PDA

View Full Version : Newspaper headlines

turves
20th March 2008, 14:43
In the Heather Mills thread, Dave Brockman mentions the SUN headline

"Mucca chucksa cuppa water over Macca's lawyer Shacka"

and I thought I would start a thread so you people around the world can add amusing ones as and when they happen.

One of the better ones i've seen in recent times was when the story of Prince Harry in Afghanistan blew up (no pun intended). The Daily Star lead with the headline

'When Harry met Tali'

Daniel
20th March 2008, 14:46
Can't remember the actual headline but I remember about a year and a half ago the Sun had the sister of one of the 7/7 bombers on page three and had a very amusing (but seemingly hard to remember) headline.

BDunnell
20th March 2008, 14:59
This one appeared recently on the front of the Ilford Recorder, and gets straight to the point:

BINMAN DID POO IN OUR GARDEN

Daniel
20th March 2008, 15:02
This one appeared recently on the front of the Ilford Recorder, and gets straight to the point:

BINMAN DID POO IN OUR GARDEN
:laugh:

Reminds me of something my brother did :rotflmao:

BDunnell
20th March 2008, 15:13
An early 1990s item in the Jersey Evening Post:

ETHNIC CLEANSING: YOU AND YOUR SHOWER UNIT

And I've always liked this one, though I can't remember which paper it was from:

AMSTERDAM 'NOT SUITABLE' AS LONDON AIRPORT, SAYS BAA

MrJan
21st March 2008, 10:40
Wasn't there an old Scottish football one: "Super Cally Go Ballistic Celtic Are Atrocious"? Pure genius.

BDunnell
21st March 2008, 10:50
The Sun yesterday went with this tasteful one:

THE PAEDO HAS LANDED

ShiftingGears
21st March 2008, 10:51
After Sheik Al Hilali kept repeating sexist claims then saying they had been taken out of context the media fancied calling him The Thick Sheik. I enjoyed that one :D

gadjo_dilo
21st March 2008, 12:31
" Bombo, Bombo, we're back from Congo ".
"Bombo" comes from "Bombonel "( little candy ), the nickname of an ex prime minister who was a candidate for presidency. In the days of elections there was a message on cell phones with a funny poem, in fact a parody of a classic poem, saying that if Bombo wins we'll F... the nation and emigrate in Congo. But the guy lost and a paper used this headline.

"Mihaela Melinte is the best at hammer. "
M M used to be world champion at athletics ( throwing hammer ) and in romanian hammer has also a very sexual meaning.

maxu05
21st March 2008, 13:56
I only wish I could see this headline "Maxu05 wins $50,000,000 in lottery" Now that would be a great headline :D

Azumanga Davo
22nd March 2008, 08:36
"Red Tape Holds Up New Bridge"

BDunnell
22nd March 2008, 09:38
"Red Tape Holds Up New Bridge"

:laugh:

Drew
22nd March 2008, 13:05
"Toilet stolen, police have nothing to go on"

3-wide
24th March 2008, 19:08
The day after he won the Iowa Caucuses, the Boston Herald ran a full page photo of Mike Huckabee's smiling face on the front page with one word;

"SHAZAM!"