PDA

View Full Version : Walker or FCR for Tracy at LBGP?

weeflyonthewall
13th March 2008, 02:13
If Tags goes in the FCR car for Long Beach where does that leave Tracy? Maybe the Walker Racing rumor has some teeth. Way to go Derrick! Will this be a MONSTER deal or what?

RJL25
13th March 2008, 02:50
dont know where else the cash could have come from...

Chamoo
13th March 2008, 06:24
I'd expect FCR to run 3 cars at LBGP so Tags and PT will probably both be in a ride at LB.

Civic
13th March 2008, 08:26
I thought PT already said he'd be at LB with FCR?

dataman1
13th March 2008, 12:54
I'd expect FCR to run 3 cars at LBGP so Tags and PT will probably both be in a ride at LB.

I agree and believe I have seen that in print. I looked but could not find the statement from Micklewright where he said they would run 3 DP01's.

BobGarage
13th March 2008, 13:02
^^^ here you go...

It simply comes down to finances,” said Neil Micklewright, VP of Operations for FCR. “We’ve been unable to find sponsorship, and so Forsythe Championship Racing is done. I’m going to try and keep a core group going so that we might try and run IndyCars in 2009 – I believe that is still a possibility. But again it’s dependent on sponsorship.

“We will be taking part in the Long Beach Grand Prix to fulfill our legal obligation to the track. We’ll have at least three cars, maybe more.”

Chamoo
13th March 2008, 16:29
^^^ here you go...

I'd expect to see every DP01 ever built on track that day.

It's too bad they won't open LB up to Lola's and Reynard's, or any relatively recent CC chassis. Why not fill the place. From the sounds of it, there will be a whole bunch of cars on track.

FCR - Minimum 3
Minardi - Minimum 3, it could be run as Minardi 2 cars, HVM 1.
KV Tecnologies - Minimum 2, I'd expect 3, one maybe for JV.
Dale Coyne - Most likely 2
Conquest - Minimum 2, they have one brand new car, and last year's car. Plus they will have 2 IRL cars, so they will probably run both of them at LB to get points.
PCM - No reason they wouldn't run 2 cars.
Rocketsports - They have 2 cars, GF will make sure they both get on the grid.
Walker - Already said he'd be at LB, just don't know who will be driving, and whether he'll do 1 or 2.
NHL - They'll be there with JW and GR. They will probably run three as well, don't know who the third would be.

I figure GF will spend a whole boat load of cash on this as his final FU TG. It's just a matter of figuring out who will drive for who.

FCR - PT seems like a good bet, Tags has been mentioned for a ride, and third car could be any number of people, Montagny maybe? Hinchcliffe?
Minardi - I don't know what RD is doing this year, but he'll probably be there if there are no conflicts. Baumgartner will probably be driving, and Viso as well.
KV - Power and Servia have already been confirmed, and probably JV for the third seat, if they run 3.
Dale Coyne - Bruno and whoever brings the cheque to the IRL for him, seems like Moraes is a good bet.
Conquest - Perera is already confirmed. If PT runs for Conquest, then that would open up a spot either at Conquest for LB or FCR for LB. Nelson Phillipe maybe?
PCM - Alex Figge will definately be there, maybe they put Dominguez in a car or Martinez? Maybe bring back Dalziel?
Walker - Could be any that shows up. Probably someone like Marshall who drove for him before or maybe he runs his Atlantic kids.
NHL - Wilson and Rahal will be there, but I figure they will run three cars. Maybe put Zanardi in the third car? I thought Seabass, but, chances are Toro Rosso won't let him run it, even though it's on a off F1 weekend. Maybe Montagny. I don't know, it's basically a wildcard.

nanders
13th March 2008, 17:18
Do you think that any drivers will jet back from Japan and drive?

dataman1
13th March 2008, 18:38
If KK were to allow the use of his personal jet there could be drivers from the Japan race in Long Beach provided the rules were adjusted to allow for non-qualified cars to start the race or allowing proxy drivers to qualify the cars.

I can not think of any IRL drivers with DP01 experience but since this is the last big event for these cars who knows.

Any ideas on an IRL driver that could jump in a DP01 and do a respectable job? RHR comes to mind.

Chamoo
13th March 2008, 23:48
If KK were to allow the use of his personal jet there could be drivers from the Japan race in Long Beach provided the rules were adjusted to allow for non-qualified cars to start the race or allowing proxy drivers to qualify the cars.

I can not think of any IRL drivers with DP01 experience but since this is the last big event for these cars who knows.

Any ideas on an IRL driver that could jump in a DP01 and do a respectable job? RHR comes to mind.

Briscoe could probably pull it off.

weeflyonthewall
13th March 2008, 23:54
I agree and believe I have seen that in print. I looked but could not find the statement from Micklewright where he said they would run 3 DP01's.

FCR is becoming Forsythe Performance Research. Conquest is their first customer.
LINK for the doubting Thomas's
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/indycar-forsythe-opens-consulting-business/

Chamoo
14th March 2008, 00:41

I doubt the IRL would allow anyone to do both races. They would get an unfair advantage from running two races to someone who only runs one race.

The only thing I could see them do is allow only CC teams to run both, since they really won't be challenging for the championship this year, and it would boost both races car count.

evo5_mat
14th March 2008, 00:55
hmmm with all these cars running or possibly running, what a waste of a series that they couldnt do this for a whole season???

This could have helped the series, making tracks that when published on a schedule stay on the schedule, and a series that recognised world wide due to good racing, driver development, if want to say feeder series to F1, large crowds.
It could have made a better situation that we have now, with champcar teams either not committed to IRL or waiting for the 2010 car and taking the position we be at the back of the field and take TG money for a few years.

well lets just hope its a fun race weekend and send champcar off in style

Civic
14th March 2008, 01:17
FCR should tab Memo. He was doing good at LB until he got short changed at the pump.

seppefan
14th March 2008, 15:30
Adam Carroll could try after driving the RuSport car in Mexico in 06 but maybe all too much of a risk for their reputations and on a street circuit they do not know.