PDA

View Full Version : Was Kimi Baited?

Firstgear
16th March 2008, 18:33
Did Heikki intentionally go deep to bait Kimi into going too deep & off? It looked that way to me.

Last year Lewis got alot of heat on this forum when he said "I made him (Massa) make a mistake." Was Heikki toying with Kimi in the same way?

Just wondering how the rest of you saw this.

yodasarmpit
16th March 2008, 18:40
Looked to me that Kimi just went in too fast.

ioan
16th March 2008, 18:58
Did Heikki intentionally go deep to bait Kimi into going too deep & off? It looked that way to me.

Last year Lewis got alot of heat on this forum when he said "I made him (Massa) make a mistake." Was Heikki toying with Kimi in the same way?

Just wondering how the rest of you saw this.

Brain fade from Kimi, he must have forgot there is a turn coming up.

As for the "made him make a mistake", that's just bull... , if he outbrakes himself it's because he fukced up not because anything else, given that driver is the only one controlling the brakes, not Heiki nor Lewy.

janneppi
16th March 2008, 19:17
Kimi's line and entry speed were more than optimistic into that corner, add to that he didn't really need to overtake Heikki as he needed to pit anyway, silly mistake that almost cost him the race there.

Rollo
16th March 2008, 19:21

Isn't it the duty of every driver out there to force other drivers into making a mistake? Provided there was no contact at all, and no deliberate blocking then this is like a very small disturbance in a teacup.

Easy Drifter
16th March 2008, 19:26
I think he just goofed. But if he was 'baited' then he really goofed. Trying to sucker or force another driver into an error is racing, plain and simple. Heck, that is how most passes occur!

BDunnell
16th March 2008, 19:38
No way did Kovalainen do anything deliberately there.

markabilly
16th March 2008, 20:04
Looked clean and professional to me; OTOH, Kimi might have stayed on track had HK been as dumb as DC and collected second (till the engine went) ........of course they would still be gluing parts of K's car back together....

Firstgear
16th March 2008, 21:54
Isn't it the duty of every driver out there to force other drivers into making a mistake? Provided there was no contact at all, and no deliberate blocking then this is like a very small disturbance in a teacup.I don't think a driver has to force another into a mistake. A Ferrari just needs to steer around a Super Aguri, no mistakes required. It just looked like HK & KR both went deep and HK was able to hold it. Maybe HK sensed that Kimi was getting desperate, and saw that Kimi's tyres were worn. So maybe he went in extra deep, hoping Kimi would follow & lose it.

I didn't mean "baited" in a negative way. But reading thru the responeses I've gotten in this thread, seems I am making something out of nothing

ioan
16th March 2008, 22:48
I don't think a driver has to force another into a mistake. A Ferrari just needs to steer around a Super Aguri, no mistakes required. It just looked like HK & KR both went deep and HK was able to hold it. Maybe HK sensed that Kimi was getting desperate, and saw that Kimi's tyres were worn. So maybe he went in extra deep, hoping Kimi would follow & lose it.

I didn't mean "baited" in a negative way. But reading thru the responeses I've gotten in this thread, seems I am making something out of nothing

Interesting enough you got 666 posts at this moment! :D

harsha
17th March 2008, 04:29
THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST :D :

Up the IRONS \m/

and on the topic...no i don't believe that Heikki foxed Kimi in any way...Kimi just overcooked it

Ranger
17th March 2008, 05:19
Brain fade from Kimi, he must have forgot there is a turn coming up.

As for the "made him make a mistake", that's just bull... , if he outbrakes himself it's because he fukced up not because anything else, given that driver is the only one controlling the brakes, not Heiki nor Lewy.

If Lewis was in Heikki's position he would've said "I tricked him" :D

But the truth is that Kimi made his own mistake for which no one else is responsible. I'm sure he wouldn't make any excuses for that.

leopard
17th March 2008, 05:29
I didn't see that way, Heikki was supposed to have higher place than it was if implementing proper strategy. He didn't do it only to Kimi but he was also giving hard pressure on Alonso. Ferrari drivers got that results from their style on driving by its nature :D

Valve Bounce
17th March 2008, 06:36

You got that right!!

Maybe you could say it in French?

Tazio
17th March 2008, 07:30
Kimi a-t-il été amorcé ?

Mark
17th March 2008, 07:42
If Kovalainen did 'trick' Kimi into going off, then great! Shows good race craft, but I don't think he did.

pino
17th March 2008, 07:56
It was a great duel and none did anything wrong...a part from Kimi missing the braking-point :p : Anyway nice attempt by Kimi, let's see more of it :up:

ioan
17th March 2008, 08:18
If Lewis was in Heikki's position he would've said "I tricked him" :D

And many would have believed him, again! ;)

SGWilko
17th March 2008, 11:28
One think we can tentatively take away from Melbourne is that, without TC, if you are disadvantaged with your grid position, abd are under pressure to make up places, errors are more likely to be made.

This is what proper racing is about.

Love it.

MAX_THRUST
17th March 2008, 12:10
I think the incident with the Toyota was more a case of brain fade, as for the Heiki incident, I felt Kimi forgot to break where he should asd Heiki swaped sides of the track,

great racing.

aryan
17th March 2008, 14:14
If Kovalainen did 'trick' Kimi into going off, then great! Shows good race craft, but I don't think he did.

Yes. Kimi made an amateur racing error which is very common in lower formulae: outbraking the car you've already passed.

Bagwan
17th March 2008, 15:29
Hook , line , and sinker .

Punked , truly , punked .

The Finn fought the Finn , and the Finn won