PDA

View Full Version : Should Roush get rid of McMurray?

cgs
17th March 2008, 13:52
he's not exactly set the track alight, and now he has slipped into 36th in owner points. he had one fluke win at Daytona last year, but what else has he done? he's not impressed me on the track at all.

colinspooky
17th March 2008, 19:42
if you are with a low budget team and perform like that, I guess it's sort of forgiveable, but you are right, he's not done too much for a while. Wonder why?
Nerves? Lost interest? Lost ability?

:confused:

RaikkonenRules
17th March 2008, 20:12
I think McMurray will be the driver that gets canned when Roush scale back to 4 cars next year. Personally I think he also has the weakest equipment of the team.

colinspooky
17th March 2008, 20:42
Personally I think he also has the weakest equipment of the team

Do you think that's really possible? I am assuming ALL their parts come from the same sources, whether bought in, or made in-house.

Do they sometimes get a bad part, and then think: "Well we can't send it back and get a proper one as a replacement, so let's put it on Jamie's car" ?

I can't think of another scenario where he ends up with the "weakest equipment".

Conjours up images of a pile of old rubbish in the corner waiting to be chucked out, and someone then deciding it can be Jamie's parts bin.

:eek:

RaikkonenRules
17th March 2008, 22:42
Well McMurray is neither a big name like Kenseth or Edwards or a young gun like Dragon. Maybe Roush focus' more on the rest of the team?

colinspooky
18th March 2008, 10:37
yep - can't argue against a lack of focus - that's very hard (impossible) to measure from the outside.

tstran17_88
18th March 2008, 17:23
Do they sometimes get a bad part, and then think: "Well we can't send it back and get a proper one as a replacement, so let's put it on Jamie's car" ?

You can buy used race parts from Roush online and do a comparison analysis. ;)

http://www.roushfenwaycorporate.com/usedraceparts/default.htm

tstran17_88
18th March 2008, 17:28
Maybe Roush focus' more on the rest of the team?I don't buy that for a second. If anything, his focus is less on Kenseth and Edwards since they are running well. Jack likes to shake up the teams if they aren't doing well. Don't be surprised to see a crew chief swap, or possibly Robbie Reiser back on the pit box with the #26 team when Bob Osbourne is off suspension.

ms0362
19th March 2008, 02:02
Jack's focused many times on the 26 car problem. I just don't think McMurray can translate what the car is and isn't doing to all the crew chiefs he's had. The 26 car and McMurray will go in '09

Aussie12
21st March 2008, 07:10
I believe he has another couple of years left on his contract. I could never understand why Roush would sign him for a few years anyway.

Jonesi
21st March 2008, 08:48
I believe he has another couple of years left on his contract. I could never understand why Roush would sign him for a few years anyway.

Signed through '09, but there usually are some performance clauses.

IWUTitan90
22nd March 2008, 23:33
Doesn't the 26 have a history of being the "weak link" in the Roush stable? Maybe it's just bad Karma on the number? Change it back to 97 and see what happens. Sillier things have happened.

djarumdudley
25th March 2008, 07:15
funny how Biffle hasn't been mentioned at all in this topic. guess he's no longer a free agent or on the Roush chopping block with his sudden performance gain. unless McMurray REALLY picks it up he'll be gone. Ragan is the future and is now 22. with AAA being out the door at season's end he can easily slip into a Crown Royal car.

anybody else think Roush is kicking himself for listening to the individual that decided McMurray would perform better than either Mark Martin or Kurt Busch?

Jonesi
25th March 2008, 08:02
funny how Biffle hasn't been mentioned at all in this topic. guess he's no longer a free agent or on the Roush chopping block with his sudden performance gain. unless McMurray REALLY picks it up he'll be gone. Ragan is the future and is now 22. with AAA being out the door at season's end he can easily slip into a Crown Royal car.

anybody else think Roush is kicking himself for listening to the individual that decided McMurray would perform better than either Mark Martin or Kurt Busch?

Biffle said (either at Daytona of Cal) he had a contract extension offer, he would get around to in a few weeks. (The way he's running, he may be waiting until he's leading the points to get a little bit better deal ;-)

I think Roush wishes he had accommodated Mark Martin's desire to cut back to part time.

Sparky1329
25th March 2008, 18:07
Biffle said (either at Daytona of Cal) he had a contract extension offer, he would get around to in a few weeks. (The way he's running, he may be waiting until he's leading the points to get a little bit better deal ;-)

I think Roush wishes he had accommodated Mark Martin's desire to cut back to part time.

Jack admitted that he wasn't really listening to Mark. That was a huge loss to his team.

I agree on Da Biff too. He has the upper hand in the deal so he might as well take advantage of it.

!!WALDO!!
25th March 2008, 23:22
Nope, keep him he will get untracked. Watch Biffle in 2008 I think it could be him and car carrier Kasey Kahne chasing the Cup the final two weeks. Greg learned a lot in the second place run a couple years back.