PDA

View Full Version : Duhamel got screwed.

nigelred5
8th March 2008, 20:45
WTF!!!! You let the man put on an amazing show slicing through the field for 50+ laps and THEN decide the bike switch wasn't legal and Black Flag him???? DAMN, didn't take NASCAR very long to screw with AMA racing.

NinjaMaster
9th March 2008, 03:17
A lot about AMA seems amateurish to me. Miguel shouldn't have been allowed out at all on a spare bike if that is the rule. Way to mess the a guy who deserves better.

maxu05
9th March 2008, 04:55
Sounds a bit like when Westy got the ride through for the jump start. I think the officials should pull the finger out and make a call straight away, rather than let a rider bust his gut for so many laps, then realise it was all for nothing.

mx311
9th March 2008, 06:20
A lot about AMA seems amateurish to me. Miguel shouldn't have been allowed out at all on a spare bike if that is the rule. Way to mess the a guy who deserves better.
I agree with all that Clint. The AMA has no idea what it's doing, I've thought that for years. I'm amazed the AMA Supercross series is doing as well as it is (although that's probably because of Clear Channel rather than the AMA).

Mach24
9th March 2008, 07:24
Whilst there is an insinuation (post #1) that the new owner of the series c**ked this up that is far from the truth.

I think the new direction for AMA Superbike is a good thing.

The people in charge come from success..... And as the saying goes success breeds success!

nigelred5
10th March 2008, 02:08
Whilst there is an insinuation (post #1) that the new owner of the series c**ked this up that is far from the truth.

I think the new direction for AMA Superbike is a good thing.

The people in charge come from success..... And as the saying goes success breeds success!

Oh I know they had nothing to do with it, but that was a VERY NASCARish move. Why kill a great ride right away. Keep people on the edge of their seats for 90% of the race, biting nails, etc, watching him slice through the field until that last ratings segment, then pull his ride off the scoring charts. They knew he wasn't allowed to do what he did the second he jumped on the back-up bike. A do agree with you, the new owners have plenty of cash to support the series. All AMA racing, not just superbike, will be lucky to have half even half the investment as NASCAR. It breeds many of the best riders on earth.