PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to Long Beach?

!!WALDO!!
12th March 2008, 01:57
Just curious as being in Chicago is tough but I have a girl in the area that will wander over on Saturday.

grantb4
12th March 2008, 04:22
Just curious as being in Chicago is tough but I have a girl in the area that will wander over on Saturday.

Might go for one day, ... no sure which though.

Civic
12th March 2008, 06:56
I'll be there Friday and Saturday as usual.

!!WALDO!!
12th March 2008, 17:37
I'll be there Friday and Saturday as usual.

No Sunday?

Civic
12th March 2008, 17:46
Too crowded for me on Sundays. People always shoving, especially on top of the turn to the back straight. It's hard to take good photos when it's packed like sardines. I'd rather watch the race on TV. If I went on Sunday I'd be so tired and would really have a case of the "Mundaze" on Monday when I drag myself into work.

!!WALDO!!
12th March 2008, 17:49
I'd be so tired and would really have a case of the "Mundaze" on Monday when I drag myself into work.

Oh yes, but for some reason the older I get the more energy. I now work out and will in about an hour and half. I wish I had done this 40 years ago as maybe I wouldn't have three stents in my heart.

dataman1
12th March 2008, 20:31
My last working race. I am scheduled to be there working as an official. I work in the same truck that tech inspection is attached or out on pit lane. Stop by and say hello. I should be at the track on Tuesday through Sunday. Find the Champ Car trucks and ask for Jay.

Hey Waldo! I have 7 stents and have had open heart with 4 bypass graphs but I keep on ticking and kicking.

!!WALDO!!
12th March 2008, 21:24
Hey Waldo! I have 7 stents and have had open heart with 4 bypass graphs but I keep on ticking and kicking.

That is good. It is amazing what they can do to keep us alive now a days.

Mine is kinky arteries but I am in the best shape physically of my life.

I got an idea for you. No more of that stuff!! :)

cartpix
12th March 2008, 22:09
I'll be there all 3 days, between the fences, taking pictures. I'll have to find alternate affiliation, to shoot any IRL races, though, unless they run with ALMS or something my current affiliation want to cover. I have an iron or 2, in the fire, right now.

Jeff

!!WALDO!!
12th March 2008, 22:15
I'll be there all 3 days, between the fences, taking pictures. I'll have to find alternate affiliation, to shoot any IRL races, though, unless they run with ALMS or something my current affiliation want to cover. I have an iron or 2, in the fire, right now.

Jeff

Good luck with those irons. Dedication to the sport is more important than continuing to hold grudges.
I got over mine in 1979 and I found that grudges, hatred and general nastiness is a waste of good emotions. I would rather spend it on three blondes, a brunette and a red head AND my Ex-Wife.

Funny I get along with them real easily.

Cart750hp
12th March 2008, 22:54
I would rather spend it on three blondes, a brunette and a red head AND my Ex-Wife.

Funny I get along with them real easily.

Oh yes. As long as you don't give a crap about a thing (them), you will always have the upper hand and you have more choices. Once you fall into it or once you married one of them, it won't be easy. My father once asked me, "name one benefit to a man for getting married?"...that was when I was 25. And now I'm 30, still no answer to it. Enjoy your own life. Living alone doesn't mean you're alone. Why make your life complicated than it already is?

Let's get back to racing!

!!WALDO!!
12th March 2008, 22:59
Oh yes. As long as you don't give a crap about a thing (them), you will always have the upper hand and you have more choices. Once you fall into it or once you married one of them, it won't be easy. My father once asked me, "name one benefit to a man for getting married?"...that was when I was 25. And now I'm 30, still no answer to it. Enjoy your own life. Living alone doesn't mean you're alone. Why make your life complicated than it already is?

Let's get back to racing!

One of the blondes knows more about racing than I do!! :)

Saw a picture of her age 4 with a smiling Foyt at Langhorne in 1964. She said to A.J. "Wish you were Parnelli."

That is starting them young!

evo5_mat
13th March 2008, 00:28
yep flying in from england and marshalling on the turn station just past the harpin, should be doing the flagging hopefully for last champcar race, i be in whites

!!WALDO!!
13th March 2008, 01:26
yep flying in from england and marshalling on the turn station just past the harpin, should be doing the flagging hopefully for last champcar race, i be in whites

Have a safe trip and a safe race.

pits4me
13th March 2008, 01:49

My first Long Beach race was the 5000, looking down on the hairpin from the LBGPA suites. Looking forward to this year but the days of a hot pit pass are over.

Ces't La Vie; grand bonheur allé aigre. La roche n'est pas plus

dataman1
13th March 2008, 12:52
Mine is kinky arteries but I am in the best shape physically of my life.

I got an idea for you. No more of that stuff!! :)

My issue is all heredity. Been through multiple studies even with Mayo clinic. So I just have to live on Brother!

!!WALDO!!
13th March 2008, 16:21
My issue is all heredity. Been through multiple studies even with Mayo clinic. So I just have to live on Brother!

Some of mine is heredity. My HDL is 5 points higher than my LDL so I am nice and clean up there and down below after a clean bill down there. So if someone says I am full of it, they are wrong! ;)

seppefan
13th March 2008, 17:20
Yes.

Six of us flying in from england.

!!WALDO!!
13th March 2008, 19:19
Yes.

Six of us flying in from england.

Have a very safe flight.

!!WALDO!!
23rd March 2008, 07:24
So this it it? The last race of the greatest and most beautiful car ever built. Remember it is still Kalkhoven and Forsythe as promoters and Paul Tracy in his only likely ride of the year and this is it?

Sad. :mad: :mad:

RaikkonenRules
23rd March 2008, 18:08
So with just 9 Champcar entries for the Indycar Series how many cars will there be at Long Beach

23rd March 2008, 19:18
So this it it? The last race of the greatest and most beautiful car ever built.

"Most Beautiful"? I didn't know that any Brabham BT46's would be there?

It's just that you seriously cannot be referring to that dull-as-ditchwater-looks-like-every-other-F1-feeder-series car that ChampCar commissioned?

And surely the title "Greatest car ever built" should at least go to one that proved it in competition, not racing against itself.

!!WALDO!!
23rd March 2008, 19:36
"Most Beautiful"? I didn't know that any Brabham BT46's would be there?

It's just that you seriously cannot be referring to that dull-as-ditchwater-looks-like-every-other-F1-feeder-series car that ChampCar commissioned?

And surely the title "Greatest car ever built" should at least go to one that proved it in competition, not racing against itself.

Not my beliefs but the beliefs of those who think so. This is the last race and nobody is going. Yet, the ICS should dump their formula TODAY for the DP01, 6 days before race one.

jimispeed
23rd March 2008, 19:46
My plans are to be there!!

garyshell
10th April 2008, 21:00
Are any of you planning to go to the "Yardhouse"? (I think that's the name of the bar.) There was some talk at one time of a forum get together there on Friday or Saturday. I was HOPING that there might be wireless access there and one of you fine folks in attendance might be willing to lug a webcam enabled laptop so that the rest of us unwashed masses might partake of a few while doing some "virtual benchracing".

Gary

cartpix
10th April 2008, 22:02
Are any of you planning to go to the "Yardhouse"? (I think that's the name of the bar.) There was some talk at one time of a forum get together there on Friday or Saturday. I was HOPING that there might be wireless access there and one of you fine folks in attendance might be willing to lug a webcam enabled laptop so that the rest of us unwashed masses might partake of a few while doing some "virtual benchracing".

Gary

The last time I met someone, at the Yardhouse on race weekend, it was a zoo. Crowded, loud, drunks, you name it. We ended up going to a quieter spot & having a bite to eat.

I will be there, btw.

Jeff

maxmach
11th April 2008, 00:24
I'm gonna try to be there, my work is very variable, so I won't know until Thursday. I used to live in the South Bay, and attended about 8-9 LBGP'S.
If I can go I will.

More importantly, let's get the drivers who should be "in" the series in the friggen series. Paul, Tags, Doornbus, hell, let's get AJ back and Frankitty, Hornish and Speed and what the hell, Villeneuve's got to be trippin on his driving suit somewhere......
We can't step on our dic$& now.

pits4me
11th April 2008, 02:10
The last time I met someone, at the Yardhouse on race weekend, it was a zoo. Crowded, loud, drunks, you name it. We ended up going to a quieter spot & having a bite to eat.

I will be there, btw.

Jeff

Looking forward to a great event. Yardhouse is bad even on a regular week night without a race in town. I prefer the Rock Bottom Brewery on Pine & Ocean.

pitwall3
11th April 2008, 02:36
We are meeting up with a group at the Rock Bottom on Thursday night to have a few brew.

Civic
11th April 2008, 02:43
I'm going Thursday and Friday (Thursday is free, Friday is free with a Coke voucher at places like am/pm) and Saturday. Can't wait!

Hoop-98
11th April 2008, 03:23
I'm dithering, It's a grand or so, maybe 2 oop (out of pocket) to see the last hurrah and I havnt jumped yet, but dang I hate to miss it.

I'm flying DTW > IAH on Friday and have to be in Laredo on Tuesday.

I really hate to miss it :)

We shall see I guess,
BTW Remember 2005 when we worried who would be there.

I was there on Thursday.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12535584@N05/sets/72157602976947410/

Wow that was only 3 years ago, what a lot has changed.

rh

Hotlavaaaa
11th April 2008, 11:32
Are there any other free friday offers other than the coke one?

11th April 2008, 12:20
Are there any other free friday offers other than the coke one?

Depends on the relationship you've got with your dealer, surely?