PDA

View Full Version : Daniel's pet hate for the day

Daniel
2nd March 2008, 15:54
People who snip the connections off car wiring looms :angryfire

Head gasket's gone in my car and I've taken it off the road for a few months so I thought I'd take the nice Pioneer stereo which has an iPod connector and bluetooth hands free out of my car and put it in Caroline's car. So I looked online and found an appropriate lead and thought I'd look in Caroline's car and just make sure it was the right one and it looked absolutely nothing like the one online. Fished around with my hands inside the dashboard and found the original connector with everything snipped off bar one wire right at the connector so there's no chance of reconnecting it so rather than ordering a £10 cable and installing it myself and having everything working fine It'll now have to go into a place to have an ISO connector put on.

This wouldn't be such an annoyance if not for the fact that when I got my 406 and went to put my stereo in I found that some idiot had cut the connector (which was an ISO standard one) off to take the original radio out and put another one in and then when they took the other radio out they also cut the connector off that one too leaving me with a bundle of wires to work with :mark:

Why do people have to be such morons and why can't people just do things right? :mark:

edv
2nd March 2008, 16:17
Is it possible for an Old World country to be a 3rd World country at the same time?

BDunnell
2nd March 2008, 16:28
Is it possible for an Old World country to be a 3rd World country at the same time?

I am told that we shouldn't use the phrase 'third world' any more.

fandango
2nd March 2008, 16:39

There are moments when I think I'm living in one.

Azumanga Davo
3rd March 2008, 05:37
Oh goody, another Daniel whinge thread...

Dave B
3rd March 2008, 09:22
It'll now have to go into a place to have an ISO connector put on.

Can a man of your skill not simply buy a connector (http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?TabID=1&criteria=usb&ModuleNo=98788&doy=search&C=SO&U=Strat15) and fit it yourself?

Mark
3rd March 2008, 09:42
Or get the car fixed? :p

Daniel
3rd March 2008, 10:26
Can a man of your skill not simply buy a connector (http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?TabID=1&criteria=usb&ModuleNo=98788&doy=search&C=SO&U=Strat15) and fit it yourself?

Thing is when I did it on my car I made a ham of it :uhoh: But I think that had a little to do with the fact that I was working inside the dash because the wires had been cut short :mark:

Azumanga Davo
4th March 2008, 06:20
Or get the car fixed? :p

Better yet, change your car... ;)

leopard
4th March 2008, 07:51
Better yet, change your car... ;)

At least change the gauge! ;)

Daniel
4th March 2008, 19:33
At least change the gauge! ;)
Gauge?????????

leopard
5th March 2008, 02:28
Gauge?????????
Didn't you know it?

Azumanga Davo
5th March 2008, 11:54
Didn't you know it?

Didn't know you needed a gauge in the car to tell you if your wires are cut inside the dash... ;)

But being a French car, who knows? :D

maxu05
5th March 2008, 12:39
Didn't know you needed a gauge in the car to tell you if your wires are cut inside the dash... ;)

But being a French car, who knows? :D

I think Leopard is talking about a multimeter, to check the wiring connections.

Daniel
5th March 2008, 12:41

That's what I used :) Plus the old battery pop test for the speakers. But it wasn't that which was the problem. It was the fact that all the work needed to be done INSIDE the dashboard as the cable has been cut short.

maxu05
5th March 2008, 12:46
Skinned knuckles I bet, hate that.

Daniel
5th March 2008, 12:49
Skinned knuckles I bet, hate that.
Working inside a car is the worst part of working on a car full stop :bigcry:

leopard
6th March 2008, 02:23

Can we use multitester to control fuel volume in the tank? Thought such Avometer is used to ensure that electric current stay connected.