PDA

View Full Version : Pay up, you MoFo's (*LOL*)

SoCalPVguy
27th February 2008, 19:25
On October 14, 2006 I posted a thread:
http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122111
Sorry, but I have 5-bucks that says Champ Car does not answer the bell in 2008...
Now that "BY The Results" and the unification is a done deal and CCWS did not answer the bell in 2008, let's review who took the bet and who didn't...

Took the bet (Pay up, you cheapo's)
beachbum
Mike 15 (haven't seen him around in a while...)
Sanguin (Likewise, took the bet several times, owes about $20)
FerarriF1
Rogello
DeadSquirrel
Blancvino
Chris R
CC Fanatic (out with sanguin ?)
East Drifter (but only for Canadian $$$)

(Taking the bet in many instances also came with excoriating criticism by a few *cough, cough * sanguin, Mike15, CC Fanatic* I am sure you are all out writing your apologies and that's why you're not on the board lately......)

Did not take the bet (Congrats)
994ever
Mark in Oshawa
BrentJackson
garyshell

On the fence (maybe yes maybe no, how about you pay $2.50 *LOL*)
Mcleagle
Indycool

I'll send you my paypal account later, any funds collected go to the "Buy a beer for the open wheel race fan at Yardhouse, long beach CA Friday april 18" fund.

Rogelio
27th February 2008, 19:37
I will see you in court! Hey, if I could be there for Long Beach this year I would buy you a beer at the Springbok; the Yardhouse is overpriced. Looks like you were right. I think many of us were just a little to optomistic to accept the reality of the situation.

With the current merger situation, I am not dreading missing the LB race as was last year. Riding a bike for 50 miles in Mexico sounds better than this years LB Grand Prix.

Alexamateo
27th February 2008, 19:45
Hey SoCal, If they run DP01's at Long Beach, could that be considered answering the bell, albeit for a first round KO?

ANy Lawyers out there?, maybe you'll owe those guys 5 bucks! :eek:

:D :p : :)

Chris R
27th February 2008, 19:51
I seem to recall saying that I thought they would run the first race but wouldn't be surprised if they folded after long beach...... :D

rabf1
27th February 2008, 19:56
Since LB is an Indycar points event, I say they didn't answer the bell.

Blancvino
27th February 2008, 21:05
Sorry, but I have 5-bucks that says Champ Car does not answer the bell in 2008...
Now that "BY The Results" and the unification is a done deal and CCWS did not answer the bell in 2008, let's review who took the bet and who didn't...

beachbum
FerarriF1
Rogello
DeadSquirrel
Blancvino
Chris R

(Taking the bet in many instances also came with excoriating criticism by a few *cough, cough * sanguin, Mike15, CC Fanatic* I am sure you are all out writing your apologies and that's why you're not on the board lately......)

994ever
Mark in Oshawa
BrentJackson
garyshell

Mcleagle
Indycool

I'll send you my paypal account later, any funds collected go to the "Buy a beer for the open wheel race fan at Yardhouse, long beach CA Friday april 18" fund.

Can I put my 5 buck in the beer fund?

bblocker68
27th February 2008, 21:12
I'll drink to that!!

Hey, where is sanguin anyway?

cartpix
27th February 2008, 21:43
Are you guys nuts! You can't even get into the Yard House, race weekend. Even on Friday. Last time we met someone there, we left & had something to eat, at one of the little resturants, nearby. Are you sure I didn't take you up on your bet?

Jeff

pvtjoker
27th February 2008, 21:52
I'll drink to that!!

Hey, where is sanguin anyway?

I've wondered that myself. Seems alot of people "disappeared" when the merger was announced. We better get Geraldo Rivera involved.

Anyways, as an tribute to Sanguin I'll say this, "Racing is good. See you in Long Beach".

SoCalPVguy
27th February 2008, 23:25
I seem to recall saying that I thought they would run the first race but wouldn't be surprised if they folded after long beach...... :D

OK Chris you are off the hook. How about sending money for our beer fund anyway ?

Blancvino ("Can I put my 5 bucks in the beer fund?") Yes - but at the Yardhouse that $5 only buys about 2/3 of a beer.

Barry Blocker ("Hey, where is sanguin anyway?") He probably will be our waiter. Don't forget to tip.

Alexameteo ("Hey SoCal, If they run DP01's at Long Beach, could that be considered answering the bell, albeit for a first round KO? ANy Lawyers out there?") I was going to tell you to check with Judge Judy.

rab1 ("Since LB is an Indycar points event, I say they didn't answer the bell.") I am donating Blancvino's $5 to you for ruling on the dispute !

Cartpix: ("Are you sure I didn't take you up on your bet?") They say the memory is the second thing to go, and I don't remember the first... Go ahead, pay up too !!!

Rogelio: ("Riding a bike for 50 miles in Mexico...") You are riding in Santa Ana CA ???

I'm here all week, badabump.

994ever
28th February 2008, 00:57

beachbum
FerarriF1
Rogello
DeadSquirrel
Blancvino
Chris R

994ever
Mark in Oshawa
BrentJackson
garyshell

Mcleagle
Indycool

One of the best posts ever on this board, and not just because I was right (though that helps).

Chaparral66
28th February 2008, 01:03
It's not like Champ Car went under in financial flames, they did the merger by choice. Different animal alltogether.

Rogelio
28th February 2008, 01:18
I would love to pay up but I will be riding the Rosarito to Ensenada Bike Race that weekend. I will gladly buy you a beer next year. Or better yet, come down below to the yachts next year and I will give you a beer that does not cost $10. Then again, if its a Guiness at the Yardhouse, then it's worth the price.

beachbum
28th February 2008, 01:41

beachbum
FerarriF1
Rogello
DeadSquirrel
Blancvino
Chris R

994ever
Mark in Oshawa
BrentJackson
garyshell

Mcleagle
Indycool

I'll send you my paypal account later, any funds collected go to the "Buy a beer for the open wheel race fan at Yardhouse, long beach CA Friday april 18" fund.I had to go back and find where I "took the bet" since I really couldn't see how CCWS could fumble around and survive much longer. I had posted that opinion a number of times on different threads - and got attacked for it a few times. In my mind, wasn't a matter of if it was going to fade away, just when. I did write one post that a 2008 season was possible because the amigos were too arrogant to give up, not because I thought it made any logical sense. I eventually got a "time out" from the forum for being less than polite to the pom pom wavers in the thread (one in particular) who thought 2008 was a sure thing. So don't stick me in with that crowd. But there is nothing wrong with filling up the beer fund.

pits4me
28th February 2008, 03:00
Since LB is an Indycar points event, I say they didn't answer the bell.

Except they're running DP01'a and its being promoted as the swan song for Champ Car!

garyshell
28th February 2008, 05:37
Hey I was one of the guys who DIDN'T take the bet, but I'll kick in $5 for the beer fund IF one of you guys can haul a web cam equipped laptop to the bar and get a wifi connection for a Skype conference call, so I can join you guys at least virtually!!! Ah, hell, I'll kick in $10 for that! Takers???

Gary

Easy Drifter
28th February 2008, 18:52
I'll pay up when the series returns to the TO area. $5 Cdn. is more than $5 US!

deadsquirrel
28th February 2008, 19:38
Hey I was one of the guys who DIDN'T take the bet, but I'll kick in $5 for the beer fund IF one of you guys can haul a web cam equipped laptop to the bar and get a wifi connection for a Skype conference call, so I can join you guys at least virtually!!! Ah, hell, I'll kick in $10 for that! Takers???

Gary

I was named and shamed - but if DP01's are running, Tony Cotman and Jim Swintal are in Race control, surely it's a CHAMP CAR Race ;-)

If you promise to find a cornerworker and buy them a beer, I'll chip in $10 too. :-)

garyshell
28th February 2008, 21:20
I was named and shamed - but if DP01's are running, Tony Cotman and Jim Swintal are in Race control, surely it's a CHAMP CAR Race ;-)

If you promise to find a cornerworker and buy them a beer, I'll chip in $10 too. :-)

Sadly I can't be there, that's why I offerd the $10 if someone would bring a web cam enabled laptop to the bar on meet up night.

Gary

gerkebi
28th February 2008, 22:38
Champ Car is the sactioning body of this race. They answered the bell!

Blancvino
28th February 2008, 23:58

One without the clapper!

Very hollow victory.

weeflyonthewall
29th February 2008, 00:08

Agreed IMO. Ties are a b!tch.

Osiris333
29th February 2008, 00:10
Sorry dude, but the opening bell is Long Beach, and CC will answer it. Nobody owes you anything!

mikiec
29th February 2008, 00:36
Didn't take the bet... not a gambling man :D

But even in the press conference TG did say that LB would be a Champ Car race, so I think that constitutes answering the bell, even though it is just once....

Although if you're getting smug about predictions, can I just point you to this post....
http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124298

BTW.... All the way through this, your 'answer the bell' question has kept popping into my mind, so congrats! ;)

Ruben Barrios
29th February 2008, 00:39
^^^ Slimey!!! pay the man, he won fair and straight!!!!!

garyshell
29th February 2008, 03:08

And who is awarding points?

Gary