PDA

View Full Version : Crickey!! Whats happened to the BBC

Brown, Jon Brow
27th February 2008, 11:07
http://www.bbc.co.uk/?ok

When did this happen?

Daniel
27th February 2008, 11:26
Dave posted a while ago about this layout being in Beta :) I think it's great in that you can customise it so you get to see more of the news you want to see rather than what someone else decides is important to you :up:

Now if they'll just make a diana, maddy and so on filter all will be good :)

rallyeurope
29th February 2008, 15:27
Excellent layout. That BBCi player is brilliant. It's pretty much all i do at work!

Dave B
29th February 2008, 16:40
Dave posted a while ago about this layout being in Beta :) I think it's great in that you can customise it so you get to see more of the news you want to see rather than what someone else decides is important to you :up:

Now if they'll just make a diana, maddy and so on filter all will be good :)
I did indeed, I've been using it for some time now and it's a massive improvement on the old layout - although nothing that iGoogle doesn't already do.

It's a shame that it's only the front page which has changed, the news and sport pages are looking decidedly 1990s. But to get anything changed in the BBC requires months (if not years) of planning meetings and value tests lest anybody gets offended - witness the furore over the iPlayer not working on Macs yet, perish the thought that a publicly funded service tries to cater first for the overwhelming majority of users.

Daniel
29th February 2008, 16:54
I did indeed, I've been using it for some time now and it's a massive improvement on the old layout - although nothing that iGoogle doesn't already do.

It's a shame that it's only the front page which has changed, the news and sport pages are looking decidedly 1990s. But to get anything changed in the BBC requires months (if not years) of planning meetings and value tests lest anybody gets offended - witness the furore over the iPlayer not working on Macs yet, perish the thought that a publicly funded service tries to cater first for the overwhelming majority of users.

Never know. The EU might make the BBC pay £700 million if they don't get it working on Mac or Linux :)

BDunnell
29th February 2008, 23:29
It's a shame that it's only the front page which has changed, the news and sport pages are looking decidedly 1990s.

Must say, it doesn't bother me, because I get the information I want from them and aren't turned off by something that looks 'functional' rather than snazzy.

Daniel
1st March 2008, 00:14
But if you can filter out the stuff you don't want that can only be good

BDunnell
1st March 2008, 00:16
But if you can filter out the stuff you don't want that can only be good

I agree. I like the new front page.

stevie_gerrard
2nd March 2008, 00:47
I'm very impressed, i only noticed tonight and ive been messing about with it ever since :p :