PDA

View Full Version : Stoddart tempted by return to F1

CNR
12th March 2008, 20:15
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/65637

When asked by autosport.com in Melbourne on Wednesday if he has any desire to return to F1, Stoddart said: "I have. Just recently I looked at coming back (through Super Aguri) and I will probably look at it again if the opportunity comes. But the reality is it will be quite hard for me to come back if Max is still there.

N. Jones
12th March 2008, 20:21
Love him or hate him he does get people talking! I would love to see him return.

Placid
12th March 2008, 20:42
I prefer to see him as Stoddart Racing and become the 12th team. Look how well he did in Champ Car.

woody2goody
12th March 2008, 21:35
Could he resurrect the Minardi name? I know a lot of the Toro Rosso guys worked for him at Minardi. Whether they went back or not, it would be fun to cheer for Minardi again!

Rollo
12th March 2008, 22:48
He was on the list of people looking at Super Aguri true (though that was taken up by the mysterious "Magma Group"), but I don't understand given the connections that Stoddart previously had why he would persuade Mohd Tahir to start up a Malaysia Proton F1 thing.

Perhaps this was a little short-circuited when the Proton-Volkswagen deal was aborted. It would have been no skin off Volkswagen AG's nose to risk the Proton brand in F1 had they made the link.

jonny hurlock
13th March 2008, 00:26
be great if Paul came back into f1, he'll for sure piss off the likes of max mosely, ron dennis and co

Roamy
13th March 2008, 01:06
This would be good for F1 and I hope he can pull it off.

Hawkmoon
13th March 2008, 02:16
It was a happy day when he left. It would be a sad day if he were to return. Stoddart added nothing to F1 but hot air. I doubt he would be any different if he were to come back.

Azumanga Davo
13th March 2008, 02:49
He was one who didn't hang about in putting his views forward, which I liked. I would certainly look forward to anything he does in the F1 future.

wmcot
13th March 2008, 05:56
If he comes back, it will sure give us all a lot more to talk about...just like the good ol' days.

TMorel
13th March 2008, 08:37
Maybe it's what we need.
Someone who both McLaren and Ferarri supporters can come together and pour scorn over instead of fighting amongst themselves

ioan
13th March 2008, 09:52
It was a happy day when he left. It would be a sad day if he were to return. Stoddart added nothing to F1 but hot air. I doubt he would be any different if he were to come back.

Completely agree with you!
Real F1 fans need racing not hot air blowers. :D

MAX_THRUST
13th March 2008, 10:22
at least he kept F1 in check and Mad Max Mosley on his toes. Would love to see him back just to wind up Ferrari and any other team that needs reminding what the sport is about. SPORT, not how much money and court cases. Last year would have been so much more fun if Paul had been there to add his two pence worth, more over Max wouldn't bully Ron so much if he had Paul to fight with.

ioan
13th March 2008, 11:19
at least he kept F1 in check and Mad Max Mosley on his toes.

Yeah sure!
That's why he left because he was keeping F1 in check. Or because he came to F1 only for the big bucks (way yo big for him) and when that didn't happen he moaned and when no one cared about the poor SOD he just left.

ArrowsFA1
13th March 2008, 11:25
I think Max & Bernie have ensured there is no place in F1 for the likes of Stoddart.

F1boat
13th March 2008, 12:05
Stoddart bashed F1 and Ferrari and recently betrayed (IMO) Indy Car. To me he is useless and unpleasant. I value the Minardi team, but despise him personally.

MAX_THRUST
13th March 2008, 12:14
Why do you all hate him so much. Anything that keeps team onwners on there toes is good, as for betraying Indycar.........? He's never been in Indycars, he was in CCWS though.

I think your right about MAx and Bernie not wanting him back......

13th March 2008, 12:35
I think Max & Bernie have ensured there is no place in F1 for the likes of Stoddart.

Well that just shows that Max & Bernie aren't all bad.

F1boat
13th March 2008, 13:08

:)

N. Jones
13th March 2008, 13:26
People who speak their minds are always welcome; just look at all of those people that frequent this forum! (...maybe he is on here too - stirring up trouble!)

Azumanga Davo
13th March 2008, 15:40
Yeah sure!
That's why he left because he was keeping F1 in check. Or because he came to F1 only for the big bucks (way yo big for him) and when that didn't happen he moaned and when no one cared about the poor SOD he just left.

Have a look in the gun control in America thread, no one cares about the poor SOD in there either. ;)

jso1985
14th March 2008, 02:19

:D

Stoddart only moaned and moaned since he realized he wasn't going to earn much money in F1! and what he did for Minardi? besides saving them from bankruptcy, nothing! absolutely nothing

wmcot
14th March 2008, 05:41
People who speak their minds are always welcome; just look at all of those people that frequent this forum! (...maybe he is on here too - stirring up trouble!)

He's not into kool aid, is he? ;)

Azumanga Davo
14th March 2008, 06:53
More of a Ribena bloke, probably...

RS
14th March 2008, 09:10
Stoddart is right though, if they had given him the new entry rather than DR's farcial Prodrive effort at least there would be another team on the grid this weekend!