PDA

View Full Version : Now Tagliani may lose his ride to Will Powers

mlj
8th March 2008, 18:14
Tagliani and Bachelart hint at their future prospects Here's some interesting news tidbits from Radio-Canada (French CBC) on Alex Tagliani as well as an interview with Eric Bachelart.

First Tagliani:

"Je discute avec une équipe Champ Car, Conquest, et une équipe IRL, Rahal/Letterman "
Translation: I'm talking to a CC team (Conquest), and an IRL team (Rahal Letterman Racing)

"J'ai entendu dire que Kevin Kalkhoven essayait de faire un /deal/ avec un autre partenaire, qui viendrait avec son pilote. Il y a des rumeurs qui courent à Homestead. J'ai l'impression que ça me prendrait pas mal plus d'argent pour avoir le volant. Car ça a l'air d'une entente importante."
Translation: I heard Kevin Kalkhoven is trying a deal with another partner (Gore), which would bring his driver (Power). Rumors are circling in Homestead. I feel I have to bring a lot more money, because that deal looks very important.

"On devrait avoir une réponse de Kevin lundi. .... C'est vraiment plate, car ça ne se joue plus au niveau du talent, mais au niveau de l'argent"
Translation: We should get an answer from Kevin Monday (March 3). It sucks because it depends on money not talent.

Second, Bachelart, titled: "I hope I survive"

"Nous avons maintenant deux châssis Dallara à l'usine, mais Dallara, qui fournit l'IRL, n'a pas assez de pièces détachées. L'entreprise italienne est débordée. Il y a eu en une fois un afflux d'équipes, avec très peu de préavis, et ça pose problème "
Translation: We now have two Dallaras in our shop. But Dallara does not have enough parts. The italian manufacturer is overbooked. Too many teams suddenly made orders, with little warning, it's causing problems.

"Nous sommes moins impliqués (qu'en Champ Car), on n'a pas grand-chose à dire, admet M. Bachelart. On nous dit: "Vous faites ça, et puis c'est tout""
Translation: We have less of a say then we did in CC, we can't do much. [IRL officials] told us 'You do this and that's all'.

"Mont-Tremblant, Toronto et Edmonton étaient des épreuves populaires. Et le Canada est un marché important, mais je ne peux pas répondre pour Tony George."
Translation: Mont-Tremblant, Toronto and Edmonton are very popular events. Canada is an important market for us, but I can't speak on Tony George's behalf.

"Ce serait encore trop d'ovales pour moi. J'aimerais un meilleur /split/, dit-il. J'espère survivre sur ovale cette année"
Translation: There's too many ovals for me. I prefer a better split, I just hope I survive on ovals this year.

DBell
8th March 2008, 22:26
The more things change, the more they seem to stay the same, eh?

We don't know which teams are going to race or who's going to be driving. We don't even know what the schedule is and the season starts in a few weeks. Being from the CC side of things, it seems like situation normal. :p

mlj
8th March 2008, 22:37
The more things change, the more they seem to stay the same, eh?

We don't know which teams are going to race or who's going to be driving. We don't even know what the schedule is and the season starts in a few weeks. Being from the CC side of things, it seems like situation normal. :p

All I can say is I'm glad I'm not one of the Drivers that are in limbo over this !!

bblocker68
9th March 2008, 02:40
You guys aren't really surprised, are you?? The open wheel universe was just turned upside-down. I would expect some announcements wont be made until the week of the Homestead race. Hopefully we'll get a surprise on from that GF guy.

Hey, wasn't Tags supposed to race with KV Racing this year?

CGormally
9th March 2008, 03:19
I hope Tagliani can find a drive for '08 because he's not that bad a driver. I hope PT finds a drive too because he is the last remaining figure from the pre-IRL/CCWS split and it would be fitting for him to return to the unified series he once raced in.

nigelred5
9th March 2008, 13:42
I'm seeing a pattern of KK stealing funding from other teams that would appear to need it far more than he on a regular basis. Apparently he isn't as independently wealthy as some would believe. At least none of the former CCWS teams will have to bend over to kiss his backside any longer.

fugariracing
9th March 2008, 18:13
I'm seeing a pattern of KK stealing funding from other teams that would appear to need it far more than he on a regular basis. Apparently he isn't as independently wealthy as some would believe. At least none of the former CCWS teams will have to bend over to kiss his backside any longer.

good point, he would be throwing walker under the bus if this rumor proves true. why else would he have taken on two pay-drivers last year in jani and gommendy?

grungex
9th March 2008, 22:18
Walker is done.

WALKER RACING WITHDRAWS INDYCAR PROGRAM

Indianapolis, IN (March 9, 2008) - Reluctantly, Walker Racing has been forced to withdraw its attempt to join the IndyCar Series for 2008. The racing partnership of "Team Australia" and the association with Australian businessman Craig Gore, drivers Will Power and Simon Pagenaud, has also come to an end.

Notwithstanding a commitment for 2008, it came down to the lack of funding. A lengthy search for new sponsorship partners drew a blank, so Walker Racing had to close the program officially on Friday.

“It's a great pity that the team has had to abandon our IndyCar program. So much work by so many has gone into the Team Australia program over the last three and a half years, but now it will remain unfinished business for us. I wish my co-partner well with his new venture and so to Will and Simon and all the employees, associates and fans who have given me the opportunity. Many thanks,” said Walker Racing Owner, Derrick Walker.

Phoenixent
10th March 2008, 00:48

That's why GF had it with him in CCWS after he stole Red Bull for his Champcar effort. It was strange that GF had Red Bull in Atlantics and PKV had them in Champcar.

Hope someone will save Walker Racing.