PDA

View Full Version : Should The Split live on?

Mad_Hatter
27th February 2008, 20:45
I mean as far as on track rivalries are concerned. Should ABC and ESPN use the former CC teams v Indycar teams rivalry the same way they used to use JGordon v Jr for nascar? This year has so many stories, but this is one that could continue on for years and years to come.

Personally I'll use it as a healthy rivalry what about you?

beachbum
27th February 2008, 20:48
No

cartpix
27th February 2008, 22:04
No

I agree. The slit has gone on for way too long. Why continue it? Don't you think there is enough hate, going on over this, to keep poking a stick into the cage?

Jeff

Chaparral66
28th February 2008, 00:25
I think most of us have had it. I'd rather argue about the action on the racetrack, than the politics on the sidelines.

Osiris333
28th February 2008, 00:44
There is no way it won't come up in the coverage. Personally, I think all this crap about how tough it's going to be for the Champ Car teams is a crock. The IRL cars are easy to drive. I'd expect a former CC team to win a race pretty early on.

They'd better give Danica that specially souped up engine soon, because her chances of winning go down dramatically every week, and they're gone if the new car is as much of a challenge as the current Champ Car is to drive.

hacker-pschorr
28th February 2008, 02:59
No

However, I'm sick to my stomach about not having an open wheel race at Road America this year. I'm hoping that will be resolved for next season.

Unless someone can pull off a miracle and save the race for 2008....Mario, you out there?

Mad_Hatter
28th February 2008, 04:11
While I appreciate your opinions I believe you have overlooked the part where I said "on track rivalries", but still I guess that is a little overboard.

Chaparral66
28th February 2008, 05:05
While I appreciate your opinions I believe you have overlooked the part where I said "on track rivalries", but still I guess that is a little overboard.

OK, I admit the oversight but the hook to your thread was "Should the split live on?", and not "Should the rivalries live on?". Most fans are going to still be a little touchy about this thing, and the title to your thread seems designed to get a reaction.