PDA

View Full Version : BTCC @ siverstone

WSRfan82
4th March 2008, 20:01
with the building of the new pit complex just started and pic showing the old pit wall being knocked down. whats going on with the round of the btcc at siverstone i know its in aug but shawly the new complex wont be finished in time

tin-top fan
4th March 2008, 20:53
Isn't the F1 at Silverstone before the BTCC get there in August? I'd expect everything at the circuit to be complete before F1 gets there.....

tintin
4th March 2008, 21:07
The FIA GTs are at Silverstone in April.
But anyway, how long does it take to build a wall two metres high?

VkmSpouge
4th March 2008, 22:11
The FIA GTs are at Silverstone in April.
But anyway, how long does it take to build a wall two metres high?

Well this being Britain I would say anywhere between 8 days to 8 months :p :

Marc W
4th March 2008, 22:43
They're just replacing the pit wall in the current pit lane at the moment, the new Pit complex thats been reported hasn't even been given planning permission yet and will be in a different area of the circuit. As far as I know the pit wall they were building for the current pits is finished so won't have any impact on the BTCC event this year, I'll let you know when I got there in a few weeks for the Britcar race! ;)

WSRfan82
4th March 2008, 23:38
cheers marc

yeah the pits are moving between Club and Abbey

im glad its happening but just was wondering if it will befinished in time but knowing us brits i think not lol

Captain VXR
5th March 2008, 17:20
I think Silverstone should be ready but siverstone probably wont be :)

tdb
5th March 2008, 19:34
The new pitwall is finished! the garages have new doors at the front and FINALLY!! the electrics in the garages seem to have stopped tripping out.
So new pits complex or not, things should be better for the teams when they arrive.

BeeJ_UK
6th March 2008, 15:28
I can confirm that when I was at Silverstone on 23rd Feb for Pomery Trophy and Training that the Pitwall was finished and looked good. I raised the question on another forum of what will happen next year with the National circuit as the new Pits are going to be between Club and Abbey and the National and International Circuits do not pass them. It looks like there will be two sets of Pits by the time the 09 GP comes around.