PDA

View Full Version : Teleconferences tomorrow

BobGarage
11th March 2008, 22:54
Newman/Haas/Lanigan Racing drivers Graham Rahal and Justin Wilson will discuss their debuts in the IndyCar Series during the Indy Racing League teleconference on Wednesday, March 12. Representatives from KV Racing Technology also will be on the call to discuss the team's plans for 2008.

Rahal finished fifth in the Champ Car World Series last season as a rookie, recording a best finish of second at Houston. Wilson finished second in the Champ Car championship. He led 113 laps, earned two pole positions and won one race at Assen, Netherlands.

Following Rahal and Wilson, representatives from KV Racing Technology will announce its plans for the 2008 season.

Rahal and Wilson will be available at 2 p.m. (ET). Representatives from KV Racing Technology will be available at 2:20 p.m (ET).

guess we are about to start hearing sdome team news/announcements....

DBell
12th March 2008, 02:41
Sounds like Servia and Powers will be announced as KV drivers. Along with Rahal and Wilson, that's 4. How many after that?

BobGarage
12th March 2008, 08:16
Sounds like Servia and Powers will be announced as KV drivers. Along with Rahal and Wilson, that's 4. How many after that?

Perera has already been announced at Conquest so thats 5.

I am 90% sure we will hear at some point that bruno is with DCR in a 1 car effort.
But I'm really not sure after that.....

PT in 2nd conquest seat? maybe.
minardi?
PCM?

ASCAR24/7/365.5
12th March 2008, 09:19
just been announced on autosport that stoddart WONT be going to the irl

ArrowsFA1
12th March 2008, 10:31
minardi?
Paul Stoddart has decided not to enter his Minardi Team USA in the Indy Racing League this season.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/65634

garyshell
12th March 2008, 15:22
just been announced on autosport that stoddart WONT be going to the irl

But apparently Keith Wiggins, his partner, will.

Gary

DBell
12th March 2008, 16:18
But apparently Keith Wiggins, his partner, will.

Gary

I hope so Gary, but I'm wondering where the money is going to come from. Wiggins was never flush with cash before. Maybe RD sponsors are still in play. I thought with Assen gone their interest would go with it, but maybe not.

Osiris333
12th March 2008, 16:33
Things are starting to look bleak for the ICS. Only a few Champ Car teams to the grid, no Paul Tracy and with no hope of a new engine\chasis combination anytime soon, no real reason for me to watch. I know a lot of CC fans feel the same way.

Unless something is done soon, there will be no bounce from the merger at all. TG has to give us a reason to watch, and the same crappy IRL package trolling around in circles in places like Iowa and Kentucky ain't it.

And it all seemed so promising a few weeks ago. Thank god F-1 starts this weekend.

bblocker68
12th March 2008, 17:28
Patience is a virtue my friend. I believe the ones who stick this out will reap the benefits.

bblocker68
12th March 2008, 17:41
I'm not surpised by some people on this board being mad at what is going on, but I dont see how you can expect a 50/50 deal when it was not an even partnership. This doesn't seem like a merger to me, it feels more like when CanAm folded and merged into Open Wheel Raing. Does anyone else see that parallel??

Man, I wonder what the CCF site is going through. I can only imagine how PO'd they are nowadays.

jimispeed
12th March 2008, 18:56
I'm not surpised by some people on this board being mad at what is going on, but I dont see how you can expect a 50/50 deal when it was not an even partnership. This doesn't seem like a merger to me, it feels more like when CanAm folded and merged into Open Wheel Raing. Does anyone else see that parallel??

Man, I wonder what the CCF site is going through. I can only imagine how PO'd they are nowadays.

Yeah, I see that paralell.. Champcar was too great of a series on all fronts in racing, to be swallowed like this.

But, don't talk about it too much, the moderators would rather we quickly forget it!!

garyshell
12th March 2008, 19:16
Yeah, I see that paralell.. Champcar was too great of a series on all fronts in racing, to be swallowed like this.

But, don't talk about it too much, the moderators would rather we quickly forget it!!

Come on jimi, don't you think that is just a bit of hyperbole? When have the mods EVER admonished anyone in that fashion? No one has EVER suggeted that anyone forget. There have been suggestions that it was time to move on as dwelling in the past will have no effect on what happens next. The horse is out of the barn now and all the hand wringing and looking back over the shoulder is not about to change that.

Your message imples that the mods have censored such talk and that is just not the case.

Gary

PTCrash3
12th March 2008, 19:22
Things are starting to look bleak for the ICS. Only a few Champ Car teams to the grid, no Paul Tracy and with no hope of a new engine\chasis combination anytime soon, no real reason for me to watch. I know a lot of CC fans feel the same way.

Unless something is done soon, there will be no bounce from the merger at all. TG has to give us a reason to watch, and the same crappy IRL package trolling around in circles in places like Iowa and Kentucky ain't it.

And it all seemed so promising a few weeks ago. Thank god F-1 starts this weekend.

I find it interesting that Forsythe is lending assistance to Conquest. Perhaps it all hangs on PT's ability to bring in Monster money.

db

bblocker68
12th March 2008, 19:49
I keep waiting for Demolicionchica to post a hand slapping.......

cartpix
12th March 2008, 20:35

I guess they wouldn't be so mad, if they would just accept the facts. I isn't a merger. Champ Car went under & TG offered to provide life rafts to the refugees. The IRL took a few races, that would fit into their schedule. They couldn't very well cancel races, already on their schedule & open themselves up to legal repercussions, just to please Champ Car fans. Those that think a merged series should have been the entire Champ Car schedule with Indy added, run with DP01s, & owned 90% by the amigos & 10% TG, are living in a dream world.

Jeff