PDA

View Full Version : 2 driver/co-driver split questions

RAS007
3rd March 2008, 21:09
Sorry, three questions actually!

1) What was the real reason(s) for the McRae/Ringer split, after the 1996 season? Was it really because several crashes that season were blamed on Ringer, or was there more to it?

2) Why did Catherine Francois replace Daniel Grataloup as Delecour's co-driver in 1995?

3) What was the reason for Bernard Occelli's sudden departure (and subsequent permanent replcement by Denis Giraudet) just before Corsica in 1995?

This is not a test, I just want to know!

MJW
3rd March 2008, 21:29
I doubt whether anyone will tell you reason for the Bernard Occelli departure.
Regarding Ringer, the team felt that Colin needed a steadying influence, so based on that it can be said it was the crashes that caused the split. As for Catherine Francois and Grataloup I have no idea.

RAS007
3rd March 2008, 22:08
I doubt whether anyone will tell you reason for the Bernard Occelli departure.
Regarding Ringer, the team felt that Colin needed a steadying influence, so based on that it can be said it was the crashes that caused the split. As for Catherine Francois and Grataloup I have no idea.

Is that because you think no-one will know, or because it is a secret?

MJW
3rd March 2008, 22:12
Is that because you think no-one will know, or because it is a secret?Its not because no one will know.

cosmicpanda
3rd March 2008, 22:15
now you have my curiosity worked up, too. :(

RAS007
3rd March 2008, 22:20
Its not because no one will know.

Well can you send me a PM?

Ramone
3rd March 2008, 23:48
I doubt whether anyone will tell you reason for the Bernard Occelli departure

Why's that then?

bowler
4th March 2008, 07:15
If you don't know. you don't need to know.

RAS007
4th March 2008, 15:23

Ah, right! I see! So this forum is kinda like a secret club? Sorry, I didn't realise. :rolleyes:

RAS007
4th March 2008, 18:45

Bowler/MJW,

FYI, I found out the reason for the Auriol/Occelli split on another forum, where they seem to be a little bit more friendly.

Daniel
4th March 2008, 19:35

:charming:

Nenukknak
4th March 2008, 20:27
So what is it then?

03dublinwrx
4th March 2008, 20:48
Very secret alright.. sounds like something from the Jersey Islands

Iskald
6th March 2008, 10:38
Ah, right! I see! So this forum is kinda like a secret club? Sorry, I didn't realise. :rolleyes:

You`re obviously quite new here. And it`s not forbidden to be curious. On this forum there are many persons with inside knowlegde about this and that in rallying. This doesn`t mean however that they are prepared or even allowed to share this information in public or personal. For me or anyone else on this forum, RAS007, you are anonymous. We know your nick, but not your identity. I don`t understand how you can expect other forumers to share inside information with people they don`t know. It`s extremely naive and your reaction with calling the forum a "secret club" is rather childish, actually.

J4MIE
6th March 2008, 13:30
If people involved want to keep personal things quiet, then I respect that and don't have a problem with it :up:

(even if I do get a bit curious occasionally ;) )

RAS007
6th March 2008, 15:21
You`re obviously quite new here. And it`s not forbidden to be curious. On this forum there are many persons with inside knowlegde about this and that in rallying. This doesn`t mean however that they are prepared or even allowed to share this information in public or personal. For me or anyone else on this forum, RAS007, you are anonymous. We know your nick, but not your identity. I don`t understand how you can expect other forumers to share inside information with people they don`t know. It`s extremely naive and your reaction with calling the forum a "secret club" is rather childish, actually.

The people you refer to need not have replied to my post; they could have simply ignored it. Instead, they chose to make it public that they knew the answer to a question I was asking but were not going to share the information. And you are calling me childish.

I have since found the answer to the Auriol/Giraudet question on another forum, and now understand why it may have touched a nerve, however there was no way in the world I could have known the nature of the answer to my question and that it would provoke such a reaction; there was no call whatsoever for the "if you don't know you don't need to know" brigade, that is just asking for trouble. Just ignore the thread.

Daniel
6th March 2008, 15:23
The people you refer to need not have replied to my post; they could have simply ignored it. Instead, they chose to make it public that they knew the answer to a question I was asking but were not going to share the information. And you are calling me childish.

I have since found the answer to the Auriol/Giraudet question on another forum, and now understand why it may have touched a nerve, however there was no way in the world I could have known that the nature of the answer to my question would have provoked such a reaction, but there was no call whatsoever for the "if you don't know you don't need to know" brigade". Just ignore the thread.
I agree. They don't need to tell you..... but they don't need to be smug about it.