PDA

View Full Version : Marco Shines in AGR's ALMS Acura

pits4me
15th March 2008, 16:30
Just caught the first TV leg of Sebring, Marco has found his element - road courses in high tech equipment. I hope the ICS people are taking notes.

Hoop-98
15th March 2008, 16:44
Less power, traction control, more downforce = high tech?

pits4me
15th March 2008, 17:19
All boils down to fan perception Hoop. My point has more to do with the attraction road racing and street racing bring to open wheel. Graham Rahal has made it pretty clear he favors more non-oval events. Thats why he chose CC over IRL in the first place. Marco is demonstrating his desire on the track.

Just caught the first TV leg of Sebring, Marco has found his element - road courses in high tech equipment. I hope the ICS people are taking notes.

Hoop-98
15th March 2008, 18:16
I think, with all due respect, in this case it all boils down to some fans perceptions of some other fans perceptions :)

I enjoy the LMPs technically, but hard to get too involved with the 'racing" but that's a matter of preference.

rh

veeten
15th March 2008, 19:51
just goes to show how well a driver thrives when the organization he drives for can afford on a plethora of opportunities. Remember, it's AGR that can offer him this chance in both ALMS & ICS, as they did Kanaan, Franchitti, Dixon, Herta and many others.

Same goes for Penske, Ganassi and the other former CART/present IRL team owners that now have successful entries in ALMS, Grand Am, and NASCAR. Rahal has his factory-backed BMW M3 GT2 coming later in the season, with Graham driving. After all, he was doing racing in their Porsche GT2 car last season.

edv
15th March 2008, 20:02
Well, they just interviewed Scott Sharp, who gushed that the prototype was the most high-tech vehicle he's ever driven.

IndyCar Garage
16th March 2008, 19:31
Ryan Briscoe's team also ran a pretty good race. I think he's going to "surprise" some people in the series this year. He had a great 500 last year and all of his road course experience in other series will be extremely valuable for Penske this year...

-IndyCar Garage
http://www.indycargarage.com

Hoop-98
16th March 2008, 20:56
Well, they just interviewed Scott Sharp, who gushed that the prototype was the most high-tech vehicle he's ever driven.

No doubt it's the highest downforce car he has ever driven, lot's of grip, low power, traction control, remember when that was bad :)

I like most all.

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with...

rh

Placid
16th March 2008, 21:14

Not only ICS, but also F1. He is in the element on the road.

Civic
16th March 2008, 21:54
Dixon to my knowledge has done Grand Am, but not ALMS.

bblocker68
17th March 2008, 20:22
Did he do a triple stint, or was that just the tires? Man, he really looked good out there. Nice and smooth with no off's or miscue's that I could see. He even looked good through turn 5(?), where the Audi's and others were struggling big time.

weeflyonthewall
18th March 2008, 04:50
Marco did very well, so did Franchitti's brother.