PDA

View Full Version : Crash at turn 1

F1boat
15th March 2008, 10:11
Aren't you afraid that without TC F1 might begin with a terrible crash tomorrow? Especially if you see that ruthless Hamilton and ambitious Kubica or on front row, with Massa in P4, and with the World Champions in the second half of the grid. Remember what happened in 2001. I am really concerned.

Ranger
15th March 2008, 10:22
In Oz 2001 it was a tragic accident. There is no use worrying about these freak occurences as there are many examples of large accidents without serious injury.

Otherwise I would be inclined to agree, I expect a turn 1 collision.

Valve Bounce
15th March 2008, 10:32
Aren't you afraid that without TC F1 might begin with a terrible crash tomorrow? Especially if you see that ruthless Hamilton and ambitious Kubica or on front row, with Massa in P4, and with the World Champions in the second half of the grid. Remember what happened in 2001. I am really concerned.

Don't worry Jose!! Junior is at the back, so the only one who should worry are the Super Aguris. :p :

OMIGOG!! Where is Glock??

F1boat
15th March 2008, 10:40
Don't worry Jose!! Junior is at the back, so the only one who should worry are the Super Aguris. :p :

OMIGOG!! Where is Glock??

After punishment, I think 19th.

ShiftingGears
15th March 2008, 12:31
It'll be fine.

Tazio
15th March 2008, 12:42
Personally I have both BMW's placing in my picks (with RK 4th I think) But My question is:
Are BMW also sansbagging about this?
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/080312144635.shtml

Sleeper
15th March 2008, 15:29
The potential for a turn one crash is always there, and like always, it'll be due to someone getting their bracking wrong and plowing into those infront, nothing to do with TC, though the lack of help with engine braking will increase the chances of this happening.

maxu05
15th March 2008, 16:15
I would expect at least a few touches in turn one. It will be an interesting start non the less. I think your concerns are justified F1boat, as I don't think it will be plain sailing through turn 1. Should be a great race though.

jens
15th March 2008, 17:28
Funny, we haven't had a 'proper' Turn 1 crash for a while and last year here was a thread about the lack of start accidents. :p :

Indeed, the amount of driver errors has increased and somebody might be completely out of shape in Turn1,... but might also not. And it's not just about Turn1. Also the possibility of seeing an accident in mid-race is bigger than before, which would create a SC-session and that would turn everything around...

mirek01
15th March 2008, 20:34
I'm almost sure there will be a crash tomorrow but we will see.

SGWilko
15th March 2008, 20:42
Especially if you see that ruthless Hamilton

:laugh: Maybe he should politely let the rest go by before making his start. Imagine that ruthlessness, trying to make up places at every opportunity - such insolence..... :rolleyes:

PSfan
15th March 2008, 21:34
:laugh: Maybe he should politely let the rest go by before making his start. Imagine that ruthlessness, trying to make up places at every opportunity - such insolence..... :rolleyes:

Well maybe he should at least refrain from doing the schumy chop for the first couple races until he and the rest of the grid have a little more "no traction control" experience...

Valve Bounce
15th March 2008, 23:20
I am willing to predict that either Junior or Glock, and maybe both would be involved in incidents during the race where at least one car and maybe more would have to retire.

Feel free to quote this and laugh at me if it doesn't happen. :p :

TMorel
15th March 2008, 23:28
Davidson will nurf Junior and Massa will drop it all by himself, but everyone else will get thru turn 1 ok

Later on Kimi will recover all due to safety cars and finish on the podium

that's my prediction

Valve Bounce
15th March 2008, 23:32
Davidson will nurf Junior and Massa will drop it all by himself, but everyone else will get thru turn 1 ok

Later on Kimi will recover all due to safety cars and finish on the podium

that's my prediction

Hope not!! It's about time ant has a bit of luck, and see Junior wipe Glock out at the first turn after the start. :eek:

Valve Bounce
15th March 2008, 23:45
..............and then we still have Sutil and Bordais in that mix. I just can't see Junior, Glock, Sutil and Bordais all getting through turn 1 lap 1 unscathed.

Tazio
16th March 2008, 00:08
Whether light on fuel or not (I happen to be guessing not) Kubica will make a hard run at Turn#1, and both LH, and HK better have their eyes open. I suspect FM to be a little conservative on the start, with Kimi so far back in the field! THat's what I think. That's probably why you should expect the opposite!

Valve Bounce
16th March 2008, 00:37
Whether light on fuel or not (I happen to be guessing not) Kubica will make a hard run at Turn#1, and both LH, and HK better have their eyes open. I suspect FM to be a little conservative on the start, with Kimi so far back in the field! That's what I think. That's probably why you should expect the opposite!

Just read this on Autosport that Heiki expects a good start from the clean side of the grid, and with Trax, Lewis could break free from the rest of the field at the start. Anyone getting too excited and forgetting they don't have Trax will have a very poor start and be drowned by the cars behind.
This will indeed be a very interesting turn 1 after the start today.

ShiftingGears
16th March 2008, 06:15
It'll be fine.

Whoops.

F1boat
16th March 2008, 06:41

I didn't mean it as an insult. Just I was afraid that when a firm defender meets young ambitious rival, sometimes troble hits, like M Shumacher and Montoya in the past.
Good that the crash wasn't that bad. :)

Ranger
16th March 2008, 06:44
Massa will drop it all by himself,

We have a winner!

Spinning by yourself at Turn 1 = not a good look.

Although Ferrari altogether will be kicking themselves after that race.

SGWilko
16th March 2008, 07:13
Massa will drop it all by himself,

The Tarot cards are on song...... ;)

Valve Bounce
16th March 2008, 09:13
We have a winner!

Spinning by yourself at Turn 1 = not a good look.

Although Ferrari altogether will be kicking themselves after that race.

New hit song: You need Trax!!