PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Aussie News

BobGarage
11th March 2008, 16:39
This was originally posted by RJL25 in the car count thread but as DBell pointed out the articles in the link deserve their own thread.

Here is the link http://enews.mnews.com.au/

The online magazine inlcudes news on PT, Will Power and Surfers which is apparently going to be part of a "mini winter series".

RJL25
11th March 2008, 20:24
just for your information over in the states, this online mag updates every week on tuesday nights Australian time, so i guess some time on Wednesday your time (sorry i'm terrible with the time difference!)

its mostly australian news as you could tell, but they do follow the indycars particularly with two aussies in the series and an event in australia, so its probably worthwhile for you blokes to have a look!

MAX_THRUST
12th March 2008, 10:18
Initially I thought that it would be the IRL, but now I'm thinking it maybe A1 GP!!!???

After all A1 is refered to as a winter series.

Now that Indy cars is the only US open wheel series, I'd like it to be them at Surfers. AS for Chicagoland throwing a hissy fit, understandable, but they might not even get a race next year if they create to much. How about going along with change like everyone else is having to. The unified series will mean more money for them in the long run as the series picks up momentum.

Surely being the final US race of the season is just as important as being the last race. Its not is it I can tell what your all gonna say!!!!

stmookeyj
12th March 2008, 13:07
just for your information over in the states, this online mag updates every week on tuesday nights Australian time, so i guess some time on Wednesday your time (sorry i'm terrible with the time difference!)

Actually it's Monday nights it updates, around 8:00 PM Eastern.

BobGarage
12th March 2008, 14:05
Initially I thought that it would be the IRL, but now I'm thinking it maybe A1 GP!!!???

max, i think your reading too much into it.

a quote from Tony George from that article:-

"The Gold Coast indy has become one of the worlds truely great motorsports events and we are delighted it will be part of the IndyCar Series schedule"

Surfers isn't going to A1GP!