PDA

View Full Version : IMS construction for the USGP

Alexamateo
7th March 2008, 18:12
For anybody who might be interested, here's an engineering article about some of the conversion in turn 1(of the oval). There's a creek that runs through there and this was their solution. It was the site of the famous "snake pit" where all sorts of debauchery was going on in the infield back in the 60's and 70's. Oh well, times change and the "snake pit" is no more. :D

http://www.contech-cpi.com/bridges/about/News/March_08_Newsletter/Plate/751

call_me_andrew
9th March 2008, 04:29
You know there was a time when if you wanted to pave something, you just put asphalt on dirt and didn't have to think twice.

maxu05
9th March 2008, 04:52
You know there was a time when if you wanted to pave something, you just put asphalt on dirt and didn't have to think twice.

That's fine, until it starts to sink :D

mx311
9th March 2008, 06:22
Cool, thanks for sharing that. :up:

I seriously cannot wait for the Indy GP, I'm probably gonna go and anyone with even the slightest chance of going should. It's gonna be awesome. :D

Roby44
9th March 2008, 10:01
My friend wants me to go with her to Laguna Seca this year!! But I can't decide to go or not!! Blonde moment there!! :rolleyes:

Its just that I have never had any interest in going to America, :( but now.......

Decisions!! :rolleyes:

Alexamateo
10th March 2008, 03:16

I don't mean any offense, but I cannot think of any time ever that this was true. As someone who has worked in and around construction and farming my whole life, you always have to think about water, where it's coming from, where it's going and what's going to happen when it rains. They've thought about this since the times of the Romans, which is why some of their roads endure to this day. :)