjecia,927 5.html

Tom206wrc
27th March 2008, 14:17
Never understood why people like Red Bull. Tastes like crap. Why bother to mix alcohol with crap?

Maybe they like the liveries of the Redbull cars, not the product itself :p :

AndyRAC
27th March 2008, 23:09
Maybe they like the liveries of the Redbull cars, not the product itself :p :

The livery isn't that good though, it looks like a half hearted effort. Still far too much red on it - the Red Bull F1 cars only has red for the bull - the rest is dark blue. As for the drivers overalls, they're virtually the same, save for a small patch, from what I can see. Can't be a huge financial deal then.

Roy
27th March 2008, 23:30
The livery isn't that good though, it looks like a half hearted effort. Still far too much red on it - the Red Bull F1 cars only has red for the bull - the rest is dark blue. As for the drivers overalls, they're virtually the same, save for a small patch, from what I can see. Can't be a huge financial deal then.

Don't forget the color of Citroen and Total are red. They pay a lot of money too.

santori
28th March 2008, 18:56
Ugly livery, just like the F1 pair. Messy and awkward.

subaru 28
28th March 2008, 19:58
I can see the gist of the article, but can anybody explain/tranlsate it for me?

The pic looks good to me!

look at this site, http://www.motorline.cc/rallye/index.php/article=143989/=Rallye_-_%BB%BB%BB_Die_besten_Bilder_aus_Argentinien.htm

Langdale Forest
28th March 2008, 20:39
Great! :D The plain red was becoming boring.

cal
4th April 2008, 02:52

I agree, it's just not that big of an impact on the eye. Far too much red, I know Citroen's colour is red and they want it red but I think in this case they would gain more attention with a fully Red Bull coloured car as they are already so heavily associated with their colour, red. That way I think they would gather more interest from a 'non-rallying' crowd.

I remember when Telefonica joined Citroen as a sponsor back in 2001 or 2002, and it was the same then - it looked like an add-on, not integrated in the design as it should be.

AndyRAC
4th April 2008, 08:17
I agree, it's just not that big of an impact on the eye. Far too much red, I know Citroen's colour is red and they want it red but I think in this case they would gain more attention with a fully Red Bull coloured car as they are already so heavily associated with their colour, red. That way I think they would gather more interest from a 'non-rallying' crowd.

I remember when Telefonica joined Citroen as a sponsor back in 2001 or 2002, and it was the same then - it looked like an add-on, not integrated in the design as it should be.

As good a team Citroen are, theit marketing isn't great is it? As pointed out, the Telefonica livery wasn't great, the Red Bull could be better, and certainly over here in UK they don't make the most of their success. Can't remember seeing any adverts for all the success.