PDA

View Full Version : Relaxation?

Rudy Tamasz
6th March 2008, 14:14
I've recently noticed I very rarely feel relaxed. Most of the time I feel like a nuclear war will start or a car will run me over the next minute. Or I will keep thinking about my agenda for this week and the next month and the whole year and so on. That's not a very comfortable feel. Anybody can recommend a good way to relax, an effective technique or something? I

maxu05
6th March 2008, 15:54
??? Perhaps a spliff and a big bag of Doritos :D Don't forget the salsa.

janneppi
6th March 2008, 17:06
Exercise works for me especially if I have been indoors for few days. That or watching tv. :)

Drew
6th March 2008, 17:25
At home I normally go out for a drive to relax pr go for a bike ride but because I don't have a car or bike here, I started to smoke again, whoops.

Erki
6th March 2008, 18:01
I haven't got used to it either.

fandango
6th March 2008, 19:22
I find going to the cinema good when my brain's on overload. The distraction of watching a film stops me thinking round in circles. A good book works too.

As for stress, I swear by Rescue Remedy.

Sleeper
6th March 2008, 20:25
Getting imersed in music is always a good remedy for stress and light depression for me.

Breeze
6th March 2008, 20:46
This works................

BDunnell
6th March 2008, 23:36
A bit of good comedy that doesn't make me pissed off, angry or think does it for me.

gadjo_dilo
7th March 2008, 07:28
Take a cat on your lap and caress it. I've read it helps.

Rudy Tamasz
7th March 2008, 07:41
I only have a pet rabbit. He's not too much into being caressed. He's a major cause of stress rather than relaxation, too. ;) Severed cables, stolen food and torn wallpapers are the byproducts of that little urban guerilla's living with us.

gadjo_dilo
7th March 2008, 08:08
I only have a pet rabbit. He's not too much into being caressed. He's a major cause of stress rather than relaxation, too. ;)

I remember your complaints about it. It was on a topic called "why?".

Erki
7th March 2008, 08:39
Getting imersed in music is always a good remedy for stress and light depression for me.

I very much second this one.

Rudy Tamasz
7th March 2008, 08:48
Unless your favorite music is hard rock which may as well easily depress you. It's time to switch to something more lighthearted.

veeten
7th March 2008, 11:51
I only have a pet rabbit. He's not too much into being caressed. He's a major cause of stress rather than relaxation, too. ;) Severed cables, stolen food and torn wallpapers are the byproducts of that little urban guerilla's living with us.

a one-word answer, Rudy...

Hassenpfeffer. :lips: ;) :laugh:

anthonyvop
7th March 2008, 12:22
Dude.

Get Laid!

Rudy Tamasz
7th March 2008, 12:32
Dude.

Get Laid!

:)

Erki
7th March 2008, 21:36
Unless your favorite music is hard rock which may as well easily depress you. It's time to switch to something more lighthearted.

It goes both ways.

When I feel like "#&%#, I have to listen to hard rock. My bad mood then kinda sticks to the music and music takes it away. Listening to some light hearted music wouldn't make me feel better. That is good music for those moment when I already feel good.

So go ahead and listen to your metal. :)

Sleeper
7th March 2008, 22:02
The majority of the music I have is very dark in nature (probably less than a tenth of my albums could be considerd uplifting in general) and its all rock/hard rock/metal, well, except for the odd bit of jazz.

leopard
10th March 2008, 07:29
Lately I was overwhelmed with fixing problems prompted by one of computers on my network didn't work. Replacing it with the new one isn't as easy it looks solving the problem as it raises new problem relating to its compatibility, etc.
Although there are some breakthrough from trying to fix the problem, there have to spend considerable time and non budgeting expense.

Slight seeing in household appliance store such as office or home depot can relieve at some extent when being stressed out, as it gives inspiration about something useful being forgotten for our routine.

BDunnell
10th March 2008, 07:56
Actually, sleeping normally works well for me. Having had so little last night because of the storms, this is why I feel so un-relaxed this morning...

Rudy Tamasz
10th March 2008, 08:03
You can never tell what and how will work. This night I only had six hours of sleep because yesterday Junior refused to go to bed and I had to entertain him. This morning it took me half an hour to get up. Guess what? I'm quite enjoying myself! :)

leopard
10th March 2008, 08:09
If it's a great storm, and caused electricity in the town off, no wonder. :D