PDA

View Full Version : It's all completely hopeless!!!

Brown, Jon Brow
2nd March 2008, 17:21
Has anybody ever felt like there is no point in continuing to breathe?

fandango
2nd March 2008, 17:24
Many people have felt that way, me included, it's part of life, but no-one can stop time passing and things get better or bearable....

What's getting to you? Care to rant off here?

MrJan
2nd March 2008, 18:35
I felt like that one time. Then I discovered alcohol and after about a 3 week period of being a bit off the rails sorted it all out. Anyway as a student you have it sweet, the worst bit comes when you have to begin real life :mark:

Brown, Jon Brow
2nd March 2008, 18:59
Many people have felt that way, me included, it's part of life, but no-one can stop time passing and things get better or bearable....

What's getting to you? Care to rant off here?

I just generally hate people!

BDunnell
2nd March 2008, 19:05
I am sure things will get better, given time. They certainly have for me.

Daniel
2nd March 2008, 19:13
There's always a point to breathing :) If only to annoy the people who make life hard for you :)

Chin up mate!

Daniel
2nd March 2008, 19:15
Welcome to getting older. You'll realise that a lot of people are unlikeable. Stick to being around people who make you happy and you will be happy :)

Brown, Jon Brow
2nd March 2008, 19:35
Welcome to getting older. You'll realise that a lot of people are unlikeable. Stick to being around people who make you happy and you will be happy :)

It seems like theres too few of those type of people right now.

Drew
2nd March 2008, 19:44
Women?

Yup, they do that to you, they should come with a warning like alcohol and cigarettes... :p :

BDunnell
2nd March 2008, 19:47
Men don't seem much better to me at the moment!

Drew
2nd March 2008, 19:55
Men don't seem much better to me at the moment!

Oh dear! Well then, women and men do that to you, they should come with a warning like cigarettes and alcohol :p :

Delete as applicable

BDunnell
2nd March 2008, 19:57
Oh dear! Well then, women and men do that to you, they should come with a warning like cigarettes and alcohol :p :

Delete as applicable

:laugh:

MrJan
2nd March 2008, 20:22

Delete as applicable

I deleted the wrong bit can I have a new form please ;)

I think everyone goes through tough times. I know that when I first went to Uni, I left behind friends from back home and didn't really like the new people I met. Eventually, as I got to know them, I realised that some were alright, some were idiots, and others become great friends. The best thing is to find people with whom you have common ground. For some of my mates have the same taste in music or humour, others like football and others like cars. When you have a starting point it's a lot easier to like someone. That's why, now that most of my mates have moved away to Uni and the like, I'll be joining the local motorclub.

GridGirl
2nd March 2008, 20:22
For me the answer to everything can be found with chocolate and some fruit cider. :)

BDunnell
2nd March 2008, 21:01
And one's closest friends are always a great comfort.

fandango
2nd March 2008, 22:00

People? yeah, they're the worst. Try not to let them get to you.

Rudy Tamasz
3rd March 2008, 08:06
Just have a break, mate. Once when I felt down, I decided to go inspect our contractors. Needless to say, the day was Friday, and the site to be inspected occasionally happened to be very close to my country house. ;) So I started my weekend at 6 p.m. and for couple of hours was just sitting on the porch, enjoying twilight and good wine. That was awesome and put me right.

slinkster
3rd March 2008, 11:19
sending you a cyber hug john brown! ((hug!))

chin up!

555-04Q2
3rd March 2008, 11:23

Yup, every time one of me mates farts :p :

anthonyvop
3rd March 2008, 12:05

Nope! The thought has never cross my mind.

jim mcglinchey
3rd March 2008, 19:06

every feckin' day, but you just count your blessings and get on with it, and this sounds like real platitudes-r-us but you have to take pleasure from simple things, like a nice walk in the country or doing a small job well.

Brown, Jon Brow
4th March 2008, 10:04
Thanks for all the supportive comments :up:

I've had a conversation with the person who upset me and I'm feeling a lot better now :)

jens
4th March 2008, 20:17
IAnyway as a student you have it sweet, the worst bit comes when you have to begin real life :mark:

I'm afraid I'll have to experience it quite soon... I don't feel to be ready for "real life" - I still feel myself like a kid. :angel: :erm: That's actually the main thing that makes me feel kinda depressed.

MrJan
4th March 2008, 20:27
I left Uni in Summer '06 and have had a job for most of that time but still haven't grown up yet. I hate the whole routine I have but the weekend gives me a chance to watch football, go motor racing and generally enjoy myself using the money I earned during the week :D

Erki
6th March 2008, 18:03
It's good to breathe.

Brown, Jon Brow
6th March 2008, 18:31
It's good to breathe.

My chest is so tight it just hurts to breathe at the moment

Breeze
6th March 2008, 21:14
My chest is so tight it just hurts to breathe at the moment
Sounds like girl troubles. Worst kind of hurt in the world, if you ask me. Still, I only think there's no point in continuing to breathe when I'm under water. That's worked out well for me so far. ;)

J4MIE
6th March 2008, 22:07
Snap out of it mate!! Go out for a walk, watch some top rally videos or a feel-good film and you'll feel a lot better :D

Life is for living!! :bounce:

(oh and as they say, don't let the *******s grind you down ;) )

Rudy Tamasz
7th March 2008, 07:47
I'd say find yourself a female friend. That's hard to do and even harder to not let the friendship to grow into something else, but it works fine. A woman will always give you a little precious advice on how to deal with other women. You'll also get that warmth of woman without the madness of romance.

Breeze
7th March 2008, 17:18
I'd say find yourself a female friend. That's hard to do and even harder to not let the friendship to grow into something else, but it works fine. A woman will always give you a little precious advice on how to deal with other women. You'll also get that warmth of woman without the madness of romance.

Clearly you've never watched "When Harry Met Sally". :p :

Daniel
7th March 2008, 17:47
Good idea :) But try not to get too attached to friends and start thinking of them as more than friends. Recipe for disaster if ever there was one.

Rudy Tamasz
10th March 2008, 07:59
I have a couple of female friends who live in foreign countries and who I personally meet like every two years. ;) That prevents us prom doing stupid things. :) But we are the best buddies there are over the e-mail.