PDA

View Full Version : Walker to A1GP in 2009

weeflyonthewall
20th March 2008, 00:51
That's the word folks. He likes the new Ferrari A1GP design and looks like a small stepping stone for them.

http://walkerracing.com/media/display.php?id=427&lang=en

-Helix-
20th March 2008, 01:20
The title is misleading. It's not official. Far from it actually.

He's just looking for something to do until he can get an Indycar program going anyway.

pits4me
20th March 2008, 01:46
My tea leaves aren't showing much these days.

nigelred5
20th March 2008, 15:37
I read that to be for next year when the Ferrari comes on board as well.
I've always understood that A1GP teams lease all of their equipment from the series so costs other than replacement parts(which they seem to use a lot of) are tightly controlled. I've never cared for the stylized look of the A1GP cars but the limited amount of racing that I have been able to watch has been pretty entertaining. If they removed all of the swoopy add ons that distort the look of the cars I'd like them better. I can't wait to see what next year's ferrari's look like. I've read to expect more or less something very much like the 06 F1 car minus all the flip ups, winglets and barge boards and all that.

garyshell
20th March 2008, 16:04
I read that to be for next year when the Ferrari comes on board as well.
I've always understood that A1GP teams lease all of their equipment from the series so costs other than replacement parts(which they seem to use a lot of) are tightly controlled. I've never cared for the stylized look of the A1GP cars but the limited amount of racing that I have been able to watch has been pretty entertaining. If they removed all of the swoopy add ons that distort the look of the cars I'd like them better. I can't wait to see what next year's ferrari's look like. I've read to expect more or less something very much like the 06 F1 car minus all the flip ups, winglets and barge boards and all that.

I thought the Ferrari deal was for engines.

Gary

BobGarage
20th March 2008, 16:07
I thought the Ferrari deal was for engines.

Gary

the ferrari deal is for engines, but they will also have a say in the manufacture of the chassis, which will bases on last years (or the year befores i can't remember) Ferrari F1 chassis.

cartpix
20th March 2008, 16:33
I heard a rumor, Penske has a secret NASCAR team & an ALMS operation & Chip Ganassi has a stock car team, too. I guess we won't see them, in the IRL, this season.

Just sad...

Jeff