PDA

View Full Version : Track Food

Easy Drifter
1st March 2008, 18:57
Best race track food: Elkhart Lake: Brats and Corn done in the husk on the BBQ with real coals, not gas.
Waterford Hills: Pretty good breakfasts.
Worst: In the 60's through the early 80's: The Glen: Usually overpriced and terrible. The odd church or Service Club weren't too bad but generally a rip off.
Mosport: Until Dr. Panoz took over. Steamed hot dogs and steamed burgers. Buns so wet you could almost wring them out. Small portions and terrible coffee. High prices.
Food not bad now and reasonable prices.
Outside of Mosport I am out of date.

Easy Drifter
4th March 2008, 19:58
Doesn't anyone on this forum go to race tracks and get food there? One of the many reasons for the Glen's decline in the 70's was the track food rip off. The town was no better where a local would pay half of what a race goer would for a loaf of bread or some milk.
Some of you must attend races!

GridGirl
4th March 2008, 22:04
Always disliked Spa because it was a proper dump before it got a revamp a couple of years ago but the Chips and Mayonaise were damn good. It was the only reason I bothered going back.

Drew
4th March 2008, 22:06
Doesn't anyone on this forum go to race tracks and get food there? One of the many reasons for the Glen's decline in the 70's was the track food rip off. The town was no better where a local would pay half of what a race goer would for a loaf of bread or some milk.
Some of you must attend races!

I'm not paying £6 ($12) for a burger :p :

Mark
5th March 2008, 09:49
All the tracks I've been to are the same, fast food outlets that go to every race. Plastic burgers, frozen bread. The 'Hog Roast' is just about bareable, but takes ages as you need to go through a mortgage application process to pay for it :p

MrJan
5th March 2008, 10:04
I always take food when I go to any kind of motorsport. Guess it comes from rallying when you can't be sure if there will be anywhere to get food. Also the price is just ridiculous and for the most part I think a lot of tracks in the UK have so many vendors that just travel from race to race (as Mark said) and are all pretty much the same in terms of quality.

slinkster
5th March 2008, 12:59
We usually take food with us to eat, though I am partial to getting some warm donuts in the late afternoon. mmm. :)

I don't eat the food from the numerous and somewhat dodgy burger vans at tracks, but I must say it's all part of the atmosphere, the sights and smells. I'd miss them if they weren't there.

J4MIE
5th March 2008, 19:47
A few years ago in germany for the rally, after taking a bite of a burger, only to discover that it was still frozen has put me off somewhat :s I'm usually pretty organised with food and often have more of it than camera stuff in by bag :D I usually only resort to buying stuff if I have run out of food or didn't have time to get anything organised beforehand.

Daniel
6th March 2008, 01:13
The best burger i had was at castle combe after getting soaked to the bone.

tstran17_88
6th March 2008, 03:45
Most Nascar tracks let you bring in food, except Chicagoland. We always eat before we go in.

leopard
6th March 2008, 08:14
We have to pay price twice or more expensive. If you don't like taking food to the track or in the travel, make sure friends or someone with you took it.

J4MIE
6th March 2008, 13:05
The best burger i had was at castle combe after getting soaked to the bone.

Ah yes! :cheese: And the ice creams afterwards weren't too bad either :D

GridGirl
6th March 2008, 19:12
The food at Goodwood Festival of Speed is quite good. :)

You lot just reminded me of being at Silverstone this year when I safely negotiated the crowds and got back to my seat with my icecream before I promptly dropped it on the floor for no reason that I can fathom. :(

Daniel
6th March 2008, 19:49
Ah yes! :cheese: And the ice creams afterwards weren't too bad either :D
These ones? :facelick:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~fenix1983/Files/Desktop/Desktop2.JPG

J4MIE
6th March 2008, 21:20
Yep that's the ones :lips:

J4MIE
6th March 2008, 21:30
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/7449/makkaralj2.jpg

:p :

GridGirl
6th March 2008, 21:32
That picture is just WRONG in oh so many ways. :p

Daniel
6th March 2008, 21:35
Oh my that pic IS wrong. WRONG WRONG WRONG :p Tasted good though :up:

J4MIE
6th March 2008, 21:37
GridGirl are you seriously telling me that you don't like a nice warm sausage in the middle of a forest on a hot summer's day?

:andrea:

Daniel
6th March 2008, 21:40
GridGirl are you seriously telling me that you don't like a nice warm sausage in the middle of a forest on a hot summer's day?

Is this a good time to mention those cheese sausages that spurt hot gooey cheese out at you? :angel:

Thought not :p

pino
6th March 2008, 21:57
I love sausages...expecially those cooked by J4MIE in the forest covered by snow :D

J4MIE
6th March 2008, 22:01
Here is me eyeing up Pino's sausage :andrea:

http://www.ewrc.cz/images/2008/wrc/sw/bw_p_133_atmosfera_6.jpg

If I could've managed to get a proper fire going the previous day I had bacon, eggs, sandwiches, oranges (oh my goodness, just remembered how brilliant those oranges were!! :eek: ), beetroot salad type stuff and some nice juice. But it was too wet :bigcry:

pino
6th March 2008, 22:13
Here is me eyeing up Pino's sausage :andrea:

http://www.ewrc.cz/images/2008/wrc/sw/bw_p_133_atmosfera_6.jpg

If I could've managed to get a proper fire going the previous day I had bacon, eggs, sandwiches, oranges (oh my goodness, just remembered how brilliant those oranges were!! :eek: ), beetroot salad type stuff and some nice juice. But it was too wet :bigcry:

I also agree about the oranges...never tasted a better ones outside Italy :p :

Daniel
6th March 2008, 22:18
I also agree about the oranges...never tasted a better ones outside Italy :p :
You should try South African or Australian oranges :) Not the ones that have been flown here but fresh ones when you're on holiday there :facelick:

GridGirl
6th March 2008, 22:21

Jamie, yes that seriously what I'm going to tell you. I've never tried a sausage in my life and I've never tried bacon or had a bacon sandwich either.

If we're going down the smutty route, I'll be on my best behaviour at the Robin Hood stages this weekend I promise. ;)

pino
6th March 2008, 22:29
You should try South African or Australian oranges :) Not the ones that have been flown here but fresh ones when you're on holiday there :facelick:

Sorry Daniel but nothing can beat Sicily red oranges...have you ever tasted ? :p :

Daniel
6th March 2008, 22:30
Sorry Daniel but nothing can beat Sicily red oranges...have you ever tasted ? :p :
No :p I'm sure they're good but one should always be open to the possibility of there being other stuff which is just as good ;)

pino
6th March 2008, 22:34
No :p I'm sure they're good but one should always be open to the possibility of there being other stuff which is just as good ;)

I am open to all possibility...ask J4MIE :s :p :

J4MIE
6th March 2008, 22:37
I am open to all possibility...ask J4MIE :s :p :

Yes I can conform that.....how was it mate? :D

pino
6th March 2008, 22:42
Yes I can conform that.....how was it mate? :D

Best food I've had...in Sweden :p :

DonJippo
6th March 2008, 22:45

Even better than that pepperone pizza two years ago :eek:

Camelopard
6th March 2008, 22:48

What? You mean Swedish meat balls aren't as good as Italian ones? :)

pino
6th March 2008, 22:49
Even better than that pepperone pizza two years ago :eek:

Off course not...nothing can beat that :s

J4MIE
6th March 2008, 22:49

Oh I thought you meant the haggis :p :

pino
6th March 2008, 22:52
What? You mean Swedish meat balls aren't as good as Italian ones? :)

Didn't know you can get meat balls in Sweden :eek: :p :

Camelopard
6th March 2008, 22:53
Didn't know you can get meat balls in Sweden :eek: :p :

Well 'they' call them 'meat balls'..........

pino
6th March 2008, 22:53
Oh I thought you meant the haggis :p :

Had that in Denmark :lips: not in Sweden ;)

J4MIE
7th March 2008, 00:25
I've never tried bacon or had a bacon sandwich either.

I'm speechless!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Easy Drifter
7th March 2008, 18:43
Hey some action. Not track food but in the US you order a burger at White Castle, take it out of the box and throw the burger out the window. Duck because the crows and seagulls will throw it back. Then you eat the box.

J4MIE
7th March 2008, 18:52
Hey some action. Not track food but in the US you order a burger at White Castle, take it out of the box and throw the burger out the window. Duck because the crows and seagulls will throw it back. Then you eat the box.

:laugh: :laugh: good one :up: