PDA

View Full Version : 23 Drivers listed on indycar.com

JasonD
6th March 2008, 21:37
Very interesting, 23 drivers including the recently added NHLR drivers. Granted Sarah Fisher wont be competing the whole season and Milka Duno is a pylon caught in a wind storm, but still.

Does anyone know how many of these are full-time rides for the season?

Breeze
6th March 2008, 21:52
Fisher for sure is limited. Scheckter may be. Same for Duno though D&R would have us think otherwise.

The good news is that the list only shows one Conquest driver and the NHL team. That list is sure to grow by another 6 to 7 drivers.

BobGarage
6th March 2008, 22:01
Fisher and scheckter are both part time drives.

Duno/Bell are sharing one drive between them (apart from Indy)

Alex lloyd is part time (unless ganassi ships him off to vision for a year as rumoured)

Yasukawa is a one off at motegi (although he isn't listed on the drivers list yet).

jarrambide
7th March 2008, 02:15
Fisher and scheckter are both part time drives.

Duno/Bell are sharing one drive between them (apart from Indy)

Alex lloyd is part time (unless ganassi ships him off to vision for a year as rumoured)

Yasukawa is a one off at motegi (although he isn't listed on the drivers list yet).

Meaning there are 18 confirmed cars that will compete in every race?

Indyman
7th March 2008, 03:42
My count is 20 Confirmed full-time cars:

4 AGR
2 Ganassi
2 Penske
2 NHL
2 Vision
2 D&R
2 Roth
1 Rahal
1 Panther
1 Conquest
1 Foyht

Others Still to came:

1 Foyht - Pablo Donoso
(On his website says he signed for with them for IndyCar maybe not full-time)

2 KV
1 Conquest
1 Walker
1 Vision ?

Coyne, Minardi and PCM should have at least one car each but dont know if will be Full-Time. The Article "Transitional Time" on Indycar.com shows the IRL teams teamed up with CC teams to help them get info on cars and tracks.

The pairings: Andretti Green Racing-Dale Coyne Racing; Target Chip Ganassi Racing-KV Racing; Rahal Letterman Racing-Newman/Haas/Lanigan Racing; Vision Racing-Conquest Racing; A.J. Foyt Racing-Pacific Coast Motorsports; Team Penske-Walker Racing; Roth Racing-Team Minardi.

Madmonk
7th March 2008, 04:19
Andretti Green (4) - Kanaan, Ma. Andretti, Patrick & Mutoh
> I could see a fifth car at Indy for Mi. Andretti or Paul Tracy.

Conquest (1 or 2) - Perrera & TBA
> Initially, I heard two cars. But only Perrera is confirmed at this time.

Dale Coyne (0?) -
> I've heard nothing one way or the other.

Dreyer & Reinbold (2) - Rice? & Duno/Bell
> One way or another, there are two cars here. Rice in one car (presumably for the whole season, but maybe ot). Duno and Bell will share the other. They better buy lots of spares.

Fisher (1*) - Fisher
> She's an owner/driver now, but I'm convinced there's assistance coming from somewhere.

Forsythe (0) -
> Paul wants Gerry to reconsider, but it looks like they will only race in the Atlantics.

Foyt (1) - Manning
> A.J. just keeps on truckin'.

Ganassi (2) - Dixon & Wheldon
> Alex Lloyd is a reserve driver who could make occassional appearances in a third car, especially at Indy. That said, Ganassi has 3 past Indy 500 winners on the payroll, and I'd love to see all of them at Indy.

KV (1 or 2?) - Servia and/or Tagliani
> PKV is now KV. They're supposidely in, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Luczo Dragon (1*) - Scheckter
> Part time with assistance from Penske.

Minardi USA (0?) -
> I don't know what their plans are. Viso and Battistini were in the Panoz at Sebring, but they might be for Long Beach only.

Newman Haas Lanigan (2) - Rahal & Wilson
> This works out well, because Rahal and Wilson are both tall and use similar set ups.

Panther (1) - Meira
> One car with Delphi sponsorship.

Pacific Coast (1 or 2?) - TBA
> They claimed to be in, but I haven't seen anything official. If they are, then Figge is their boy, even though Dalziel is a better prospect.

Penske (2) - Castroneves & Briscoe
> Penske lends tech support to Luczo Dragon, so no third car for Paul Tracy.

Rahal Letterman (1) - Hunter-Reay
> Bobby can watch his son and manage his team at the same venues this year.

Rocketsports (0) -
> They confirmed Bernoldi for Champ Car, but I've seen no indication that they plan on making the jump to Indycar.

Roth (2) - Roth & Howard
> I'm still skeptical that this team has the money and resources to survive beyond Indy.

Rubicon (1*) - Papis
> I couldn't believe it either.

Vision (2) - Carpenter & Foyt IV
> I haven't heard anything, but TG gave away alot of cars so these two had better learn how not to wreck. Alex Lloyd might get some seat time as well.

Walker (1 or 2?) - Will Power & TBA
> Nothing is confirmed, but Walker said he was in with Will Power. I'm hoping for a second car for Dalziel or Tracy.

* Indicates Part Time.

MAX_THRUST
7th March 2008, 12:08
I'm very curious to see if TEam Minardi USA goes to the IRL.

I initially thought all teams would go with Rocketsports disapearing completely. I didn't expect FCR to go.

I had foolishly hoped we would have a 32 car field, with each side fielding 16 cars each. Shame if we done reach at least 26, anymore will be great.

CGormally
9th March 2008, 01:27
I think that a field of 26 cars will be about right for 2008 because for the CCWS teams it will be a kind of trial year. They have to get used to the cars, the new circuits, etc. Personally though, I hope that they can get the field up to 30 by 2010, it would be brilliant.