PDA

View Full Version : New record

Erki
13th March 2008, 13:07
Drove 300km(190miles) today. New record for me. :) And all this before 2pm. :s mokin:

No more driving today.. :p

Brown, Jon Brow
13th March 2008, 14:05
I haven't done much long distance driving but I think my record is 162miles in the morning, then 50odd miles in the evening. An evening of memories and regrets :bigcry:

MrJan
13th March 2008, 19:17
Wouldn't have a clue what my best is. I've driven to Uxbridge and back in one day, same with Cardiff.

Magnus
13th March 2008, 20:30
We had a similiar thread not long ago. As far as I recall I was up there with the maniacs, but I think it was some Australian or American who had the most stupid record.

Mine was BTW over 7000 kms in one week. 4000 of them with trailer and at most abt 2000 kms/day. Running havoc around Europe, fighting clogging sparkpluggs and snowstorms this was one of the worst weeks of my life. I also ran out of money since I by mistake got my old expired creditcard along with me, and they had shut down all exchange offices due to he implementation of the Euro. (It was in december 2001). The gasindicator was broken aswell, and since the engine was giving up its breath I had to stop now and then to clean the plugs. Ran out of fuel twice, and I was somewhat embarrased when I had to talk to the same lady both of the times(on xmaseve and on xmasday). I have painful memories also of sitting on autobahn somewhere in the middle of the night, freezing cold, trying to fix the lights of the trailer. Had to borrow money on the boat to Denmark som I could get home. When I finally arrived in Sunne, in Värmland, my father called and asked me if I could maybe go down to France and pick them up; their BMW 7-series had broken down (mine was a Volvo 245)and they had their dog along aswell. Today I would have said no. But it was a good thing anyway, since I couldn´t afford to take the trailer on the ferry and had to park it in Puttgarten; now I had a good reason to pick it up. Naturally another snowstorm ht me on the way down to France.
Aaaargh. The memories. Today the answer would have been NO!!! NO! NO! NO! NOOOOOO!!!!!!
Excuse me for screaming.

So what do we learn from this? Never ever help your parents :)

JSH
13th March 2008, 21:06
I drove from Melbourne to Bathurst once(with a co-driver). That was about 900km all up....

More recently done several Detroit to Indianapolis, Detroit to Chicago trips at a couple hundred miles each...

Daniel
13th March 2008, 21:52
Caroline drove 500 miles in a day before early afternoon to pick some Australian up from Heathrow. When I was in South Africa we did about 1400 km's in a day. For some reason i chose not to go to the toilet at all till we got to our destination. Bad idea.

Easy Drifter
14th March 2008, 19:03
Just over 200 miles in 2 hrs. But it was in a race. Yes, I am also one of those with mega miles in 24 hrs. usually hauling race cars. Not any more.

raybak
16th March 2008, 03:10
I did Perth in Western Australia to Kilmore in Victoria in 47 hours, it's only 3472km

Ray

ramboautotools
30th March 2008, 19:59
I’ve driven to Leipzig and back again in a day, only got 20 minutes or so there tho. (from england, sussex btw)
Alex