PDA

View Full Version : Predictions 2008

NinjaMaster
26th February 2008, 11:36
Well, I'm a bit slow off the mark with this one but better late than never I guess. So basically, this is to predict the top 3 championship positions of whichever motorcyles racing series you wish and a dark horse that will be a lesser favoured rider to keep an eye on.

MotoGP
1. Stoner
2. Pedrosa
3. Rossi
Dark horse: Hopkins
I've seen nothing in preseason testing to suggest that anyone will topple Stoner this year. Pedrosa will give him stiff competition on his improved Honda but may spot him a start with his current injuries. Rossi will be thereabouts but won't find his Bridgestones the saviour he thinks they are. Hopkins on the Kwak will turn heads with continued improvement from both parties.

250cc
1. Bautista
2. Aoyama
3. Kallio
Dark horse: Takahashi
Alvaro was most impressive in his debut season last year and on the superior Aprilia, will be the one to beat. Aoyama and Kallio will push each other to bigger things this year but will push too hard a few times too often. Taka was a race winner til injuries crippled him last year and he will return to form this year, hampered only by Hondas lack of development.

125cc
1. Talmacsi
2. Gadea
3. Espargaro
Darkhorse: Any 17 year old kid in their second year.
Talma to back up his title against the wave of fast kids coming through. Gadea to be fast again but too many brainfades and Espargaro to really come of age and lead the title for a while.

World Superbike
1. Bayliss
2. Haga
3. Biaggi
Darkhorse: Corser
Bayliss has started the year very strongly on a brand new bike and at less than full fitness - he will only get faster. Haga is at the peak of his powers but his poor start may just cost him the chance at the title, it will be that close a year. Biaggi is a class act but has a tendancy to crash when the pressure is really on thses days. Corser may be past his best but a second year on the Yam may just see a return to form for the veteran after a disappointing 2007.

World Supersport
1. Parkes
2. Pitt
3. Foret
Darkhorse: Jones
In what looks like the annual Yamaha versus Ten Kate title chase, this is the year for Yamaha and Parkes to finally break Ten Kate's stranglehold. Pitt will rebound from bad luck in the first round and will get faster as he gets more comfortable. Foret will win plenty but over-exuberance will cost him. Jones is a star on the rise and will win at least one race this year on a very well prepared bike.

Autralian Superbike
1. Coxhell
2. Stauffer
3. Allerton
Darkhorse: Charlton
Coxhell to break the Yamaha dominance and take his second title in a tight one over Jamie Stauffer. Allerton's return to the factory Honda team to finally bare fruit after the red teams disastrous 2007 and Scott Charlton to shine finally getting his chance with a factory team on the new Kwak.

British Superbike
1. Byrne
2. Haslam
3. Sykes
Darkhorse: Camier
Byrne and Ducati together again to repeat history. Haslam once again the bridesmaid ahead of a improving Sykes on his rocketship Zook. Camier is also a young'un to watch, easily capable of finishing top 3 if he can get used to the v-twin.

AMA Superbike
1. Spies
2. Mladin
3. R.L. Hayden
Darkhorse: EBoz
Similar to last year, Spies to win through superior consistency to Mladin who will win more but a few crashes to ruin his title bid. Roger-Lee to have his breakout season on the new Ninja and keep an eye out for Eric Bostrom to give the leaders the hurry-up with Yamaha more serious to be competitive in the Superbike class.

Corny
26th February 2008, 16:53
only MotoGP for me:

Rossi will struggle with the Bridgestone tyres, Stoner will get an even more dominant year than 2007.. I'd say 12 wins for Stoner, 2 for Pedrosa, 3 for Rossi and 1 for Lorenzo :p

jonny hurlock
26th February 2008, 22:53
Predictions for 2008

Motogp: Stoner or Pedrosa(if fit) for title with Hayden in the top 3 dark horse Melandri,

250: Kallio for title

125: Talmacsi for title

WSBK: Bayliss for title, this title will be tight battle against Biaggi, Haga, Corser, another dark horse Niteo

BSB: either Byrne or Haslam for the title. I can't see anyone else for the title.

MrJan
26th February 2008, 23:08
I'm putting a few bob on me winning the GP title this season :D I don't want to say too much before the official announcement but a top rider is on his way out and I'm all but ready for the ride. Now I've not had a lot of experience riding bikes (about 30 minutes on a 110 mini moto) but let's be honest if that nipper Stoner can win a world championship it's pretty much a shoe in for me.

So don't say I didn't give anyone a heads up and if I were you I'd get down the bookies sharpish before the news breaks ;) Remember that's Yeo spelt Y-E-O :up:

maxu05
26th February 2008, 23:58
Motogp - Rossi will take the title back from Stoner in a hard fought and close battle. Dark horse- Nakano, feeling comfortable on the Bridgestones once again.

250's Aoyama for the title, with Bautista a close second. Dark Horse - Espargaro.

125's Talmacsi 1st and Brad Smith 2nd. Dark horse- Koyama

WSBK Bayliss, Haga or Biaggi, too close to call. Dark horse- Xaus

WSS Parkes or Foret. Dark Horse- McCoy

JETFX...
27th February 2008, 06:00
Stoner.... The only way anyone will finish in front of him in 08 is if he has technical problems or comes off :s mokin:

leopard
27th February 2008, 06:39
Stoner.... The only way anyone will finish in front of him in 08 is if he has technical problems or comes off :s mokin:
The problem is how often he will be suffering from such technical problem, if it comes quite often, then anyone will easily finish in front of him. :)

Jarman
28th February 2008, 08:22
My predictions:

MotoGP:
1. Stoner
2. Pedrosa
2. Rossi
Darks Horses: Toseland, Melandri, Elías, de Puniet...

250cc:
1. Bautista
2. Kallio
3. Aoyama
Dark Horse: Pasini

125:
1. Talmacsi
2. Gadea
3. Eparagaró/Smith

SBK:
1. Bayliss
2. Xaus
3. Haga
Dark Horse: Corser

Jarman
28th February 2008, 08:22
:)

tha_jackal
28th February 2008, 08:43
Ill give it a try, almost impossible to guess though! Who would have picked Stoner at the beggining of last year??

MotoGP:
1. Pedrosa
2. Rossi
3. Stoner
Dark Horse: Dovizioso/Toseland

250:
1. Kallio
2. Bautista
3. Barbera
Dark Horse: Poggiali/Pesek

125:
1. Talmacsi
2. Smith
3. Gadea
Dark Horse: Espagaro

WSBK:
1. Bayliss
2. Corser
3. Biaggi
Dark Horse: Neukirchner/Nieto

WSS:
1. Parkes
2. Foret
3. Pitt
Dark Horse: McCoy/Aitchison

... Phew...

osg
28th February 2008, 10:15
MotoGP only here.........

As much as it hurts me again (Favourite Aussie vs my all time favourite rider??):

1. Stoner
2. Rossi
3. Hayden

Darkhorse: Dovisioso/Vermuelen

neninja
28th February 2008, 16:06
MotoGP
1. Stoner
2. Rossi
3. Lorenzo
Dark horse: not for the title for podiums - Toseland (if he gets the parts)

250cc
1. Bautista
2. Kallio
3. Pasini

125cc
1. Smith
2. Gadea
3. Talmashi

World Superbike
1. Bayliss
2. Biaggi
3. Haga
Darkhorse: Xaus
The Yamaha has a tendency to wreck tyres so Xaus is an outside chance to pinch 3rd place. A Ducati 123 would not be good for the Championship though - back to the bad old days

World Supersport
1. Parkes
2. Jones
3. Foret
Darkhorse: Rea
The Yam seems stronger again this year but I suspect Ten Kate will not have it easy. Rea is a contender if his recent hand injury doesn't bother him

British Superbike
1. Byrne
2. Haslam
3. Sykes
Darkhorse: Camier
Basically you'll need to be on an Airwaves Ducati or HM Plant Honda to be in with a chance. It'll be interesting to see how Watanabe gets on with the Suzuki though.

AMA Superbike
1. Spies
2. Mladin
3. Hodgson

MrJan
28th February 2008, 17:14
Rossi

Stoner

Stoner

Pedrosa

Stoner

Stoner

Every single one of you has spelt 'Yeo' wrong even though I spelt it out for you ;) Don't say I didn't warn you :p :

Think I'll have to agree with the concensus that Stoner will take MotoGP. Certainly Dani and Vale will be close and I'll put a wildcard bet on Vermuelen (impressive last season and now he's the big dog should really come on).

maxu05
28th February 2008, 23:14
Yeah, Yow Mr Yeo, We are just concerned about your fitness for the full race. By the way, do they let you ride intoxicated ? :D

MrJan
29th February 2008, 12:12
Yeah, Yow Mr Yeo, We are just concerned about your fitness for the full race. By the way, do they let you ride intoxicated ? :D

Fitness? It's just sitting, I sit all the time. As for riding intoxicated you obviously haven't smelled De Puniet's breath at the start of a race. The guy smells more than Jack Daniels ;)

NinjaMaster
30th December 2008, 01:59
Well, what a difficult year to pick a winner! Seems only Maxu05 was able to pick Rossi as the MotoGP winner (didn't we jump off Rossi quickly ;) ) and Yeo was a bitter disappointment given his bold statements!
Simoncelli and Di Meglio were such turn-ups for their championship wins that no-one picked them for a top 3 position or even as a dark horse!
At least WSB was a bit kinder with everyone getting Bayliss right and kudos to neninja and myself for each predicting the BSB top 3 correctly.
Here's hoping for another unpredictable year in 2009. :up:

Corny
30th December 2008, 09:46
only MotoGP for me:

Rossi will struggle with the Bridgestone tyres, Stoner will get an even more dominant year than 2007.. I'd say 12 wins for Stoner, 2 for Pedrosa, 3 for Rossi and 1 for Lorenzo :p

Aii aii... :(

MrJan
30th December 2008, 12:18
I'd like to say that after my predictions I suffered some sponsorship problems and Yamaha decided to stick with Rossi for some reason. However I have decided to mount my own charge in '09 and will soon be making an official announcement regarding Team Yeodrive:

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/3572/yeodrivelogorm6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I also need to point out that this has only been made possible by a large investment from our wonderful partners over at Beerbelli and we hope it is the beginning of a long and fruitful relationship:
http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/747/37338860dt9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Hope you enjoy your motorcycling next season, I know I will.

Jan Yeo (MotoGP World Champion Elect 2009 ;) )