PDA

View Full Version : OT- Go Seabass go!

garyshell
16th March 2008, 06:07
WOW! What a debut for "the kid". Granted there was a lot of attrition and he had some great pit strategy, but he kept his nose clean throughout the entire race and he held off Alonso in the closing laps.

Well done Seabass!!! Well done indeed! Fourth place!!!

OH DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why did I start typing this before the race was checkered. A blown engine! He must be gutted.

Gary

ShiftingGears
16th March 2008, 06:14
Still picks up a point. He was driving well to keep Alonso and Heikki behind.

Jag_Warrior
16th March 2008, 06:46
Great drive by Bourdais! If not for the horse lump in the back of his car, he had Alonsita and Heikki well covered.

As for the race itself, Bernie should buy back the TV rights and burn all copies of that tape = not ready for prime time, 100% amateur hour.

nkracing
16th March 2008, 07:09
Great driving by Bourdais! It was pleasure to watch it.

bblocker68
16th March 2008, 07:58
He should get 2 points because Varsha, Hobbs and Matchett wouldn't shut their pie holes about Reuben's getting a DQ for exiting pit lane when there was a red light on exit.

Nice to get points when the whole world keeps saying your teammate is gonna wipe the floor with you.

Get 'em Seabass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

jimispeed
16th March 2008, 08:04
He seems to always show up on race day!! Great job Sebastian!!

Henry Cutts
16th March 2008, 08:47
Good drive! it's a shame about the end but he still scored 2 points so not bad for a rookie :)

fan-veteran
16th March 2008, 09:25
So, who else me wants PT in F1? Anyone? :)

tbyars
16th March 2008, 14:23
So, who else me wants PT in F1? Anyone? :)

I don't think PT could survive an F1 drive today. I believe he still has something left for IndyCars, but, physically, he couldn't run F1 any longer.

Great run for Seabass. Very impressive.

nanders
16th March 2008, 14:39
Nice to get points when the whole world keeps saying your teammate is gonna wipe the floor with you.

Including your team manager. I guess that's how they motivate people n F1.

Dr. Krogshöj
16th March 2008, 16:56
Including your team manager. I guess that's how they motivate people n F1.

His team manager was right, Seabass didn't impress in qualifying but came back very strong in the race.

grungex
16th March 2008, 17:18
I don't think PT could survive an F1 drive today. I believe he still has something left for IndyCars, but, physically, he couldn't run F1 any longer.

On what do you base this statement? He's used to driving a heavier car with no power steering or other driver aids on similar courses for similar time periods.

!!WALDO!!
16th March 2008, 17:37
Want to see it again. It is in Pre-race mode right now.

veeten
16th March 2008, 22:17
I don't think PT could survive an F1 drive today.

more like F1 couldn't suevive him. ;) :p

imagine contretemps between Alonso and Tracy? :eek:

introduce him to the 'chrome horn'. ;) :laugh:

Hoop-98
16th March 2008, 22:59
Smart drive, but he always was a smart savvy driver IMHO. Hope he continues to do well.

rh

tbyars
16th March 2008, 23:55
On what do you base this statement? He's used to driving a heavier car with no power steering or other driver aids on similar courses for similar time periods.
Grungex, I base it on the fact that it is my opinion. That's generally what "I don't think..." means for someone who reads the posts. I simply don't think PT, at his age and physical condition, could make it 5 laps in an F1 car in race conditions with the extreme g-force changes the drivers must endure.

If you don't agree, so be it.

!!WALDO!!
17th March 2008, 00:03
Grungex, I base it on the fact that it is my opinion. That's generally what "I don't think..." means for someone who reads the posts. I simply don't think PT, at his age and physical condition, could make it 5 laps in an F1 car in race conditions with the extreme g-force changes the drivers must endure.

He could last 5 laps or 58 laps.

IN MY OPINION.

grungex
17th March 2008, 00:04

So, in other words, you have no knowledge upon which to base your "opinion". Got it.

nigelred5
17th March 2008, 02:18
Seabass showed more than a bit of street racing experience today. The lack of traction control and launch control isn't a handicap to him and years of racing with PT has likely done him well. He stayed out of trouble in an otherwise horrible race.

jarrambide
17th March 2008, 03:37
Bourdais has always been the real deal, a few here hate the guy, I have been a fan since his second race in CART, watching in person how he passed car after car after car in a few laps was amazing.

Watching him on this race showed me his skills improved after all those years in CART/CC.

When Montoya moved to F1 I was sad because I would not see him drive in person, the same is true of SB, but they moved to the placed that always was their main goal, canīt blame them, if I had the chance to run OW cars I would also try to go to F1.

jarrambide
17th March 2008, 03:37
Bourdais has always been the real deal, a few here hate the guy, I have been a fan since his second race in CART, watching in person how he passed car after car after car in a few laps was amazing.

Watching him on this race showed me his skills improved after all those years in CART/CC.

When Montoya moved to F1 I was sad because I would not see him drive in person, the same is true of SB, but they moved to the placed that always was their main goal, canīt blame them, if I had the chance to run OW cars I would also try to go to F1.

nigelred5
18th March 2008, 16:31
I agree Jose, He's always been the real deal. In my case it was his personality that just never drew me to him, though I have already found myself rooting for him in F1, something I never did in Champcar. I guess what I always disliked about SB was from day 1, CART and CC was always CLEARLY not where he wanted to race, but more where he had the best opportunity to win while trying to get into F1. I suppose I shouldn't begrudge him for that as I do agree, an open wheeler's ultimate goal is F1. However he could have at least acted like he was having a good time once in a while.

jarrambide
6th April 2008, 15:43
Watched the F1 race (still drinking lots of coffee because I canīt go to sleep I just prepared pancakes for my wife and have to get ready to go to the MLS match to see the Dynamo and have to prepare the tivo to make sure it records the Indy race), still excited that 3 teams have only one point from each other.

Bourdais began in 15 and finished 15, nothing to call home about, but yet again he finished better than David Coulthard from, one of the drivers from the team that is supposed to be Team A, he also finished ahead of his teammate, but since he was a DNF Iīm not gonna use it as a comparison.

Iīm just saying that in a not so competitive team he is doing better than his teammate and a lot better than Coulthard who is in Red Bullīs better team, and that unlike STR drivers from last year he has not have to abandon the race because of personal errors, he has finish 2 out of 3 races and the only DNF was because of the engine, not bad, not bad at all.

jarrambide
6th April 2008, 15:43
Watched the F1 race (still drinking lots of coffee because I canīt go to sleep I just prepared pancakes for my wife and have to get ready to go to the MLS match to see the Dynamo and have to prepare the tivo to make sure it records the Indy race), still excited that 3 teams have only one point from each other.

Bourdais began in 15 and finished 15, nothing to call home about, but yet again he finished better than David Coulthard from, one of the drivers from the team that is supposed to be Team A, he also finished ahead of his teammate, but since he was a DNF Iīm not gonna use it as a comparison.

Iīm just saying that in a not so competitive team he is doing better than his teammate and a lot better than Coulthard who is in Red Bullīs better team, and that unlike STR drivers from last year he has not have to abandon the race because of personal errors, he has finish 2 out of 3 races and the only DNF was because of the engine, not bad, not bad at all.

Alfa Fan
6th April 2008, 15:58
Well Coulthard was taken out by Button during the race.....

jarrambide
6th April 2008, 16:02
Well Coulthard was taken out by Button during the race.....
And Bourdais had a broken engine 2 weeks ago, but after 3 races he has 2 points and Vettel and Coulthard have none, that is just my point, that Coulthard is in Team A and he has none and Bourdais has 2 driving in Team B, yet the season is very early and if logic prevails, Coulthard will have lots more points or at least will end almost every week in front of SB, but right now Bourdais is doing good, I like to see guys that were driving in this side of the world to do good in F1.

millencolin
7th April 2008, 03:36
Bourdais did well in Qualy this weekend. His race was a bit of a lonely affair, but remember Toro Rosso is still using last year's car. This year's car is a regular point scorer (if you have a ceertain Australian behind the wheel... woo!!!). When they get their new car, Toro Rosso might start challenging the midfield more often.

mikiec
7th April 2008, 13:05
They've also got the Ferarri engine in the Toro Rosso. The current car doesn't have much front-end grip apparently, so the two Sebasses are struggling with understeer all the time.

bblocker68
7th April 2008, 17:04
He's doing great so far, but could you imagine had badly he would have schooled the field at St. Pete yesterday?

Scott Goodyear would have been silent :)

weeflyonthewall
7th April 2008, 17:13
He's doing great so far, but could you imagine had badly he would have schooled the field at St. Pete yesterday?

Goodyear silent? What a splendid idea.

garyshell
7th April 2008, 19:07

Goodyear silent? What a splendid idea.

We could only hope...

Gary