PDA

View Full Version : Mikko stunned about Latvala's pace

A.F.F.
1st March 2008, 09:01
http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/ralli/uutiset.shtml/arkistot/ralli/2008/03/618280

Well, he oughta be. Let's see how far the good spirit within the team will carry on. One thing for sure though. Mikko never thought his number 1 status would last only one rally :mark:

Fortunately, the season is long and Mikko has time to deliver. Also, Malcom thinks highly of Mikko's humble and hard working attitude. But that doesn't comfort Mikko himself.

Tomi
1st March 2008, 09:25
To me it seems that Mikko is taking everything in a helthy way, no big drama, if the team mate is faster, you only look like a fool if you make up stupid excuses.
I have to admit im also quite stunned, i was expecting a little less from JM at this moment.

Brother John
1st March 2008, 09:49
The championship has just started! I see still nothing wrong with Hirvonen. Oke I had expected more speed but maybe he play it smart?
There have been more champions who not always won. :s mokin:

Tomi
1st March 2008, 09:52
The championship has just started! I see still nothing wrong with Hirvonen. Oke I had expected more speed but maybe he play it smart?

agree

Corny
1st March 2008, 09:54
Indeed, it's about the one that gets the most points in a year..

Woodeye
1st March 2008, 10:09
I think that at the moment everyone are stunned about J-M's pace. What impresses me the most is the fact that J-M has said in the interviews that he hasn't even driven at his maximum speed yet in Mexico. It seems that at the moment he feels really comfortable in the car and has a lot of self-confidence. :up:

tmx
1st March 2008, 10:25
not really, i wasnt surprised latvala would be fast. but i thought mikko said that he will be max out all the rally and trying to beat loeb. but right now in 5th place is not acceptable. it is too early to make a conclusion.

i am more stunned that subaru is 3rd place after day 1.

koko0703
1st March 2008, 13:32
I'm not surprized about J-M's pace because he's shown he's got speed last year. But I'm more impressed with his consistancy so far. I had the impression of him being a Colin like do-or-die driver, and considering his age, I would expect more "die's" than "do's". Let's see what happens over next two days. Given the current gap, it won't be easy to stay in front of Loeb.

Lalo
1st March 2008, 13:41
Mikko hasn't found his pace this weekend yet. There're still two days to go before everything is said. I'm really happy of Latvala's pace. It reminds me Loeb's 2002 and 2003, when he took his first win in Germany and when he amazed Sainz and McRae (RIP) with his awesome pace.

And of course, Jari-Matti still has to finish. I would be happy if he can end up in front of Loeb. Watch the road possition, I doubt he can keep up the pace ahead of Sèb's, but he can get really close. Mikko can still climb up the leatherboard and keep himself in front of the drivers champ.

miksu
1st March 2008, 14:41
I've never liked Mikko, and somehow i saw this coming, or wished for it.

AlfaWRC
1st March 2008, 15:11
I've never liked Mikko, and somehow i saw this coming, or wished for it.

What did you see coming? That Mikko is leading the world championship and will be a serious title contender...

miksu
1st March 2008, 17:01
What did you see coming? That Mikko is leading the world championship and will be a serious title contender...

That he will eventually loose on pace to JM. Mikko is consistent for sure, but not so fast IMHO.

RAS007
3rd March 2008, 20:57
http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/ralli/uutiset.shtml/arkistot/ralli/2008/03/618280
Mikko never thought his number 1 status would last only one rally :mark:

:rotflmao:

Lalo
3rd March 2008, 23:04
I believe it's too soon to say.The championship has just started. Maybe after Argentina we'll have a clearer view of what's going on. It's one of the toughest events in the calendar, and it's a good place to check on their skills.

Jari-Matti is a champion on the making, that's for sure. His driving style reminds me McRae's somehow. Maybe he'll be as good as him, but I believe we should give him more time. Mikko is very consistant, but Latvala is faster and looks more aggresive on the stages. After some more events we'll be able to compare fair and square both finns.

JAM
4th March 2008, 12:18
In 3 rallies JM didn't have a big crash eand fought for the victory in two of them. For me, is a very good and positive surprise..