PDA

View Full Version : Father and son duo's....

gloomyDAY
7th March 2008, 05:04
I liked a few of these stats and tend to wonder how the new kids will fair.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?series=6&id=3248410

Ranger
7th March 2008, 05:29
I liked a few of these stats and tend to wonder how the new kids will fair.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?series=6&id=3248410

Interesting statistics.

Kazuki Nakajima cannot possibly do worse than Satoru. FACT.

Keke was not remarkably talented, but won 5 GPs and a memorable WDC in 1982 (where the winner was determined by who shot themselves in the foot the least amount of times). Nico definitely has the ability to win more races if not the WDC before retirement age.

Piquet Jr. looks the part, but time will tell.

jso1985
8th March 2008, 20:05
Interesting statistics.

Kazuki Nakajima cannot possibly do worse than Satoru. FACT.

he pretty much can, Satoru finished 4th twice and scored 15 career points(that on the old system, with the new points system he'd have scored arounf 50 points). so Kazuki still has a pretty much long way before he can be considered having a better F1 career than his father

SGWilko
8th March 2008, 20:19
he pretty much can, Satoru finished 4th twice and scored 15 career points(that on the old system, with the new points system he'd have scored arounf 50 points). so Kazuki still has a pretty much long way before he can be considered having a better F1 career than his father

Funny, innit?

Saturo was much maligned for his poor performances in the dry, but his wet racecraft was almost the stuff of legend. Fair do's to the guy, he was a skinny malink, and the 80's F1 car was a car that required you to be built like Geoff Capes........

I think - as you so rightly post above, given the old points system, (and the cars he drove) did OK for himself.

Also, he seemed to always draw the short straw when it came to the camera, (didn't Muddly Talker present him with a lens cap when he (Nakajima) retired?) and I don't think (CMIIAW) all cars had dummy cameras fitted at that time......

I like Williams, and I would like Kazuki (the underdog) to prove everyone wrong and not be too far behind Nico.