PDA

View Full Version : Which soft drink do you like, and why?

leopard
19th March 2008, 07:54
Each of us may have different taste on soft drink, there are some famous brand such as Coke, Pepsi, Rootbeer, Greensands, Dr. Pepper, etc please mention. To those do not drink this beverage can chose the likes of coffee, cappuccino, bottled tea etc.

I like pepsi, Coke wouldn't mind in case pepsi not available.
When I was at Uni we went wandering quite often in billiard table and we got a glass of pepsi for each cover charge we paid, until now it inspired me much.

Mark
19th March 2008, 07:56
Tea

Abo
19th March 2008, 07:57
Tango Clear white cranberry and raspberry at the moment! Coke Zero is a regular favourite though

pino
19th March 2008, 07:58
My home-made Cappuccino with a real italian espresso as learned from my Mum :lips:

GridGirl
19th March 2008, 08:18
If I'm going to drink a soft drink it will generally be Coke Zero but I usually drink flavoured waters anyway.

In the Coke versus Pepsi debate I have to say that I prefer Pepsi. :)

rah
19th March 2008, 08:44
I only drink soft drink if it is mixed with something to make it taste better. Like bourbon or vodka.

leopard
19th March 2008, 09:24
Self-mixing some drinks I think will ruin their original taste, unless for recipe already proven like coffee milk, mocha cappuccino, etc.

I don't know that we can still categorize it as soft drink once mixed with 'C' class of beer, You may also mix strawberry juice into it :laugh:

tmx
19th March 2008, 09:30
I try to not drink soda anymore, but when I get a chance to pass the asian market, i pick up a few bottles of Goya Coconut. I get really addicted to it, it's just artificial, but its has a very smooth buttery taste. I like all the other coconut and gourd can drinks they sell too.

This is how Pepsi is manufacturer: Coke + water = Pepsi. But I would take Dr. Pepper over Coke.

leopard
19th March 2008, 09:32
In the Coke versus Pepsi debate I have to say that I prefer Pepsi. :)

me too, but Coke is more popular so that easier to be found.

Storm
19th March 2008, 09:38
I drank a lot of Iced Tea and Gatorade (Orange) when I was in the US.
Back home I stick to water, coffee (cappuccino if I go to a cafe), tea or fresh fruit juice (watermelon, sweet lime, orange) :)

leopard
19th March 2008, 09:41
Not sure that pepsi is basically aqueous Coke, I think that's like something to kill competitor.

btw, we're facing consecutive holiday, I think the right time to enjoy our favorite drink. :lips:

leopard
19th March 2008, 10:52
This is how Coca cola was manufactured to tempt Magnus to appear.

http://www.mexicoenmoto.com/galerias/fotos/foto_200511150140.jpg

turves
19th March 2008, 11:58
Diet coke

BDunnell
19th March 2008, 12:10
Orange juice or water for me, generally. Sometimes I mix sparkling mineral water with orange juice. I'm that wild.

maxu05
19th March 2008, 12:19
I don't like many soft drinks, as I drink beer most of the time. If I do drink Coke or Pepsi, it must be accompanied by Jack Daniels or Jim Beam. As for Diet Pepsi or Diet Coke or Coke Zero, I would rather drink the urine from a camel :D

J4MIE
19th March 2008, 13:08
I avoid fizzy drinks generally, but usually have to resort to diet coke in restaurants etc as it's the only "diet" drink available other than tap water :(

Spoonbender
19th March 2008, 14:32
Cold: Coke, full fat processed coke, lot's of ice, none of this diet sh**

Hot: Coffee, instant, black with 2 sugars (about 4 an hour during work)

Starbucks: Mocca Grande with cream on the top :) and maybe one of those massive cookies with the caramel pieces in.

maxu05
19th March 2008, 14:57
Cold: Coke, full fat processed coke, lot's of ice, none of this diet sh**

Hot: Coffee, instant, black with 2 sugars (about 4 an hour during work)

Starbucks: Mocca Grande with cream on the top :) and maybe one of those massive cookies with the caramel pieces in.

:up: all the way :D

Firstgear
19th March 2008, 17:15
Coke, especially with Southern Comfort or JD.

I used to enjoy something called SaraSoda. A fizzy citrus drink, but I haven't seen it here for years.

Also Jolt Cola, mostly for their slogan "All the sugar and twice the caffiene"

schmenke
19th March 2008, 18:20
Hot: coffee... strong... black.

Cold: diet Coke or diet Dr. Pepper

JD or SC mixed with anything other than ice is sacriligeous :eek:

anthonyvop
19th March 2008, 19:01
I try to not drink soda anymore, but when I get a chance to pass the asian market, i pick up a few bottles of Goya Coconut. I get really addicted to it, it's just artificial, but its has a very smooth buttery taste. I like all the other coconut and gourd can drinks they sell too.

This is how Pepsi is manufacturer: Coke + water = Pepsi. But I would take Dr. Pepper over Coke.
Goya in the Asian Market?

Mp3 Astra
19th March 2008, 20:02
It's going to have to be Sprite for me! Or is it 7up...?

Firstgear
19th March 2008, 20:08
JD or SC mixed with anything other than ice is sacriligeous :eek:

That's exactly what a buddy of mine used to tell me, but now SC even lists cola as a mix on the side of the bottle.

schmenke
19th March 2008, 20:14
It's going to have to be Sprite for me! Or is it 7up...?

Sprite is owned by Coke and 7-Up by Pepsi... or perhaps the other way 'round?

Mp3 Astra
19th March 2008, 22:12

That's right... Sometimes I'm in a Sprite mood, sometimes it's 7up. It's a confusing world we live in.

Rollo
19th March 2008, 22:12
Irn-Bru - is the only soft drink in the world to outsell Coke in it's domestic market; it's also megabrill with vodka (which wouldn't make it a soft drink anymore). It's made in Scotland from girders no less.

Vimto - Ok, I admit it. I'm still only 6 years old in some respects.

Tizer - Where did Ed the Head go? I was in a shop the other day and Ed's gone. When did I miss that?

RichardM
19th March 2008, 23:10

Sprite indeed is a Coke product but 7-Up is its own brand and happens to be owned by Cadbury Schweppes although I think I heard on the news that C-S was selling them and Dr. Pepper off again.

GridGirl
20th March 2008, 08:29
I've gone old skooool today. I'm currently drinking Dandelion and Burdock. I discovered last night that you can buy it in 500ml bottles now. I still miss the pop man coming to my street as a kid and getting Dandelion and Burdock in a glass bottle. :D

maxu05
20th March 2008, 10:31
Do any of you still get the 250ml bottles of Coke ? I am talking about the original glass bottles, that you take back to the store and get your deposit back. We have them here in China. I hate Coke in the plastic bottles, it just doesn't taste the same.

Abo
20th March 2008, 11:18
Do any of you still get the 250ml bottles of Coke ? I am talking about the original glass bottles, that you take back to the store and get your deposit back. We have them here in China. I hate Coke in the plastic bottles, it just doesn't taste the same.

Usually in pubs (when it's not that syrupy draught stuff) or restaraunts and stuff. I've seen it in my local wholesaler's but I guess that's what supplies the retararaunts...

Daniel
20th March 2008, 12:53
I love Fanta. But the crap they sell in Europe which is labelled as Fanta is horrible. Can't stand anything with artificial sweeteners in it. Would rather have water than something with artificial sweeteners in it.

schmenke
20th March 2008, 13:41
Grape Fanta :up:

UKOG~Will
20th March 2008, 19:59
I have loads :)

Top 5

5 - Diet Coke With Cherry
4 - Pepsi Max
3 - Orange Fanta
2 - Fruit Twist Fanta
1 - Red Bull

=]

jim mcglinchey
20th March 2008, 22:52
I have loads :)

Top 5

5 - Diet Coke With Cherry
4 - Pepsi Max
3 - Orange Fanta
2 - Fruit Twist Fanta
1 - Red Bull

=]

"..I am the great Cornholio, I need TP for my bunghole ....."

wacked
20th March 2008, 23:44
Fresh lime with soda..

always like my Rum with Coke..

Roamy
21st March 2008, 01:24
diet coke because I mix it with whiskey

maxu05
21st March 2008, 05:12
How can you mix whisky with diet coke ? BLAHHHH If you are talking about bourbon, OK, but real Scotch Whiskey ,(single malt) should be swallowed straight.

Roamy
21st March 2008, 07:19
How can you mix whisky with diet coke ? BLAHHHH If you are talking about bourbon, OK, but real Scotch Whiskey ,(single malt) should be swallowed straight.

scotch is scotch and whiskey is whiskey Scotch is the ultimate not to be confused with Whiskey

Crown goes down straight but mix the others

most Scotch goes down straight
the other get a splash

pino
21st March 2008, 07:23
I love Fanta. But the crap they sell in Europe which is labelled as Fanta is horrible. Can't stand anything with artificial sweeteners in it. Would rather have water than something with artificial sweeteners in it.

You get a different/better Fanta in Australia ? :s must move there then ;)

Daniel
21st March 2008, 07:36
In Australia I think orange Fanta is one of the most popular drinks. Here in the uk it doesn't seem popular at all. Because it's rubbish :p

pino
21st March 2008, 07:41
Here in the uk it doesn't seem popular at all. Because it's rubbish :p

Maybe they are using lemons insted of oranges :p :

Drew
22nd March 2008, 12:31

Yup, but they are very hard to find in the UK. There's something very satisfying about opening the bottle and drinking from it. I'm sure it takes different too :)

Having said that, I prefer pepsi and I love orange squash :p :

Azumanga Davo
22nd March 2008, 15:29
Orangina. :D

Bloomin' 'eck, Rollo. Ed the Head is dead. For like, a while now. ;)

Irn Bru equals yes, but avoid the stuff with the NSW label on it, it's the equivalent situation of Daniel's Fanta. Except it's far superior of course. :)

NoahsGirl
22nd March 2008, 16:13
I have to say I really enjoy an Apple Tango or bottled water

janneppi
22nd March 2008, 18:56
Bah, green Smurf lemonade is teh win. :D

I was watching a coworkers doctorate dissertation couple of weeks ago and had good chuckle seeing above-mentioned lemonade on the tables of the paricipants. :)

maxu05
22nd March 2008, 22:58
Yup, but they are very hard to find in the UK. There's something very satisfying about opening the bottle and drinking from it. I'm sure it takes different too :)

Having said that, I prefer pepsi and I love orange squash :p :

Every little Ma & Pa corner shop sells them over here, but then, every little store here sells beer. I must say that it's very convenient :beer:

ShiftingGears
22nd March 2008, 23:32
Iced Coffee - if its considered a soft drink...

Also, Red Bull is the worst drink ever! Unless you like cough medicine... I'd rather have straight liquor rather than mix with that stuff.

KILOHMUNNS
23rd March 2008, 10:25
Apple and Melon J2O as it's very refreshing.

jso1985
23rd March 2008, 22:32
Irn-Bru - is the only soft drink in the world to outsell Coke in it's domestic market; it's also megabrill with vodka (which wouldn't make it a soft drink anymore). It's made in Scotland from girders no less.

Inca Cola outsells Coca-Cola in Peru too.

I'm afraid I'm kinda addicted to Pepsi and Coke, both are good to me but I tend to drink more Pepsi as it's cheaper, I can finish a 2 liter bottle in 2 days so I guess my addiction is not so healthy...

millencolin
24th March 2008, 05:32
L&P... It's world famous!!!... In New Zealand

leopard
24th March 2008, 06:59
I consume such drink in special moment, don't know that it's highly recommended for our health to consume such drink in daily basis.

It could be right that coke is more expensive, considering it tastes more sour that means have more soda on it. But I paid pepsi more money as it isn't easy to buy it other than place like pub or restaurant. :)

schmenke
25th March 2008, 00:31
scotch is scotch and whiskey is whiskey Scotch is the ultimate not to be confused with Whiskey

Crown goes down straight but mix the others

most Scotch goes down straight
the other get a splash

Single malts with a drop of cold water.
Blends and sour-mashes with ice.

Hawkmoon
25th March 2008, 01:39
Also, Red Bull is the worst drink ever! Unless you like cough medicine... I'd rather have straight liquor rather than mix with that stuff.

I'd say the title of Worst Drink Ever goes to the camel p!ss called Mother. I don't know if it's sold in other counties but there should be some kind of United Nations convention against the stuff. I'm sure it's a breach of human rights to make people drink the stuff!

Coca-Cola reigns supreme in the soft drink stakes as far as I'm concerned. There's nothing quite like a Coke so cold it's just starting to freeze.

Rollo
25th March 2008, 03:21
L&P... It's world famous!!!... In New Zealand

Since ages ago :D

Their adverts are a little worrying though. That chap in the brown stubbies does not look in any way even remotely choice bro'

25th March 2008, 23:03

I don't buy soft drink except for an occassional 385ml glass bottle of coke from my local dairy. The bottle states that there is a 5c refund at collection depots when sold in S.A. Is that South Australia or South Africa? Not much use to me either way.
Hot drink: soy cappuccino - home made or cafe, stronger the better. :s pin:

Zico
26th March 2008, 00:12
I rarely drink fizzy drinks but when I do its Irn Bru and Coke.. both full fat and caffeine laced versions.

How many on here have ever tried Barrs Irn Bru? is it available globally?

leopard
26th March 2008, 06:09
I don't buy soft drink except for an occassional 385ml glass bottle of coke from my local dairy. The bottle states that there is a 5c refund at collection depots when sold in S.A. Is that South Australia or South Africa? Not much use to me either way.
Hot drink: soy cappuccino - home made or cafe, stronger the better. :s pin:
S.A might be South Afghanistan or Saudi Arabia ;)

Each typical of drink have its pair, softdrinks are suitable for light while hot drinks are for the clove flavored tobacco, eh?

:s mokin:

MadCat
26th March 2008, 09:36
Definitely Dr Pepper - think im addicted to the stuff!

Like Red Bull, Diet Coke/Coke Zero/Coca Cola. Not really a fan of Pepsi but i'll drink it.

Blackcurrant and Lemonade is nice too, sometimes have that at home :)

BTW, is it true that Coke Zero is Diet Coke rebranded for males? Someone told me this but im not too sure as to whether its true or not.

millencolin
26th March 2008, 11:38
I'd say the title of Worst Drink Ever goes to the camel p!ss called Mother. I don't know if it's sold in other counties but there should be some kind of United Nations convention against the stuff. I'm sure it's a breach of human rights to make people drink the stuff!

Here!Here! that stuff is beyond foul. Twas just awful!! had one can, never ever again!

DanicaFan
26th March 2008, 11:43
I like Diet Pepsi Maxx, Diet Mountain Dew, NOS, and Monster, and of course bottled water.

stevie_gerrard
3rd April 2008, 00:44
I have a craving for Dr Pepper, i don't know what it is but it's just delightful to drink, and it puts me in a good mood too.

Magnus
3rd April 2008, 07:43
Didnīt se that pic until now leopardsleeping ;)

leopard
3rd April 2008, 07:51
Until you make an upgrade to at least Pentium 3, I doubt you will see the pic properly. ;)

slinkster
3rd April 2008, 13:01
I only have fizzy soft drinks if they're a mixer with something alcoholic.

Other than that I drink squashes and fruit juices and the occasional cup of tea. :-)