PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Constructors championship

Mark
5th March 2008, 10:53
What do you think the constructors championship will end up like in 2008?

Here's my pick:

1. FERRARI
2. MCLAREN
3. BMW SAUBER
4. RENAULT
5. TOYOTA
6. HONDA
7. WILLIAMS
8. RED BULL
9. FORCE INDIA
10. TORO ROSSO
11. SUPER AGURI

(Note this is just for fun, there's no points :p )

SGWilko
5th March 2008, 12:27
1.McLaren (Ferrari will come undone on reliability)
2.Ferrari (Although KR has every chance at retaining the WDC, if the 'New' Ferrari team does not settle back into internal political shenanigans a la late 80's early 90's)
3.Williams (finally get reliability sorted and can concentrate fully on continual development)
=.BMW (Crap start to the season, will sort out the car and come good)
=.Red Bull (Lots of DNF's, but a fast car when it holds together)
6.Renault (Infighting between drivers, sorry, but Piquet and toeing the line are not two words that sit well together, and Alonso will be more paranoid this year than Britney Spears/Amy Whingebag/Pete Doherty)
=Toyota (Just like every other season, they should just throw money away - its cheaper :p :)
8.Honda (A building year)
9.Force Idia (See Honda)
10.STR (Wont have the technical ability to iron out the car/engine glitches)
11.SUPER AGURI (Will they make it at all?)

Tazio
5th March 2008, 14:33
1. FERRARI
2. McLAREN
3. BMW SAUBER
4. RENAULT
5. TOYOTA
6. WILLIAMS
7. RED BULL
8. HONDA
9. FORCE INDIA -TORO ROSSO IMO too close to call
11. SUPER AGURI

jens
5th March 2008, 18:00
If we visualize McLaren in second position in last year's WCC, then actually there is a possibility that this year the WCC order might look the same in the end... :o With the exception that I'm quite confident that Force India will finish above Super Aguri, unless SA strangely scores in a freakish race.

What might be different from last year's then? While Top2 looks the same, then it looks like BMW has lost its advantage over chasers and that following group (Ren, Wil, RBR, Toy) looks tighter. Indeed I have to highlight looks as who knows, what might actually happen... In 2004 before Melbourne it looked like four-five teams are going to fight for the title. :D

STR I think will again score some good points in the wet (at least partly thanks to Vettel! :p : ) and struggles to score in the dry. Same with Honda and Force India, although they may score less.

Compared to last year I think I'll swap Williams and Renault... and put FI higher.
1 Ferrari
2 McLaren
3 BMW
4 Williams
5 Renault
6 Red Bull
7 Toyota
8 STR
9 Force India
10 Honda
11 Super Aguri

For the first time I have included Toyota in my prediction. :p : Actually I think they have potential to finish higher, but Toyota always finishes lower than they should, because they don't maximize their points score in freakish races.

Example. In 2007 Toyota actually scored more points than RB in dry conditions (13-8!), but RB scored 16 in 3 wet races, which made them to look a lot better...

Toyota tends to be a team, who can score only on merit - they make wrong decisions in SC situations and in changing weather conditions, it means in situations, which give lower teams a great chance to get good points. :\

jas123f1
5th March 2008, 22:25
1. Ferrari / 2. Mclaren / 3. Bmw Sauber / 4. Renault / 5. Williams / 6. Toyota / 7. Red Bull / 8. Toro Rosso / 9. Honda / 10. Force India / 11. Super Aguri.

jedii
5th March 2008, 23:10
ferrari
mclaren
bmw
williams
renault
redbull
honda
toyota
toro rosso
force india
super aguri

woody2goody
5th March 2008, 23:48
I made picks earlier in the winter and hopefully these will be a bit more accurate :)

1. Ferrari - want it to be McL but Ferrari will be better overall - expect an improvement from Massa.
2. McLaren - close behind, but a learning year in the car for Kovy will mean they miss out, however both drivers will win.
3. BMW - they will win one, probably with Heidfeld, but will not have the consistent pace to beat the top two to the title.
4. Williams - revitilised, rejuvenated, but will finish comfortably best of the rest in 4th.
5. Renault - Alonso will smash Piquet, and help them get unexpected podiums occasionally, but still not fast enough to beat the teams in front.
6. Red Bull - Coulthard will beat Webber and RBR will get the odd podium.
7. Toyota - better, but not quite there, Trulli will impress and get a pole or two somewhere, and Glock will have a solid debut/comeback season.
8. STR - Good drivers, good car, reliability sorted, solid season.
9. Honda - May struggle for pace against Force India, but their drivers will see them through and they will be close to STR.
10. Force India - Will look more like Jordan than Midland or Spyker at times, and will score a few points, with Fisi surprising in a mediocre car yet again.
11. Super Aguri - A shame, but with money troubles and a dog of a car, they should be back to their 2006 relative pace again, despite having two very good drivers.

Let me know your thoughts...

Tazio
6th March 2008, 01:14
http://www.f1complete.com/content/view/7841/900/

"When your rivals are testing for qualifying conditions, it is obvious that
they will be quicker than you if you are testing for the races," the Brazilian said.

"We did qualifying testing the previous week, and I beat the track record."

gloomyDAY
6th March 2008, 03:14
1) McLaren
2) Ferrari
3) BMW
4) Williams
5) Renault
6) Red Bull
7) Toyota
8) STR
9) Force India