PDA

View Full Version : Best fight or argument.

MAX_THRUST
11th March 2008, 12:18
Alot of best of's right now on this forum, so I figured best fight! or rivalry, or argument.

Remember Motegi, Carl Haas and Chip Gnasssi, with JPM laughing in the back ground, after having just taken out Michael Andretti in practise. Second race of the season I think that year?

Zanardi and Bryan Herta rivalry.

PT and everyone.

Hornish's Dad and Kanaan.

There must be loads I don't know of, what ones stick in your mind, old and new.......?

BobGarage
11th March 2008, 12:47
danica's hissy fit a wheldon at milwaukee last year. not sure about the best, but that certainly is the most pathetic.

i would rate the PT/Tags at San Jose up there as one of the best.

Chris R
11th March 2008, 13:15
It was not really a "fight" but any of the time Danica stomped away from whatever in a school-girl fashion is pretty darn amusing....

AJ climbing out of his car and taking a hammer to the gearbox/shift linkage at the 1982 Indy has to be one of the best "altercations" I ever saw - I actually thought the car might work out of fear for life and limb..... (of course I was a youngster at the time...)

Wilf
11th March 2008, 13:22
A.J. Foyt knocking Arie Luyendyke off of the podium at Texas when scoring had Luyendyke the winner and AJ had his driver, Billy Boat as the winner. ESPN didn't do justice to it the way that CBS did to Daytona and the Allisons. I think that was the 1996-1997 season.

MAX_THRUST
11th March 2008, 14:39
Ohh PT in Houston, when he clashed on track with Dario he had a bust up with the team owner, was it Kim Green or the other GReen fella???? I remember he got on his scooter and tore off with his dumb blonde bit on the back.....She looked like my Ex so I never liked her.

How could I have missed Danica's hissy fit.

Ahhh another Mrs Franchitti on Milka Duno's driving abillity....

!!WALDO!!
11th March 2008, 14:45
Foyt and Johnny White after a Sprint car race at Reading in 1963. USAC was going to suspend Foyt for the balance of the season. They had a trial and Roger McCluskey was asked, "Did you see Foyt hit White?" "No, because if he had A.J. would have ripped off Johnny's head." Case dismissed.

Foyt went on to win his third National Title and to finish second in the Sprint Car Division and Stock Car Division.

DBell
11th March 2008, 15:29
Michael Andretti and AL Jr was a pretty good rivalry. PT and Seabass was a good one for a couple of years.

bblocker68
11th March 2008, 15:36
Two great altrcations at Long Beach with Christian Fittipaldi. First on was with Greg Morre at turn 10. They got into the tires and then Christian ran out of his car and tried to grab at Greg, but Greg side slipped him and Chrissy almost fell to the ground. Greg's goalie training did him good. He got into it with PT the following year in the same corner, but Tracy's car looked like it was going into the crowd after they locked wheels. Christian was PO'd, but probably thought better than to try and punch PT, since he was probably out weighed back then by about 75 punds :)

The 2 AJ Foyt moments come to mind also.

I also can't forget about Dario and PT taking each other out more than once when they were with Team Kool Green.

DBell
11th March 2008, 15:40
How about Kevin Cogan vs. Mario and AJ at Indy. Kevin deserves some kudos for doing what had never been done before, creating a situation where AJ and Mario actually agreed on something. Unfortunately for Cogan, they agreed that Kevin was an idiot. :p :

bblocker68
11th March 2008, 15:41
Almost forgot about the "Love Tap" that Robby Gordon gave to Mikey Andretti after the Cleveland race in 1995, after they were in each other's way during most of the race. I dont remember exactly what Robby said after the race, but it was pretty entertaining from what I remember.

bblocker68
11th March 2008, 15:42
How about Kevin Cogan vs. Mario and AJ at Indy. Kevin deserves some kudos for doing what had never been done before, creating a situation where AJ and Mario actually agreed on something. Unfortunately for Cogan, they agreed that Kevin was an idiot. :p :

Yeah, I remember AJ calling him "Koogan". That one is up there with "That stupid Mario Dominguez".

jimispeed
11th March 2008, 15:43
Doornbos and Bourdais at Mont Tremblant.......that one was good!!

By the way, it looks like the Atlantic Series is still going to race at Mont Tremblant. Great track!!

Osiris333
11th March 2008, 15:45
A.J. Foyt knocking Arie Luyendyke off of the podium at Texas when scoring had Luyendyke the winner and AJ had his driver, Billy Boat as the winner. ESPN didn't do justice to it the way that CBS did to Daytona and the Allisons. I think that was the 1996-1997 season.

He didn't "knock him off," he bitch slapped him. :D

F1boat
12th March 2008, 07:13
Marco and Eddie Cheever ;)

mantom
12th March 2008, 07:27
I don't remember which race it was - I'm leaning towards Detroit GP somewhere in the mid 1990's. Anyway, there were a number of driving incidents on the course throughout the race and Wally Dallenbach made some major gaffe's in making the calls of whose fault they were. After the checker flag flew, Chip Ganassi got on his scooter, Roger Penske hopped into a car, and I think AJ Foyt chased after Wally and eventually surrounded him demanding explanations. Meanwhile Paul Page laughs calling the play by play as programming exits the air waves. The race was shown on ABC as I didn't have cable back then.